Post your DXHI2 issues here

Guest lastnikita

Guest Geronymous
Flashing right now ;)

Good idea... will "close" the DXHI1 topic as "obsolete"... :wacko:

Currently downloading DXHI2 and will probably flash tomorrow evening (want to continue testing battery impact of PhoneAlarm).

it is not really tight to DXHI2, but it was there from a long time and I wished it would be corrected by now! the in-massaging zoom feature!

It only displays unformatted text wrapped around the lines in an "inhuman" way!

guys, quick question, is it necessary to run the camera update (the*# number thingy) again after you flashed your omnia to DXHI2?

For the sake of completion, i did it. Don't know whether it changed anything. May be someone can check whether the geotagging problem is fixed before the camera update in DXHI2. I should have done it myself but now it is late ;)

Guest Reuben (MY)

can i know what's the signaficant update on HI2 comparing to HI1? i'm with good battery life and stable device with HI1 so i'm considering improvement wise to decide on upgrade to HI2. please advice. thanks in advance.

Guest respider
can i know what's the signaficant update on HI2 comparing to HI1? i'm with good battery life and stable device with HI1 so i'm considering improvement wise to decide on upgrade to HI2. please advice. thanks in advance.

in the 35th page of secany's thread there are a zip with the changelog

I think I wont update, I'm with H1 too, I just want the heating problem solved

Do yours heat a lot while using wifi, gaming or GPS?

Guest Reuben (MY)

GPS yes, wifi not so much because i use about 10-15 minutes only for each connection ;) gaming definitely no, because if the device heat up my wife would be the first to complain to me as she plays game on my device more than 1 hour whenever the phone is on table :wacko:

guys, quick question, is it necessary to run the camera update (the*# number thingy) again after you flashed your omnia to DXHI2?

You don't need to put any code for camera firmware update.

Geo tagging now work fine but you must wait for GPS data like DXI1.

EDIT 09/28/2008

Memory:

Storage Program

Total 89.53MB /// Total 96.70MB

In Use 32.89MB /// In Use 36.95MB

Free 56.64MB /// Free 59.75MB

Version:

PDA: i900DXHI2/DXHI2

Phone: i900DXHI2

After a quick test:

Overall impression: Seems a bit slower than DXHI1

Calculator:

Still not the scientific

Opera:

Version 9.5 Build 2372. No Flash support yet (same as HI1)

Camera:

Geotags works perfectly at least in France, just let some time to the phone. It can take some time to the GPS to be accurate.

GPS:

Seems Good

Bluetooth:

Mono Headsets: Routing sound problem except for phone calls. Voice Command does not work with Bluetooth.

WIFI:

Seems Good

Contacts:

Seems slow to refresh. If you want to install this version and you have to update your contacts, make the PIM restoration before all other programs to avoid bugs.

Telephone:

Seems Good

Alarm Clock

Works perfectly for me

Battery

It can happen that the battery indicates 90%, then a little later 100%, and then go back to 90%. Does not appear to be 100% accurate. The device can heat when on USB port, but I think that there is nothing to worry about.

Charging with USB port works, but the power button remains red even if the battery is fully charged.

Edited by totolo

Guest ronaldb3
in the 35th page of secany's thread there are a zip with the changelog

I think I wont update, I'm with H1 too, I just want the heating problem solved

Do yours heat a lot while using wifi, gaming or GPS?

I tried to get to the changelog but the file out of winrar was a .xlsx that I didn't know what to do with. Tried Excel . Any Suggestions???

Thanks... Ron...

Guest pdaphonemaster
I tried to get to the changelog but the file out of winrar was a .xlsx that I didn't know what to do with. Tried Excel . Any Suggestions???

Thanks... Ron...

xlsx is the new Excel format for Office 2007. You can download xlsx viewer from MS website for free.

Guest ronaldb3
xlsx is the new Excel format for Office 2007. You can download xlsx viewer from MS website for free.

That make sense. But a suggestion - if the file was xls format , those of us that haven't got 2007 could read it and I bet that 2007 can just read it in easily also.

But for now I will get the MS reader.

Thanks... Ron...

I too am happy with HI1, not too sure if I will update it. Don't use geotagging for my photos so it doesn't matter if it's fixed or broken. GPS and WiFi work alright for me too. Yes, it was quicker in HH3 but then it really sucked the battery. Probably will upgrade when there are new apps. I'll wait in the meantime and see how it goes...

I am getting the "cannot execute wmscheduler.exe" error after upgrading! and the alarm did not sound this morning too!

I feel that this rom is slower and the screen went black on me "again" while the phone was on, pressed the power button for a long time, and instead of switching off, the screen just went on again!

I will give it another day, however I think I am on my way to flash back to HI1.

Battery life: Charged all night after the upgrade, removed from the charger at 7:00AM, now it is 12:10PM and I have 70%!!!!! all usual configuration is there like HI1! exchange push mail, hotmail push mail, another pop and imap mail checking every 2 hours, on HI1 it used to be 100%~90% by now...

If you don't have problems with HI1, don't upgrade to HI2... yet!

With DXHI2 I got more +/- 5 mb on storage.

Phone peraphs a litle less accurate. (It would be nice to go back to DXHI1 on phone).

Conclusion:

PDA - DXHI2 is better

PHONE - DXHI1 is better

yes, when connecting to usb, the battery will be discharging very fast.

There must be a problem with your omnia as when its connected to the USB it should be charging not discharging.

Guest Massive Attack

anyone here have tried plotting their geotagged photos with google earth, it seems the tag is incorrect, it plots my photo in the middle of the pacific ocean. can anyone verify this?

EDIT: It turns out that the coordinates is in N & E reference, but irfanview is reading the coordinates at S & W reference, how do i change this?

EDIT: I think this is fault of camera, as it is not witting the GPSLatitudeRef and GPSLongtitudeRef, and IrfanView have a default of S & W

EDIT: I was wrong, the camera is writing the ref and writing it as S & W, but the coordinates are in N & E, i edited it and replace SW with NE and it google earth pinpointed me to the exact location, so this is another camera bug, crap, i updated because of the geotagging bug, and it turns out, there is still a bug. ;)

Edited by Massive Attack

Hi, I can't select text from Samsung keypad or Samsung gsm keyboard. Only numbers or special letters.

Maybe a bug from DXHI2.

this is fatal? any1 can confirm? second opinion? or is it just jclsm?