How you are doing? Everything well? B)

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 (8GB)
Yes, pretty well .. I'm changing house and not so much time to code. Sorry for not answering. Hope to work this night to some improvement I have in mind.

OmniaTMC Beta 1 has been released ... take a look here
If you like this project and want to support its development, please donate

nok6280a

nok6280a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:i900

Yes, pretty well .. I'm changing house and not so much time to code. Sorry for not answering. Hope to work this night to some improvement I have in mind.

He BeamRider,

I wish you all the luck... B)

nok6280a

nok6280a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

BeamRider, I was wondering how your tmc project is going.

Imationation

Imationation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
me too B)

I'm eager to try it out B)

Imationation

Imationation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
Hey Beamrider, how's the housemoving going?

You had any chance to pick up some spare time to work on this tmc thingy?

Edited by Imationation, 09 December 2008 - 10:14 AM.

Bouvrie

Bouvrie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:HTC 3300
heh I also stumbled upon this project, was already initially thinking why the Omnia would support RDS, but have an intrinsic non-support for TMC. Finding this thread has increased my suspicion that this one day will be possible on the Omnia. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I'm loving the tech progress so far already! B)

paullong

paullong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi BeamRider,

I think I'm checking this forum twice daily! I haven't been as excited about the possibility of a piece of work for ages.

So, no news for a while. Can you just drop a line to let us know where you are with this?

I realise that we're mostly expecting you to do the work (except a few - thanks balles!), so it must seem like we're pushing very hard, but for me, it's only because you seem so close, and the benefit will be big.

Cheers for you work so far!

Paul

cR@5h0v3r

cR@5h0v3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SGH-I 900 OMNIA
Hi,

any news about the driver?

qwertztmc

qwertztmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
1st Happy New Year! @all

Are there any news about the tmc drivers for omnia?

It is a shame that there are no original drivers from samsung. And that I think it is great that somebody uses his sparetime to solve the problem.

So BeamRider if you could send us a sign of life or tell us how your project is going - would be cool!

Best Regards

qwertz

PS: As you might have noticed I am not a native speaker:-) Sorry for my bad English

Edited by qwertztmc, 02 January 2009 - 06:53 PM.

robertut

robertut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Any news on the TMC project?

ziggy55

ziggy55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
This is a fantastic project, please can we have some info on ur progress.
keep up the good work Beamrider

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
Referring back to post 5 on page 1.

I read somewhere that TMC DOES work on the Omnia using iGo 8.0.5400 version only.

This is what the guy said in various posts

- Samsung Omnia uses the SiliconLab TMC. (yes, iGo does detect this chip)
- TMC works good on my Omnia with iGO8.0.5400 (in later iGo versions this detection is removed).
- TMC service must be available in your country, then you can automatically tune radio stations frequencies that have this kind of transmission.

So question being reasked - can some one here who has free TMC service in their country (a few West Euro countries do), please test this and confirm one way or other ? I can make available a working evaluation copy of the iGo version for test purposes.

I know what BeamRider has said about this but since someone say he has it working maybe it should be checked out. My country does not have such service otherwise would have done it myself.

Thanks

Edited by bobobird, 28 January 2009 - 08:04 PM.

sztupy

sztupy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i900; HTC Touch Pro

I read somewhere that TMC DOES work on the Omnia using iGo 8.0.5400 version only.

- TMC works good on my Omnia with iGO8.0.5400 (in later iGo versions this detection is removed).
- TMC service must be available in your country, then you can automatically tune radio stations frequencies that have this kind of transmission.

So question being reasked - can some one here who has free TMC service in their country (a few West Euro countries do), please test this and confirm one way or other ? I can make available a working evaluation copy of the iGo version for test purposes.

Thanks

In theory my iGO has TMC licence, it does detect the TMC receiver (don't know which version, because I have updated it via naviextras, but it's still the 8.0.x branch), but it stays at 0Mhz, and it can't be changed although there is free TMC service in my country.

ziggy55

ziggy55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Thanks

Yes Please

Geronymous

Geronymous

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100

Thanks

Same here as previous poster... I do have version 8.0.0.54000, and after plugging in the headphones and going to the TMC settings, it was able to detect some hardware after a while (don't know exactly which one). Then it detected a port, and moved to the TMC Station Settings (how to get back to the TMC hardware configuration?). Somewhere in the process it asked for permission to install a DLL.

So far so good... but then the MHz stay at 0.0, with or without using Auto-tuner... I know that here in the Netherlands there are many TMC stations, as I see them on the radio in my car... :) :D :)

bobobird... can you point us at the postings you found from the guy who has it working apparently?

abu123

abu123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA
I assume the protocol is Samsung
what is the port and braud rate?

I'm in UK

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
Protocol is SiliconLab and it will attach to the same com port as the GPS.

Though I dont have tmc service here, igo 8.0.54... will detect the tmc and then stay at 0.0 which is expected.

Geronymous - check your pm in a few minutes.

sztupy and others - so I guess we should assume the guy simply just detected it like we did but has not actually used it. Some people on the net tend to exaggerate so could be that.

Edit : just checked back to where I read this - just a few posts earlier to the "its working" same guy was saying "it wasnt working and asking for help" - guess he was just passing on what little he know.

Lets close this then and wait for BeamRider

Edited by bobobird, 28 January 2009 - 08:23 PM.

Geronymous

Geronymous

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100

Protocol is SiliconLab and it will attach to the same com port as the GPS.

Though I dont have tmc service here, igo 8.0.54... will detect the tmc and then stay at 0.0 which is expected.

Geronymous - check your pm in a few minutes.

sztupy and others - so I guess we should assume the guy simply just detected it like we did but has not actually used it. Some people on the net tend to exaggerate so could be that.

Edit : just checked back to where I read this - just a few posts earlier to the "its working" same guy was saying "it wasnt working and asking for help" - guess he was just passing on what little he know.

Lets close this then and wait for BeamRider

Ok... :) :D :)

EDIT: even though... maybe the guy was asking for help because he lost the TMC functionality when he upgraded from 8.0.0 to 8.3.1 or 8.3.2???

Edited by Geronymous, 28 January 2009 - 10:26 PM.

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Ok... :) :D :)

EDIT: even though... maybe the guy was asking for help because he lost the TMC functionality when he upgraded from 8.0.0 to 8.3.1 or 8.3.2???

good point.... will see if i can get hold of him again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users