Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

Guest PaulOBrien

getting the unsigned error on my HI1.

to tired to do the reg edits you suggest, but prev posts indicate they might not work anyway, so i'll prolly just hang on till others do the testing for me lol.

Thanks tho.

Guest XtremeMaC

awesome patch. but i'm still haven't decided if I want this or not. I don't accidentally want to press any buttons when during a call, but when i want to engage the notes app or loudspeaker it becomes 2 button job. I guess i'm lazy ;)

The .dll worked for me. I ran some tests and it works well, but it disables the video call function.

I rarely use it, but when I'm away from my kids sometimes it's fun to have a video call. So that's it for me. I had the foresight of saving a copy of the original .dll and copied it back to the Windows directory to return to the original.

Guest ptrbee
I've reuploaded the CAB to the first post, I think there was an issue with the original posting - please reinstall everyone!

;)

P

Beautiful,,, if you were a girl I'd kiss you..lol installed & works perfectly so far.. will keep you posted.

:wacko: pb

Guest Paul (MVP)
Beautiful,,, if you were a girl I'd kiss you..lol installed & works perfectly so far.. will keep you posted.

:wacko: pb

Please don't... ;)

P

Guest Ratbat
I've reuploaded the CAB to the first post, I think there was an issue with the original posting - please reinstall everyone!

;)

P

installed fine this time, thanks Paul.

now if only had a friend so i could ask them to call me lol

I hired a small child to call me to test, i was worried about accidentally tapping the screen with my cheek or something, but once connected the screen dims, so you first tap on the screen activates it, so that should cut down on accidental taps

Guest ptrbee
installed fine this time, thanks Paul.

now if only had a friend so i could ask them to call me lol

I hired a small child to call me to test, i was worried about accidentally tapping the screen with my cheek or something, but once connected the screen dims, so you first tap on the screen activates it, so that should cut down on accidental taps

in addition the screen should still lock at the time you set it to do so in settings->power->calling@10,20 or 30 seconds

Guest ronaldb3
in addition the screen should still lock at the time you set it to do so in settings->power->calling@10,20 or 30 seconds

Thanks for reminding me about that setting. With so many hard resets with all the upgrades this past month I forgot this one. I unchecked it because I mostly use the speaker phone option.

The screen would go dark real quick on my calls. I thought Paul still had a bug in his patch program (my apologies to Paul - what the heck was I thinking with that!!!)

Ron...

If it works for everyone (the DLL) I'll package it into a handy app for toggling between lock on and lock off...

P

Hi Paul,

Great stuff! It works. Now my screen doesn't lock when I'm on a call. But I am just wondering how I can revert to the original mode when I need to? Think the toggle idea you have is good.

Guest Ratbat

my phone is not a happy bunny.

everything seemed fine after putting in the cab, but this morning i had a screen or error notifications from smclose and batti, and all day i've had errors popping up, losing sounds, all sorts of weirdness, mostly around batti and smclose.

i dont know if its cos its a hi2 dll on my hi1 rom phone or what, i wasnt gonna flash to hi2 as there didnt seem much improvement over hi1, but i'll have to now i think :/

Guest Ratbat
Not related I would say!

P

no idea if it is just a coinkydink, it was the only thing i did to the phone yesterday, but nobody else has had problems it seems.

i'm flashing to hi2 as i type, as the phone was buggered as is, so i'll try the cab after i flashed.

BTW, is there a way to undo the cab if i get it again or will i need to reflash again?

Guest Ratbat
Just uninstall it from 'Remove Programs'.

P

oh.....he says looking at his freshly flashed phone bereft of all the progs and settings painstakingly setup over the last week lol

Guest Quist09

I tested this latest version and it works a charm. I was also able to place a video call through the Contacts app and successfully received a video call (after a couple of tries, but that's probably up to my provider's network). That means that this SECDialer doesn't disable video calling. I'm back in the game!

Anyway, THANK YOU!!!

Guest bulderhart
Just uninstall it from 'Remove Programs'.

P

So uninstall should give me back my old DLL, should anything go wrong? (I'm still on HG4, cold feet I guess...)