OmniaTHREAD - Messaging threading mode changer

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest measorpaul

hi another new user here, copeid the files over to the phone, ran the application and now all i get is a white screen with a ^ in the bottom right corner

what do i do next

thanks

Guest stevei0742

hi another new user here, copeid the files over to the phone, ran the application and now all i get is a white screen with a ^ in the bottom right corner

what do i do next

thanks

me too, could we have some "idiot proof" instructions please :-)

Steve

Guest newb008
Just copy the .cab file you download on the first post to your Omnia and run it... It will install e then in the Programs a new icon named OmniaThread will show up.. Just run OmniaThread and there you go...

Sorry Im a very new OMNIA user... where do i download the .CAB file, which folder?

I have tried copying it into the SGH-i900 My documents and then sync-ing... is this what Im meant to do??

Any help would be appreciated, the more idiot proof the better B)

Thanks

Guest Frankish

Would this program work on a T-Mobile Omnia? It seems they haven't the option of HAVING threaded on unless it's really well hidden.

So would this turn it on?

Guest Frankish
It SHOULD be on by default. If not, this should fix it!

P

Well it's not on our lasses and she wants it on. Seems like you guys want it off B)

Thanks and we shall give this program a whirl.

Guest stevei0742

Hi all i have tried to instal this again and again and all i get is Opera appearing to run the stopping with a blank white screen and thats it, the program never instals, doesnt appear in the device.

Could we PLEASE have detailed instructions, for example which folder do i put the .cab file in etc etc.

Steve.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments (including the new version to be released shortly).

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peterich

Didn't realise so many people found the text message threading on the Omnia so damned anoying as I did, I thought it was just me because I'm just a grumpy old fart!

Thank you Paul, works a treat for me

B)

Guest drewsta_j

just a little query..

works great for me, good riddance to sms threading - yuk.

notifications still work, however, the little sms notification in the top task bar displays for one second and then when the notification is displayed on the screen is disappears. is there any fix for this?

thanks

drew.

Guest krelvinaz

Pretty cool.

Out of curiosity, what software development package are you developing in.

I've got some time coming up and was going to play a bit with Studio 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
omniathread.png
Presenting, OmniaTHREAD... a program by myself to change the threading mode of the messaging application.

Features:

- Nice UI

- Nice icon

- Orientation aware

- AppToDate compatible

- CAB packaged

Source code is will be available online soon... :-)

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

MoDaCo.OmniaTHREAD.CAB

• 1 month later...

newbie here :D *and im not much of techno-wiz so pls bear with me tnx hehe*

just recently purchased my samsung omnia i900 and found this website for some assistance

help pls...

downloaded the cab file on my computer and then copied it on the 'my storage' folder in 'file explorer' on my device

when I clicked on '_setup', the opera browser opens but then nothing happens and im left with a blank white screen

i did the soft reset but nothing happened, on top of that some of my sms txts went missing, itz like it has been deleted for some reason after i did soft reset :) and i couldnt find them anymore ;)

pls help coz i'd really like to disable the sms threading on my phone

appreciate much for the assistance tnx :)

Guest Omarciño
omniathread.png
Presenting, OmniaTHREAD... a program by myself to change the threading mode of the messaging application.

Features:

- Nice UI

- Nice icon

- Orientation aware

- AppToDate compatible

- CAB packaged

Source code is will be available online soon... :-)

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

MoDaCo.OmniaTHREAD.CAB

Gracias, Paul...

Im Omar...new member from Argentina

Thanks for shearing your knowledge with us, the "normal" people...

Excellent forum...Bye

Guest talk show host

Thanks for that - works great

Although, now I can't figure out which I prefer. I much rather unthreaded but I liked being able to see the text I was replying to so I wouldnt forget anything, heh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest josef2
Just copy the .cab file you download on the first post to your Omnia and run it... It will install e then in the Programs a new icon named OmniaThread will show up.. Just run OmniaThread and there you go...

I've just come across this and it looks interesting but I'm new to all this and I don't know how to copy this to my Omnia. Any advice for a newbie?

Guest josef2
I've just come across this and it looks interesting but I'm new to all this and I don't know how to copy this to my Omnia. Any advice for a newbie?

Its Ok I got installed. No need to explain how to do it. Thanks