I have had the exact same original problem with 2 different phones.
Turn on, green light stays on for a second or two and then switches off. Both times the problem was the main ribbon cable.
Open up the phone and reconnect the main ribbon connector that runs between the two halves of the phone. Hope this helps someone!
- Simply remove battery cover
- Remove battery
- Unscrew the two screws at the bottom of phone that was under the battery cover
- Unclip the back phone casing. I used an old credit card and wedges it on the inside of the casings and ran it around unclipping all the clips.
- Unscrew the (clear) speaker assembly
- Slide the phone 3/4 open, lift the mainboard and gain access to the ribbon cable.
- Simply ease it off and clip it back on again.
I had to refit the connector around 5 times to get it right on both occasions. The pins are very fine. I found pressing the ribbon side down first helped.
Edited by Tris, 25 January 2009 - 05:37 PM.