TouchFlo 3D VGA beta on Omnia

Guest speleomaniac

Guest speleomaniac

HTC TouchFlo 3D VGA on Omnia:

performance sucks (4 FPS). i used Vincent ES 1.1 software GLES implementation and hacked it a bit, so that the vga resolution (480x640) scales to Omnias resolution (240x400) and the mouse events are handled correctly.

seems it doesn't run as a today screen on omnia, at least i couldn't get it running. but after installing the cab file TouchFlo can be run and used by clicking manila.exe from the installation directory in file explorer. (\Program Files\Manila\Manila.exe)

use/try at your own risk. the attached manila is beta software, and it's not proposed to run on an omnia device.

the htcemu dll's and libgles_cm must be copied into \Windows directory, or the app won't work.

manila crashes when trying to enter menu, so you're limited to play around with the main interface only.

i recommend removing the Manila checkbox from today items screen so it doesnt gets loaded after a soft-reset.

HTCEmu_0.3___libgles_vga_2_omnia.zip

manila.1.0.0103.0.release.cab

Guest PaSSoA

According to this thread, they managed to run it on a Polaris. There's a

link too, and it runs pretty well. I think someone in this thread is trying to get the hardware 3D drivers to work, hopefully they'll use the Omnia drivers, then we won't have too much of a problem... I hope... ;) Edited by PaSSoA

Guest pdaphonemaster

Hi,

I don't get the whole idea of emulating touch phon'e UI.

Granted, that the HTC's UI looks fancy, etc. but why would you try to emulate it on Omnia? Shouldn't you have gotten HTC in the first place if this was important?

IMHO samsung's UI is accetable and using SPB's mobile shell with the skin accessories makes Omnia one very goodl looking phone.

Hi,

I don't get the whole idea of emulating touch phon'e UI.

Granted, that the HTC's UI looks fancy, etc. but why would you try to emulate it on Omnia? Shouldn't you have gotten HTC in the first place if this was important?

IMHO samsung's UI is accetable and using SPB's mobile shell with the skin accessories makes Omnia one very goodl looking phone.

Well not really.....by installing TouchFlo on the Omnia we're combining HTC's superior interface (the Samsung widget home screen I found to be useless) and the superb hardware of the Omnia. Best of both worlds.

SPB Mobile Shell is good but I found it limited and a bit too menu driven - plus is isn't a true today screen replacement, simply an app that runs over the top of today. TouchFlo 3D would be fantastic but I doubt it will happen - Manila 2D is hungry enough for Storage space as it is. Each to their own I suppose but I find Manila far more usable (and yes...flash) than Mobile Shell. :lol:

Guest testerr
IMHO samsung's UI is accetable

IMHO Samsung's Widgets are a useless - it looks like some UI form 80's of past century.

I have instantly switch to Samsung Today 2, but I'm not satisfied with it too.

Guest pdaphonemaster
IMHO Samsung's Widgets are a useless - it looks like some UI form 80's of past century.

I have instantly switch to Samsung Today 2, but I'm not satisfied with it too.

I agree that widget is not really useful. But it looks cool!

I am using Samsung today 2 which is more functional but does not look as nice.

I use Spb mobile shell with skin enhancement which increases the usable button in the program tab from 6 to 9 and these skins look nice.

Guest Akshay_LP

Anyone tried the UPDATE 7 which is downscaled to QVGA already? I think ripping the HTC Touch HD WVGA and downscaling it in to WQVGA will be far more appropriate for the omnia. And whats with the no hardware support thing people are telling about the omnia?

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

@Akshay_LP: Well, Omnia has no discreet graphics accelerator inside, so it's normal that 3D doesn't run so smooth, like as in Diamond or so. That's what it is :lol:

(I own an omnia now, and used touch home in the past with the hp 6815. I'm much better with Samsung Today 2. It's not very flashy, yes, but it's useful for me. With the samsung "main menu" it's good, if not perfect.)

Guest romipoison
Anyone tried the UPDATE 7 which is downscaled to QVGA already? I think ripping the HTC Touch HD WVGA and downscaling it in to WQVGA will be far more appropriate for the omnia. And whats with the no hardware support thing people are telling about the omnia?

there is a new update 11...maybe it will work...

Guest Yunabeco

The HTC devices using TouchFlo have 3D hardware. Think of it as a kind of graphics card. The Omnia only uses its CPU.

...or so I think. I'm not exactly versed in the Omnia hardware, so if someone can correct me, please do so.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Barthlon
Bump! Any updates on this?

only that there is someone on xda that is claiming (ofcourse i believe him, but until now noone has shown screenshots) to have made his own interface that acts and looks like touchflo 3d. he says he made it completely from scratch and that it will be fully customisable. check it out, i would say B)

• 1 month later...
Guest Omnia_1

Any more news on whether this can run better in Omnia? I have a Diamond running Manila HD and tf3d its nice UI and if it helps I can post any original files needed, I would also be willing to donate to such a project.

• 1 month later...
Guest jamesjames_

Well, too bad that noone is interested in this anymore. I guess it's just impossible, which is sad :s. I really hoped we would be able to run the real TF3D some day on Omnia.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...