who used I900DXHI3

Guest shaoshao

Guest Massive Attack

so i go out and took 4 pictures, the hemisphere problem of geotgging is corrected, it didnt placed me in the middle of the pacific ocean. but the coordinate is a little off, the 4 pictures i took at same spot were pinned around 3 to 4 blocks around me on different location for each picture, but hey! at least its working, maybe a few more roms and it can pinpoint me down to my bedroom ;)

Edited by Massive Attack

Hi,

Just upgraded from Voda HH1 to HI3.

Noticable changes in UI

Totally different graphical turning from portrait to landscape. More pronounce flip turn action.

Totally new scrolling program menu with alaphabet scrolling feature.

New two page Main Menu page with arrow at bottom or finger flick for page

Much improved scrolling noticable in the phonebook. Does not select the number so easily when scrolling.

From home page will go to main menu but if you leave on short cuts it will return to shortcuts next time you open.

Will keep posted as I find new features

Cheers...

Hi,

Can u pls do me a favor that tell me what will happen when u exit the Flight Mode from the Flight Mode which after soft-restart?

pls kind to refer the following link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...dxhi1-or-dxhi2/

Have Samsung fixed the Bug on I3?? pls~~~

Thank u in advance!!!

Guest totolo

Some quick tests compared to DXHI2 and DXHI1:

1 - DXHI3 seems to be as fast as DXHI2 (perhaps slightly more reactive).

2 - In Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Hardware Buttons: Now we have new sounds. For example, we can hear a sound when using the virtual keyboard.

3 - The GPS signal is seems to be more powerful. In older versions I had between 3 to 4 sats, now I have 4 to 6.

4 - finger scrolling through menus seems a bit easier.

5 - Voice command softwares does not work in Bluetooth mode.

6 - No scientific calculator. Have to install the .Cab found somewhere here.

7 - I managed to run videos from youtube in 3G and WiFi flawless, the Streaming Player didn't work with the ActiveSync connection.

8 - The recording quality is really awful with "Notes" ; even compared to DXHI2 or DXHI1.

9 - Recording sounds and voices through headphones is much better.

10 - Battery life appears to be worse than DXHI2.

Edited by totolo

Guest bobobird

update gps

fix one break one

compared to HI2 - gps fix is now almost impossible to get though the hemisphere issue is resolved.

can confirm that when it gets a fix (big when) position is about 500m

samsung surely has a whole load of crap programmers.

Guest thegoodly

with regards to battery, flashed last night, so maybe a little early to tell, but this morning 12hrs after flashing battery om 90% and that included, all the setting up after flashing. so to me seems very similar to HI1, HI2.

Guest samjuan
update gps

fix one break one

compared to HI2 - gps fix is now almost impossible to get though the hemisphere issue is resolved.

can confirm that when it gets a fix (big when) position is about 500m

samsung surely has a whole load of crap programmers.

Don't forget that these are not released "officially" by Samsung, I think these are just testing ROMs internally or to whoever wants to fix something, official releases should be from there websites.

I think its only fair it they release something on there website, then we can judge them! ;)

Guest Motofone
Hi,

Can u pls do me a favor that tell me what will happen when u exit the Flight Mode from the Flight Mode which after soft-restart?

pls kind to refer the following link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...dxhi1-or-dxhi2/

Have Samsung fixed the Bug on I3?? pls~~~

Thank u in advance!!!

Hi,

Just tried....switch on flight mode...soft reset..reset flight mode off...phone returns to sim pin log in....and logged in ok.

So appears all is working well.....

Guest Massive Attack
Don't forget that these are not released "officially" by Samsung, I think these are just testing ROMs internally or to whoever wants to fix something, official releases should be from there websites.

I think its only fair it they release something on there website, then we can judge them! ;)

yes, but the point is how many release will it take to fix it? the HI2 had hemisphere problem and accurate location, then HI3 solved hemisphere, but the accuracy is around 500 meters in every direction.

it seems their software is not undergoing integration testing and system testing, this testing make sure that the fix you did will not break other part of the system.

Guest Andy Q

Samsung released the DZHH3 ROM officially on their website and the battery life sucks...

Guest thegoodly

any one else using HI3 got issues playing video at full screen in touch player or wmp??? play fine on small screen, but when you double tap to go to full screen, the screen goes black but you can still hear the sound, very odd.

also is it possible down grade the rom to HI2???

cheers col

ok sorted kind of.. seems there was to many apps running when checked task manager, seems fine now when using touch player, but still have an issue with wmp. not that i really use wmp but its just bugging me that it was fine before HI3.

also my battery dosent seem quite as good now! maybe its because ive been fideling with settings etc, so will have full test after next charge under normal usage.

Edited by thegoodly

Guest totolo

@Massive attack

Can you do this please:

- XTRA -> Enable / Auto Download -> Enable

- Run The Omnia's Camera for about 3 to 4 minutes without taking pitures (to let the camera get accurate coords before taking pictures)

- Take 3/4 pictures.

- Check if the coords are more accurate.

I think that the problem with the camera is that we don't have any info about how much sats we have and how accurate we are in camera mode. It must take some time to the camera to get accurate coords. I have a precision of about 10 to 20m at my window. This is not so good but for my needs it's suffisant the geotags.

@all

I went from 100% to 90% in about 8 hours without using the phone. Can you test the recording quality with Notes?

@thegoodly

I played a 700 MB Divx flawless. Be careful about the divx quality/Omnia cpu power. If you try to play a 2500/3000 kBit/s Divx with the Omnia you should get some nasty freezes. This is not a computer, you can't have the same horse power with the Omnia. With 700/1000 kBit/s Divx, you shouldn't have problems at least if your Divx are correctly encoded.

Edited by totolo

Guest samjuan
Samsung released the DZHH3 ROM officially on their website and the battery life sucks...

well... coming from the GSM mobile industry, I like to give these guys time... not very long, but the device is still in its early stages and it was rushed in the market for reasons we all know... "hachiphoneooo"... bless me! ;)

Guest totolo
I have a precision of about 10 to 20m at my window.

I would say about 30 to 50m +-. But I have tested it in a small street at my window. Maybe I can get some more accurate data in a better place.

Edited by totolo

Guest jjwoo_uk

Hi, how did you flash this ROM update? Did you just run i900DXHI3.exe from the 3part zip extract or use Grandprix?

Edited by jjwoo_uk

Guest samjuan
Hi, how did you flash this ROM update? Did you just run i900DXHI3.exe from the 3part zip extract or use Grandprix?

That is a very good question! :wacko: no offense though... ;)

Guest Massive Attack
@Massive attack

Can you do this please:

- XTRA -> Enable / Auto Download -> Enable

- Run The Omnia's Camera for about 3 to 4 minutes without taking pitures (to let the camera get accurate coords before taking pictures)

- Take 3/4 pictures.

- Check if the coords are more accurate.

I think that the problem with the camera is that we don't have any info about how much sats we have and how accurate we are in camera mode. It must take some time to the camera to get accurate coords. I have a precision of about 10 to 20m at my window. This is not so good but for my needs it's suffisant the geotags.

ok, i get what you mean, maybe its just that some map program like garmin know how to compute the coordinate, and the camera just use the raw coordinate is they come.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
i'm still running on i900DXHG4 but haven't found any problems.. will the switch to HI3 be significant?

Some of the noticeable changes from HG to HH have been noted here. If the changes are not that significant to you and you're not having problems then stick w/ HG4 for a while ;)