Argh! Warranty repair + Upgrade...

Guest DJ_Enigma

Guest DJ_Enigma

I sent my phone back to T-Mobile for a warranty repair because a couple of the keys stopped responding to key presses.

Got the phone back today repaired, they have replaced the keyboard. BUT they have also upgraded the firmware on the phone. Now it is WM6.1 and I am unable to restore my (a lot) applications etc from the 2gb backup file on my SD card.

It asks me for an upgrade file which I don't have. It performs the restore anyways but then the phone won't boot.

On performing a hard reset it comes back with WM6.1

I can't even cancel the damn T-Mobile customisations like I could in WM6 (by restarting the device before they install) now it just wipes the handheld again after boot and installs the T-Mobile crap again every time.

Please can someone help me restore my backup file? Where can I Get an upgrade file?

;)

Cheers,

G

Guest DJ_Enigma

I found a guide here that I would have followed had I know they would upgrade my phone without my consent:

http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/answer.aspx?id=329

Is anyone here still on WM6 (not 6.1) able to create an upgrade file for me and host it somewhere?

I know it's a massive ask but I would be forever greatfull if someone could help me out with this.

Many Thanks,

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chilsta
Is anyone here still on WM6 (not 6.1) able to create an upgrade file for me and host it somewhere?

I'm in the same boat: today I received a 6.1 replacement for my 6.0 from T-Mo - my brother still has a 6.0 on T-Mo so I will be trying to sort this out. I'll post the file if I have any joy.