LED on the diamond?

Guest CaNe13

I noticed on the Diamond, that there is a little LED light by the looks of things where your earphone speaker is, now is this true and if so is it like the blackberry and is it the light indicator? and if so how do you turn it on so it blinks and notifies?

Guest Neil5459
I noticed on the Diamond, that there is a little LED light by the looks of things where your earphone speaker is, now is this true and if so is it like the blackberry and is it the light indicator? and if so how do you turn it on so it blinks and notifies?

There are no 'normal' LEDs as such on the Diamond- what you see is the ambient light sensor that adjusts the screen brightness according to the available light.

Although there is no specific LED notification, the Diamond does notify of new Email and SMS by flashing the LED incorporated in the D-Pad: Slow pulsating flash when chaqrging, steady light when charged, intermittent pulse flash for new Email, continuous pulsing while retrieving mail, and a circular pulse for new SMS.

What more do you need?

Guest estechco
There are no 'normal' LEDs as such on the Diamond- what you see is the ambient light sensor that adjusts the screen brightness according to the available light.

Although there is no specific LED notification, the Diamond does notify of new Email and SMS by flashing the LED incorporated in the D-Pad: Slow pulsating flash when chaqrging, steady light when charged, intermittent pulse flash for new Email, continuous pulsing while retrieving mail, and a circular pulse for new SMS.

What more do you need?

Whilst I am happy on the one hand to have no flashing LED's (draining my battery further), one thing did occur to me last night.

I usually turn my phone off over night, but about ten minutes after I did so last night, I couldn't quite remember whether I had done so or not. The only way to see whether the phone is/was on or off was to press the main power button...you guessed it...turning it back on again.

Not a big issue, but a slight design flaw?

Whilst I am happy on the one hand to have no flashing LED's (draining my battery further), one thing did occur to me last night.

I usually turn my phone off over night, but about ten minutes after I did so last night, I couldn't quite remember whether I had done so or not. The only way to see whether the phone is/was on or off was to press the main power button...you guessed it...turning it back on again.

Not a big issue, but a slight design flaw?

Tell me about it mate... thats why i was asking..

• 1 month later...
Guest estechco
There's another way to check power off: Pull the stylus out. By default this wakes the phone and unlocks the screen, but if it's off, nothing will happen.

Like it!!! B) B) B)