Omnia Touch Player

Guest SwagR

Am i the only one that thinks the Omnia Touch player is capable of being one of the best proprietary players available with a few upgrades? The player is very nice but just need a few tweaks to stay with the competition. Maybe everyone can list what they think should be added to the touch player in order to make it better and maybe we'll get what we ask for in a firmware upgrade at some point.(praying)

Here's my 2 cents:

1) The pink default album art and the pink trim need to go...come on samsung, if we're not gonna get an option any color but pink will do, better yet, why not let it match the current theme???!!!

2) lets say i have 20 gigs of music, it would be pain to search because the swipe action is sooo slow and there is no type to search feature...to be honest i know it can be better...for instance look at the S2U2 settings menu, the swipe action is sooooo fluid compared to the Omnia Touch player...Samsung might wanna hire A_C. They can either implement a search feature or put one of those neat scroll bars that's in the Programs menu of I1.

3) The album art full screen for most albums look bad but i'm sure we can live with it and it has improve vastly since G3....but the thing that drives me crazy is when i look at the album full screen and it has a person's body on it, u may only see the waist of the person to their toes...which makes no sense. I think that it being a "touch player" in fullscreen mode we should be able to pan around the album art like in the picture viewers. That would b cool and i'm sure it would be a first in any mobile. If not just do something better to it.

*4) This doesn't apply directly to the Touch player but the whole UI....the whole UI is in white, which gets boring after a while. A black would be nice. Can you imagine a black touchplayer with blue or red where the pink is??!! That would be sick, the Samsung Menu and programs list would also look nice in black. If you dont wanna give us the rainbow of colors at least give us black...pllleeeaaasseeee!

Come on guys, u have the technology...stop holding back.... Innov8...we need Nokia's spot on the podium!!

Just my 2 cents...anybody else have any thing to add...jus add and lets do this....that's just my 2 cents....We need the Omnia to get the phone of the year award next year!

Omnia FTW!

Samsung forever

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lucavi

Well, the fact that the album view doesn't actually show the album/artist name is really annoying. What makes it even more annoying is that it won't read album art for most of my mp3s so i just have an endless array of squares to pick from.

Also, when you update the library it adds every single AUDIO FILE on the Omnia. Which is stupid, because it will play all my ringtones- causing me to freak out and swerve through lanes of traffic trying to answer my phone.. only to realize that it wasn't actually an incoming call.

Making playlists makes no sense.sand;y, it should just be more like an ipod or a zune for at least the "on the go" or "quick playlist" playlist.

Guest robf80

Gap-less playback would be nice! Those annoying pauses between tracks is unnecessary (Pocket Player is close to getting that right). The alphabetical order of the tracks is the most annoying problem though.

Guest Michael122w

To be honest, whenever I use the Touchplayer I get cranky and frustrated with my Omnia! I like the big buttons with the haptic feedback..... but

I often wonder if Samsungs programmers ever bothered to test this program before they installed it. I simply fail to believe that they could release such a useless album view! I have a few hundred albums on my phone and it would take me several minutes to flick though them at the pathetic rate. I am amazed that once you finally find the right album (if you haven't died in the mean time) - you get taken to an even slower song list page! Ahhhhhh!

I thought the few gig of music might be causing the problem - but if you reduce the amount of music you only get a marginal improvement. I have now trialled HTCAlbum, S2P and KinomaFreePlay - all which have effective methods to move though music. Why has sumsung chosen to frustrate us?!?!?

I keep hoping that one of the firmware updates will fix the problem!

Guest testerr
I often wonder if Samsungs programmers ever bothered to test this program before they installed it.

I think that Samsung programmers can stand with a row with Microsoft programmers for a MOST NON-ERGONOMIC software ever. :/

Edited by testerr

Guest kslakhani

have you guys noticed the touch players preset Equilizers only enabled when you use provided wired handsfree by Sammsung.

I want to find a hack how to enable equilizers withought using wired headset ;)

Guest Geronymous
have you guys noticed the touch players preset Equilizers only enabled when you use provided wired handsfree by Sammsung.

I want to find a hack how to enable equilizers withought using wired headset ;)

Hey... it is true... in fact, the equalizer is new since DXHI2 or DXHI3! Was not present in DHI1! Great addition I would say! Will test if it really sounds better...

