Bundle.One - 10+ TOP WinMo apps for $49.99... are you in?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest capt_janeway

Having just moved over to a pocketpc from a wmphone I would be interested in this as I have yet to purchase anything for my lovely Diamond and am p'd off having lost the use of some of the wm stuff I had - but would like to see the bundle and possibly have SOME choice.

Maybe go for 7 have to haves and 3 from say 6 or so others?

Guest zero_divide_1

I whole-heartedly agree. But, SPB and Resco apps (particularly Diary, Mobile Shell, and Explorer) better be on there! ;)

Yes but it IS the best idea :wacko: :(

Guest MikeStanley

It depends on the actual applications.

Bear in mind the PocketPCMag "Best Of Everything" so some may have a load of the standard ones anyway.

Full versions with lifetime updates would be good, or apps not part of bundles before --- eg SPB shell

Hope it goes well

Guest Pony99CA
Bear in mind the PocketPCMag "Best Of Everything" so some may have a load of the standard ones anyway.

I'm glad somebody mentioned the Pocket PC Magazine Best of Everything CDs. Unfortunately, as that link mentions, they didn't do one for 2008.

I've bought bundles from single developers, like the Ilium Essentials and Resco Media Suite bundles. Those bundles included 3 applications (counting the WM and PC versions as one) for $45 and 4 applications for $53, respectively, so 10 applications for $50 would be reasonable.

As long as the applications that I'd want cost less in a bundle than they would individually, why not get the bundle? But be honest and just price it at $50.00, not $49.99 -- it doesn't really fool smart people. ;)

Steve

P.S. Posts: 1? I don't post a lot here, but I don't think it's my first....

Edited by Pony99CA

Guest nickcornaglia

I'm with the idea of pick 10 out of 20, though I'm sure it would be an ordeal for you to figure all that out per order. I'm a fan of MacHeist (thanks to Paul filling me in on it) and like the idea of 10 initial apps....after 500 purchases, another app is added, then after 1000, 1500, etc.

Also...will there be a Windows Mobile Standard (smartphone) package as well as a Professional (ppc) package?

Guest PPCInformer

@ encece there should be a separate Professional / Standard Pack..

Hi Pony99CA good to see you here mate, I am assuming you are the same dude from pocketnow

Paul , I think you should let people nominate application and then have a vote to decide which application should be selected for the pack

On the face of it, I like the idea too. Whether or not I'd buy it, of course, depends on what's in it. I like the ideas already suggested to either pick 10 out of a larger group or perhaps the poll to pick what goes in.

Guest DarkWanderer

Someone mentioned Sprite Backup, a great app I've just discovered. However they're currently selling the Sprite Backup Pack which also includes Sprite Terminator, which is a great remote wiping app, for less than buying them sperately. I think I'll hold off buying a licence in case it makes it into this pack! ;)

Guest XtremeMaC

i think there should be a separate games pack. so no game should be included in the 10+ software bundle.

for example i don't play games on my phone just sudoku and couple of games that don't require much graphics power..

so separate popular games pack would be nice for those who play games..

but vga/qvga/wvga difference should be taken into account..

Guest ricardo the fish
I've replied with 'Maybe if the apps appealed to me!', but it would be more accurate to say 'Definately if at least 2 or 3 of the apps appeal to me'.

As a software developer myself I try to buy direct from devs wherever possible, so it really appeals that all the revenue is split between developers rather than middlemen taking their (not inconsiderable) slice.

Count me in as a 'definately if at least two or three apps appeal to me' person, well okay maybe three or four. ;)

Actually, if it were a pool of apps that you could choose from, I could quite happily accept that depending on which apps you wanted, you didn't necessary get 10.

What I mean is that you could pay the $50 for 10 "points". Most apps would be one point (say), but maybe one or more apps were two points. As long as you picked apps that made it up to a total of 10 points, then fine.

That way, I'm thinking that if some publishers don't fancy joining in this scheme to simply get one tenth of the bundle price, their app could be 'priced' at two points, giving them a larger share of the pool - for those who wanted that app.

This would make me *much* more likely to go ahead with this... for the simple reason that if there were say fifteen apps to chose from, I'd be much more likely to find 10, or 8, or whatever that I'd like.

I must say I like this idea a lot. More because it will support some developers (and not I hope big commercial packages) than the fact it could be a great money saving deal. The skill in drawing me to part with my cash on this is to suggest very popular professional looking packages with big followers that make peoples' Top Software list but which also stands apart from free software. I'm not saying developers of free software should miss out if their software really is the best of its class, but it would be easy to compile a list of the best free software for nothing. I'm also expecting some obscenely good Top 10 software lists from people in the know. Personally I rely on very little software on my phone and would like to know what could make my life easier...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.