155 replies to this topic

DAlma

DAlma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Hi,

any updates on that great project so far?

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 (8GB)
Yes, preparing to going to public beta :excl:

We had 3 drops on the alpha testing (the last one released yesterday) and, since the second one, the whole thing is working on testers mobiles without significant issues. The last drop improved performance, protocol handling and has a semi-automatic installation (cab + configuration tool).
I planned another alpha just to reserve some time in case of malfunctions and to revise the included document before the public release.

Hopefully I will get all green lights from testers and you could expect to see it by the end of next week . Not promising, but since nobody is chasing me with a frozen mobile ... :excl:

I would like to create a video to show how is working, any advice on how to record it?

OmniaTMC Beta 1 has been released ... take a look here
If you like this project and want to support its development, please donate

DAlma

DAlma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Yes, preparing to going to public beta :excl:

We had 3 drops on the alpha testing (the last one released yesterday) and, since the second one, the whole thing is working on testers mobiles without significant issues. The last drop improved performance, protocol handling and has a semi-automatic installation (cab + configuration tool).
I planned another alpha just to reserve some time in case of malfunctions and to revise the included document before the public release.

Hopefully I will get all green lights from testers and you could expect to see it by the end of next week . Not promising, but since nobody is chasing me with a frozen mobile ... :excl:

I would like to create a video to show how is working, any advice on how to record it?

Great news!!! respect....Have you already thought about be donated? I think you should offer us the possibility to honor your great work. I am looking forward to the public beta :-)

brainy85

brainy85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
great work so far !
You can use "mymobile" http:/xxx.mtux.com/ for record the video how it works!

cheoppy

cheoppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SGS2
Hello,

Are there any news on the public beta? Or maybe on a private beta? I might be willing to test even the alpha version, if I don't have to hard reset my phone, because now I don't have time to reinstall all the programs to it.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Hello,

Are there any news on the public beta? Or maybe on a private beta? I might be willing to test even the alpha version, if I don't have to hard reset my phone, because now I don't have time to reinstall all the programs to it.

I'm just testing the latest build that should become the public beta during this weekend. You don't have to hard reset the device unless you will encounter severe booting problems, but don't worry: nobody has experiened such a problem since the alpha testing started.

In any case (and a very good practice) you don't have to reinstall all: just perform a device backup before installing the package by using SPB backup or similar solutions (leave the backup file on "My Storage"). If you need to hard reset, you can restore your mobile in a minute.

Good news also for italian users: the letest iGo version (8.3.2.xxxx) decodes RTL102.5 TMC. After some days of usage, I found RTL TMC far better than RAI's.

cheoppy

cheoppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SGS2

I'm just testing the latest build that should become the public beta during this weekend. You don't have to hard reset the device unless you will encounter severe booting problems, but don't worry: nobody has experiened such a problem since the alpha testing started.

In any case (and a very good practice) you don't have to reinstall all: just perform a device backup before installing the package by using SPB backup or similar solutions (leave the backup file on "My Storage"). If you need to hard reset, you can restore your mobile in a minute.

Good news also for italian users: the letest iGo version (8.3.2.xxxx) decodes RTL102.5 TMC. After some days of usage, I found RTL TMC far better than RAI's.

I can hardly wait to try it in the everyday travels. :excl:

marco007

marco007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Uao... looks really great... I am planning to install the new official rom in my phone so... no mind for a possible hard reset while I will have to do another one.

Good work

Dean123

Dean123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I assume you're tapping into a i900 specific driver/api? So there's no possibility of this working on another device with FM radio. So, I'm wondering if it would be particularly hard to port your program/drivers to other devices. I'm assuming that most of the hard work will be done already, it's just a case of find the correct hooks.

flywhc

flywhc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just realized that I also have an account in MoDaCo for long time...

Dean123, in xda developers forum, we are doing same thing for HTC devices such as HTC Diamond, Touch Pro etc.

Good job BeamRider! And thanks for you help on xda.
Dean123's post make me thinking, if we define a unified FM-RDS interface for windows mobile, we can reuse a generic TMC driver.
What you are doing is exact same as beemerTPPC now. Why should we waste of time doing same thing?
Wouldn't be nice you work on RoyalTek and beemerTPPC work on OpenTMC?
This 2 layers design will simplify supporting new devices other than Samsung Omnia and HTC, and also provide more solutions on different TMC protocols and various FM RDS TMC applications.
It is pity that Microsoft doesn't define FM radio interface. So we can define one!

http://forum.xda-dev...=1&d=1240443443
click here if cannot see above image

What do you think BeamRider?
I have published the API for HTC on the thread in xda-developers.
Can you share interface for Omnia? then we can summary common functionality and provide an generic API.
Ideally it will be a pure C interface so it is possbile to port to .net framework.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Just realized that I also have an account in MoDaCo for long time...

