The official Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gibson99

Hi Paul, new here, but been reading this forum a while now and its narrowing down my choice of next phone nicely! I still have my O2 XDA mini S, and as much as I like it, I fancy an upgrade. I use the keyboard a lot for texting, though not emailing, and like the organiser functions of Win Mo. I am trying to decide between the HTC Touch Pro, or the Xperia. Knowing that you have used both, which do you think is better and why?

I am not really a "power user", but like the option of having the internet out and about if required, and GPS once in a blue moon. However, I'm pretty sure I could not have a non-keyboard device, as I tried the omnia keyboard and just could not hapilly input text quickly/accurately.

I may listen to some music, and wonder if a large number of music files (eg 5 GB) would slow down either of the phones, esp as I have read reports of this happening on the omnia and Touch Pro.

any feedback from Paul and others to narrow down my choices would be much appreciated! :lol:

Hi, been following this thread with great interest. Seeing as you are a great fan of the Omnia how does it compare to the X1? I know that the screen is sharper on the X1 and the build quality is spot on. But how does it compare as a smart phone?

As a N95 user I use the Wi-Fi to steam Mobi-tubia and to browse the internet. I use the camera a lot and find the quality great. My biggest disappointment is the GPS, which is sometimes very slow to lock on even when using A-GPS. <_<

So, at present I’m looking to move to an Omnia or face the continuing wait for the X1. So how do they stack up against each other? Cheers. :lol:

Hi Paul

1, Does it support ALS? Line 1 / Line 2 for old school orange users...

2, can you ensure calls come in and out correctly on both numbers. 9 tytn II can call out on Line 2..but dead tone on incoming..)

3, tomtom 6 / 7? any chance of checking location fix times? res... display...

4. when does the Touch HD release?

Thanks.

4. when does the Touch HD release?

Thanks.

Touch HD is officially released on 6th November. I didn't realise that it was so close so now it has made me think!!! As to when it hits stores and/or carriers I am not sure but certainly I have found with HTC devices they tend to get them out quick - unlike SE!!!!

Choices, choices - was against the Touch HD due to size until I saw it put next to a Diamond and now it has really made me wonder - aaaarrrggghhhh!

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Hi there. Is the picture quality on the X1 comparable with the Samsung Omnia? Also, how does it do on direct sunlight? Have you experienced any hanging issues or lags? Thanks.

Guest jahd5000

Well, Paul, i didnt see this Thread so i asked in the review one, but here it is:

Hey Paul!! i wanted to ask you for you opinion.

Im considering both OMNIA and XPERIA... I kind of like more de Xperia (Keyboard, resolution, stylish XD) and somehow i like more SE than Samsung since always... but heres the thing

im very used to Symbian OS and i really liked the fact that there were plenty of apps and games and emulators and so on, and they most were compatible.

Now, with WinMo 6 Thats not exactly the same situation. Yes, there are a lot of apps oyut there. But also a lot of compatibility problems:

* Resolution

* WinMO version

* WinMo rom (?)

* Proessor Speed

* More....

I cant tell, anyways, since i have no experience with windows mobile at all. So in that sense, which phone do you think is better for me specially if a like a lot games and apps in my mobile. Hardware-wise im just in love with the Xperia. But i kind of dislike the idea of having it hthere hanging with no more to do than call and browse and multimedia. I think you know what i mean.

And if there is any link or info you could give me to start my life in WinMo (XD) to get to understand basics and where to get apps, that would be just awesome.

Btw, sorry to ask you so much,....

Also, i saw that ThouchFlo 3D runing on X1... is it really that good, imean, why would i want the HTC thing on my X1, does it improve the touchscreen functions or what?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.