Change colors Samsung menu's?

Guest DeOS

Guest Ashy87

spotted this while browsing, i think the menu looks simple but effective. anyone any ideas where its from? looks like someone got the white font too!

images are a little poor but you can see the idea

i understand the theme is called "soloblack" which i have and looks good and the today screen seems to be the "black one mentioned earlier in this thread but the menu is still white and not like in the photos here:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?958bfa095c.png

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?55b6c387ec.png

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?ddd2c82a3c.png

source: http://mysamsungomnia.wordpress.com/2008/0...ia-h3-firmware/

apologies if this is a silly, already answered, question. ;)

Guest PaSSoA

Looks good, I'm particularly interested in the main menu with the white fonts, should be a new Launcher.exe.T1.skin to match the secstresBlack96.dll Today 2 screen.

If anyone has flashed HI3, could you see if you have other .skin files in the \Windows\ folders.

Guest Massive Attack

i doubt if its in the skin file, since the skin file is a resource file, mostly image files, the font color can be in an EXE or in the registry.

Guest PaSSoA

Hopefully we can get our hands on that black icons/white font version and make comparisons, even if the fonts are not editable, with the different versions either way blank or white fonts should be sufficient.

Guest Ashy87
Than just press your MainMenu, he will ask you about running unknown program, press yes, and see the result.

is it normal (and unavoidable) for this warning to come up every time after a reboot/soft reset? (1st time i access main menu)

Guest Henry_i900
is it normal (and unavoidable) for this warning to come up every time after a reboot/soft reset? (1st time i access main menu)

I have it only the first time I run it. After soft reset it doesn't come up. But I thinl if even after soft reset you need to afirm it once, it's not a problem.

Guest Henry_i900
Henry_i900 How did you get the bar to shade that way when pressed? I am having problems with it. I am trying to go black and gray. Do you know where to find the icon font color?

Icon font it's our big problem. Maybe it's possible to combine files from another skin like in fotos Ashy87, but it's a skin from ROM, I think; first we need this ROM.

About shade: it's easy:

You have Bitmaps of bar 190 (Portret) and 191 (landscape), and then pressed bars in 500-505, that you make different (but this part you did, I think).

I made the color with Fireworks, (f... I have it in French)... I'll try to explain, sorry english isn't my best language... in french it calls Outil (Pot de pinture) Dégradé, it's for full the form with color, but you chose not simple color but (with window colors) the color that go from black to white, then just make changes of this painting (you can move it and change the form), so you put it the way you want inside this bar. This outils exists in all edotors, I work with Macromedia and have it also in Flash. PainrShop sur have it.

Sorry man, explained haw it's possible at 1.30 am :wacko:

Just copy this bar and make the changes, it's easier ;)

Bitmap_h2.bmp

Bitmap_h2.zip

Guest panateo
Hi,

This is my actual launcher screen:

post-284947-1223452436_thumb.png

post-284947-1223452445_thumb.png

This is the first version, still working on it.. ;)

Hope you like it!

Cheers!

T.

Changed a little bit..

post-284947-1223459538_thumb.png post-284947-1223459542_thumb.png

:wacko:

Guest Dave UK

Hi,

Im really hoping someone may be able to help! Im currently using this THEME and was wondering how I would go about changing the background image/colour. I have asked in that thread buty received no reply.

254761150a6b7ec7e9923da13e8cea53.png7f70cc59747b52a828e29c2aa41d72a3.png

Edited by Dave UK

Guest doudouweb
Hi,

Im really hoping someone may be able to help! Im currently using this THEME and was wondering how I would go about changing the background image/colour. I have asked in that thread buty received no reply.

254761150a6b7ec7e9923da13e8cea53.png7f70cc59747b52a828e29c2aa41d72a3.png

is it a spb mobil shell theme?

if yes, try to search "spb mobil shell theme" or go to this website, there is plenty of theme fully customisable

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/

doudouweb

Guest Darius121

Can you write link to xda-developers post or instruction how to change icons in Samsung Omnia in English , I have tried to find but I couldn`t

Thanks for your help

Guest gavinfabl

Can some upload there new launcher.exe file. You will need to add it to a zip or rar file first. I have some spare time shortly, so will have a go at customising some themes and posting them.

Guest ACoolio

I have used the flatback tsk and now I want to switch back to orginal colors. When I switched back to other themes, the outlined of the icons are still in white. How do I switch everything back to normal before the change. Thanks!

Edited by ACoolio

Guest pedramgm

hey guys,

does anybody know how to change the start menu colors? because when i choose flatblack as my theme, the start menu doesnt show anymore because its all black. I saw a solution on page 1 that says I have to go to registry HKLM but I cant find it..

thanks in advance!

Guest daz306td

pedramgm its here.......

Done

On the latest roms DXHI1 & 2 it should work straight off. For older roms the start menu color may apear black on black.

To resolve this you may need to change the color of your today start menu text. That's done by editing the registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Colors. Variables 4 and 39 are the main ones, 39 being start menu color and 4 being Today item text colors. 4 should be added or changed to FF FF FF 00 (white), but you can have it whatever you want (00 00 00 00 is black).

Stu

broughs - I have values 35, 4, 42 set to FF FF FF 00 yet the home screen displays as black ?? when I apply Flatblack.tsk ? (XXHH1 ROM)

I have used the flatback tsk and now I want to switch back to orginal colors. When I switched back to other themes, the outlined of the icons are still in white. How do I switch everything back to normal before the change. Thanks!

ACoolio - guess you just have to reverse the process

Edited by daz306td

Guest panateo
can u upload your theme exe?

here it is. The file has been extracted from the I900DXHI3 ROM and then modified, but it should work with the other ROM versions too.

Launcher.exe.T1.rar

Simply replace the original "Launcher.exe.T1" file within the Windows folder (make sure to create a copy of the original one if something goes wrong..)

cheers,

T.

Edited by panateo

Guest gavinfabl

Okay here is my first attempt. I got lost a bit changing the bottom task bar, but perhaps somebody can guide me. I have uploaded my morning/lunch work, so others can use. Unrar launcher. There is a separate folder for each version of the Launcher.exe.T1.skn and the today screen jpg. As mentioned before, got to task manager and close "main menu". Using Resco File Explorer copy Launcher.exe.T1.skn to \Windows. Using the Theme applet in the Omnia (Start, Settings, Theme) choose select the jpg and other options to your liking.

The jpg's are courtesy from sector (post 149) http://www.modaco.com/content-page/273892/...-i900/page/140/

Below are the screenshots of the today and the main menu. I have only converted Portrait mode as I dont use landscape.

post-151150-1224677092_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677109_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677125_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677134_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677143_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677153_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677172_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677183_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677191_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677199_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677214_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1224677223_thumb.jpg

Launcher.rar

I've noticed that with a transparent main menu background I've been having a few problems with the graphics -

There is a faint imprint of whatever application/previous menu was on the screen (can be fixed by exiting/re-entering main menu) but it also makes having main menu shortcuts very annoying.

So I am wondering if anyone could upload their original Launcher.exe.T1.skin files as I was kind of stupid and forgot to back mine up? Or if there is a way of using any of these new sets without transparent background I would be very appreciative of it.