Dean123, in xda developers forum, we are doing same thing for HTC devices such as HTC Diamond, Touch Pro etc.

Good job BeamRider! And thanks for you help on xda.
Dean123's post make me thinking, if we define a unified FM-RDS interface for windows mobile, we can reuse a generic TMC driver.
What you are doing is exact same as beemerTPPC now. Why should we waste of time doing same thing?
Wouldn't be nice you work on RoyalTek and beemerTPPC work on OpenTMC?
This 2 layers design will simplify supporting new devices other than Samsung Omnia and HTC, and also provide more solutions on different TMC protocols and various FM RDS TMC applications.
It is pity that Microsoft doesn't define FM radio interface. So we can define one!

http://forum.xda-dev...=1&d=1240443443
click here if cannot see above image

What do you think BeamRider?
I have published the API for HTC on the thread in xda-developers.
Can you share interface for Omnia? then we can summary common functionality and provide an generic API.
Ideally it will be a pure C interface so it is possbile to port to .net framework.

Sounds a very good project to me ... I was just writing to you when I noticed this post and I had a lokk at the API. Very interesting.

I have a very basic interface (means incomplete) to Omnia just because I focuse more to TMC than to interfacing to the hardware.

The very bad think regarding Omnia is the Samusng is not providing any way to access to RDS via the device hardware driver. I implemented my own so, if you want to implement the adapter, you just need to use "my" driver instead of Samsung's.

What I can provide to you is either:
  • a list of IOCTLs I discovered (I haven't completely investigated their behaviour)
  • a very very very basic C++ class that wraps some of the IOCTL calls to perform operations like powering/tuning/seeking and RDS access (if using my driver).
My project has a layered TMC protocol implementation too, not sofisticated as yours but sufficient enough to be switchable and to provide a single serial port.

Actually I'm very focused on OmniaTMC but I would like to help you more.
Contact me via email or PM and we can start talking about how can I help your project.

leelou

leelou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II
If we've got Igo8 and Omnia_TMC closed (but 2 buttons activatated...), the program is draining batery?
When we don't use the TMC, must do something?

Thanks! Great program!

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Devices:Omnia - HTC Artemis & Wizard

Sounds a very good project to me ... I was just writing to you when I noticed this post and I had a lokk at the API. Very interesting.

I have a very basic interface (means incomplete) to Omnia just because I focuse more to TMC than to interfacing to the hardware.

The very bad think regarding Omnia is the Samusng is not providing any way to access to RDS via the device hardware driver. I implemented my own so, if you want to implement the adapter, you just need to use "my" driver instead of Samsung's.

What I can provide to you is either:

• a list of IOCTLs I discovered (I haven't completely investigated their behaviour)
  • a very very very basic C++ class that wraps some of the IOCTL calls to perform operations like powering/tuning/seeking and RDS access (if using my driver).
My project has a layered TMC protocol implementation too, not sofisticated as yours but sufficient enough to be switchable and to provide a single serial port.

Actually I'm very focused on OmniaTMC but I would like to help you more.
Contact me via email or PM and we can start talking about how can I help your project.

I really hope, if you guys work together to keep this project as a freeware and not take it to the commercial route after its made.

lostunsunghero

lostunsunghero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend (Rooted)
hi,

just stumbled across to see how this thread was doing but noticed it died about a month ago. whats going on last i read there was going to be a beta version "soon"?

anyway beamrider if youre reading great work and hope to see the beta soon, i was also wondering if you had any insight into the question i posed earlier in the thread abotu charging the phone whislt using the tmc, is there any hardware that allows you to use the headphones (tmc/fm reciever) and have a charger going into the phone because obviously you cant plug both into the same socket.

thanks

Boruszka

Boruszka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

hi,

just stumbled across to see how this thread was doing but noticed it died about a month ago. whats going on last i read there was going to be a beta version "soon"?

anyway beamrider if youre reading great work and hope to see the beta soon, i was also wondering if you had any insight into the question i posed earlier in the thread abotu charging the phone whislt using the tmc, is there any hardware that allows you to use the headphones (tmc/fm reciever) and have a charger going into the phone because obviously you cant plug both into the same socket.

thanks

Hi.

In fact the beta is working great.
Go to next link:

http://www.modaco.co...mniatmc-beta-2/

Good luck

DrIngVa

DrIngVa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
could not get any station, autoscan/manual scan does not work. (igo)
found a station on omniatmc.
stuck on channel 87.5 no tmc signal. (igo)
any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users