TMC

Guest osuijk

Guest BeamRider
Just realized that I also have an account in MoDaCo for long time...

Dean123, in xda developers forum, we are doing same thing for HTC devices such as HTC Diamond, Touch Pro etc.

Good job BeamRider! And thanks for you help on xda.

Dean123's post make me thinking, if we define a unified FM-RDS interface for windows mobile, we can reuse a generic TMC driver.

What you are doing is exact same as beemerTPPC now. Why should we waste of time doing same thing?

Wouldn't be nice you work on RoyalTek and beemerTPPC work on OpenTMC?

This 2 layers design will simplify supporting new devices other than Samsung Omnia and HTC, and also provide more solutions on different TMC protocols and various FM RDS TMC applications.

It is pity that Microsoft doesn't define FM radio interface. So we can define one!

attachment.php?attachmentid=179287&stc=1&d=1240443443

click here if cannot see above image

What do you think BeamRider?

I have published the API for HTC on the thread in xda-developers.

Can you share interface for Omnia? then we can summary common functionality and provide an generic API.

Ideally it will be a pure C interface so it is possbile to port to .net framework.

Sounds a very good project to me ... I was just writing to you when I noticed this post and I had a lokk at the API. Very interesting.

I have a very basic interface (means incomplete) to Omnia just because I focuse more to TMC than to interfacing to the hardware.

The very bad think regarding Omnia is the Samusng is not providing any way to access to RDS via the device hardware driver. I implemented my own so, if you want to implement the adapter, you just need to use "my" driver instead of Samsung's.

What I can provide to you is either:

• a list of IOCTLs I discovered (I haven't completely investigated their behaviour)
  • a very very very basic C++ class that wraps some of the IOCTL calls to perform operations like powering/tuning/seeking and RDS access (if using my driver).

My project has a layered TMC protocol implementation too, not sofisticated as yours but sufficient enough to be switchable and to provide a single serial port.

Actually I'm very focused on OmniaTMC but I would like to help you more.

Contact me via email or PM and we can start talking about how can I help your project.

Guest leelou

If we've got Igo8 and Omnia_TMC closed (but 2 buttons activatated...), the program is draining batery?

When we don't use the TMC, must do something?

Thanks! Great program!

Guest illusion786
Sounds a very good project to me ... I was just writing to you when I noticed this post and I had a lokk at the API. Very interesting.

I have a very basic interface (means incomplete) to Omnia just because I focuse more to TMC than to interfacing to the hardware.

The very bad think regarding Omnia is the Samusng is not providing any way to access to RDS via the device hardware driver. I implemented my own so, if you want to implement the adapter, you just need to use "my" driver instead of Samsung's.

What I can provide to you is either:

• a list of IOCTLs I discovered (I haven't completely investigated their behaviour)
  • a very very very basic C++ class that wraps some of the IOCTL calls to perform operations like powering/tuning/seeking and RDS access (if using my driver).

My project has a layered TMC protocol implementation too, not sofisticated as yours but sufficient enough to be switchable and to provide a single serial port.

Actually I'm very focused on OmniaTMC but I would like to help you more.

Contact me via email or PM and we can start talking about how can I help your project.

I really hope, if you guys work together to keep this project as a freeware and not take it to the commercial route after its made.

• 1 month later...
Guest lostunsunghero

hi,

just stumbled across to see how this thread was doing but noticed it died about a month ago. whats going on last i read there was going to be a beta version "soon"?

anyway beamrider if youre reading great work and hope to see the beta soon, i was also wondering if you had any insight into the question i posed earlier in the thread abotu charging the phone whislt using the tmc, is there any hardware that allows you to use the headphones (tmc/fm reciever) and have a charger going into the phone because obviously you cant plug both into the same socket.

thanks

Guest Boruszka
hi,

just stumbled across to see how this thread was doing but noticed it died about a month ago. whats going on last i read there was going to be a beta version "soon"?

anyway beamrider if youre reading great work and hope to see the beta soon, i was also wondering if you had any insight into the question i posed earlier in the thread abotu charging the phone whislt using the tmc, is there any hardware that allows you to use the headphones (tmc/fm reciever) and have a charger going into the phone because obviously you cant plug both into the same socket.

thanks

Hi.

In fact the beta is working great.

Go to next link:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...mniatmc-beta-2/

Good luck

• 3 years later...
Guest DrIngVa

could not get any station, autoscan/manual scan does not work. (igo)

found a station on omniatmc.

stuck on channel 87.5 no tmc signal. (igo)

any suggestions?