EDIT: apparently the equalizer was there before, but indeed I didn't notice it because I always listen to music through BT (mainly in my car). In that sense, not a big problem for me, as I do the "equalization" within my car radio. Would be handy though for listening with my BT headset...

Edited by Geronymous

Guest Anfloyd
and dont sort my songs alphabetically, theres a reason i put track numbers on each song.

You need to rename your mp3s with a tag editor, the player reads the song tag and not the filename which could be something completely different.

Tag Editor

Guest Anfloyd
Well, the fact that the album view doesn't actually show the album/artist name is really annoying. What makes it even more annoying is that it won't read album art for most of my mp3s so i just have an endless array of squares to pick from.

Also, when you update the library it adds every single AUDIO FILE on the Omnia. Which is stupid, because it will play all my ringtones- causing me to freak out and swerve through lanes of traffic trying to answer my phone.. only to realize that it wasn't actually an incoming call.

Making playlists makes no sense.sand;y, it should just be more like an ipod or a zune for at least the "on the go" or "quick playlist" playlist.

Name the album art "folder.jpg" and make sure it is placed in the same folder as the albums mp3s.

Hey... it is true... in fact, the equalizer is new since DXHI2 or DXHI3! Was not present in DHI1! Great addition I would say! Will test if it really sounds better...

Naah, i'm still running HI1(and loving it!) and it has the EQ feature, i think it just went unnoticed because its only activated with the earphone plugged in, Which is kinda weird because with previous Samsung Models the EQ even applied to ringtones!

Guest Massive Attack
You need to rename your mp3s with a tag editor, the player reads the song tag and not the filename which could be something completely different.

Tag Editor

wait, you mean your touch CAN sort by tracknumber? my song tags comes from itunes, but touch player still sorting it alphabetically, hmmm, maybe itunes is keeping the info on its library and not writing it on mp3?

Guest Geronymous
http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...ing-the-radio/#

"..

edit HKLM\System\State\Samsung\EarJackStatus and set it to 1

.."

and Equaliser option is there

Changing this registry value indeed enables the Equaliser button (same as plugging in the headset connector), but the sound coming through the speaker or a BT headset is NOT equalized... so in that sense this hack is useless on its own. Maybe something else needs to be changed as well to have the sound being routed to the BT headet also being affected by the equalizer. :lol:

I have to say though that I like the equalized sound coming through the wired headset, ROCK setting... :D

• 3 months later...
Guest TonynMI

I cannot play my WMA files via Touch Player. I looked for an Association in Touch Player and there is non. I looked at Properties and find Association, However, under Programs there is no Touch Player as I believe it is part of the OEM ROM. Is there a place that I can change the Registry to Associate WMA with Touch Player?

I know that I can play WMA via WMP or TCPMP. However, I do like the various Options of Touch Player. I tried CorePlayer, too. 

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest saiyoke

guys.... i neeeeeed help.. im getting really upset... touch player, WMP, or even the manilla 2d player on my omnia are not displaying chinese words properly.. I have already installed some chinese word cabs on my omnia, and have no problem viewing it in the file explorer, but whenever i clicked on the song's and when it started to play it on a player, the words became unreadable.. help!

please email me if u know the solution [email protected]

thanks thanks thanks thanks...................................

Edited by saiyoke

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Voltron8Myhat
Am i the only one that thinks the Omnia Touch player is capable of being one of the best proprietary players available with a few upgrades?

Yes.

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Samsung software expetise is nowhere near its competition. Some apps by 3rd parties for winmo are really finger friendly like the iPhone UI. I would fire all the UI developers from Samsung yesterday and bring in the best.

Guest ivanoski

touch player sux ass, it adds my ringtones and other sh1t to my library,

USE POCKET PLAYER, its the best, you can choose which folders to use, many options, even a visualization, total best

• 1 month later...
Guest opxiii

guys i need your help! how can i delete or clear the list of videos i have opened using the omnia touch player? even after the videos have been deleted, when i open touch player, they are still listed there. how can i clear the list? thanks!

Guest andylyf
guys i need your help! how can i delete or clear the list of videos i have opened using the omnia touch player? even after the videos have been deleted, when i open touch player, they are still listed there. how can i clear the list? thanks!

do a hard reset....

Guest opxiii
do a hard reset....

how do i do the hard reset? also, will it reset the touch player only or other applications as well? what does a hard reset exactly do? thanks!