63 replies to this topic

Scooteroo

Scooteroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Xperia
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! B)

Complete newbie here (and I ain't just talking phones!) I've just installed a RER extractor and downloaded the files (eg. Flash_Lite) but I'm COMPLETELY GOING OUTTA MY SKULL trying to figure out how to activate them! I'm sure I'm overlooking something REALLY simple here but PLEASE HELP!

My X! connects up to Windows Mobile Device Center, I download the RAR file - THEN WHAT DO I DO?! Please, direct me with baby steps here ...

Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Scooter

captylor

captylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You should see a file with .cab extension inside the RAR archive. Extract that file out and then copy it over to your device via Activesync. Then using File Explorer on the device, navigate to the folder where you put the CAB file in. Tap on it and the installation process will start.

kuztardd

kuztardd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:k8001
ignore me.. sorry, link now working

Edited by kuztardd, 07 December 2008 - 10:56 PM.

yoshin

yoshin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1a
Ok guys i'm completely new to both WinMo and this forum. I just got rid of my Nokia E71 for an Xperia and have trouble installing flash on the device. Can someone point me in the right direcetion on learning how to install cab files period? The only experiance i have is using Handango, and that was autonatic once i synced my Xperia with the computer. Also how does this copying to phone thing works? I read a couple threads back about downloading file, extracting it, and copying it to phone. A thread containing step by step procedures on installing software manually (unlike automatic Handango) would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

stanthebiker

stanthebiker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (SEX1)

Ok guys i'm completely new to both WinMo and this forum. I just got rid of my Nokia E71 for an Xperia and have trouble installing flash on the device. Can someone point me in the right direcetion on learning how to install cab files period? The only experiance i have is using Handango, and that was autonatic once i synced my Xperia with the computer. Also how does this copying to phone thing works? I read a couple threads back about downloading file, extracting it, and copying it to phone. A thread containing step by step procedures on installing software manually (unlike automatic Handango) would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Yoshin,

Briefly, you extract the .CAB file if necessary, copy it to your phone using Activesync, then find and run the .CAB file on you phone using File Explorer or some other file manager of your choice. That will install whatever app/game the .CAB file is for.

If you need more help than that, just ask.

Broga

Broga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I am a new user on this forum and i have a X1.
I'm coming from the netherlands and want to install flash, I have windows mobile 6.1 with opere 9.5.
It does not seems to work when i install it on my device.
Is there anyone who is able to help me? :rolleyes:

With kind regards,

Leon?

Hi there,
First of all; Thanks for the list!!! Was looking for a way to get flash to work but stumbled onto other usefull things here. the enlarged start menu worked superb!

Regarding the flash installation, I get stuck here and do not get it to work. Anyone who have got it working, could you please give a URL to a site that has flash content that works on your X1? What I did was to download the .cab to the X1 install it. It shows up under applications that I can uninstall as well. But there is no plugin-folder in the Opera 9.5 folder created and thus now content there. Should it not be so?

Thanks for any advices!
Stefan

jhoffa

jhoffa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:X1a
Hi Paul,

Great post! Just curious, is there any advantage to using the SKTsync program over the built-in windows mobile "Automatic change time zone and clock" in phone settings?

RampantRhino

RampantRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Blackjack II
Nice list there Paul, thanks.

I, in return, have asked Santa to be particularly kind to you this year :rolleyes:

XperiaR

XperiaR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Nice list there Paul, thanks.

I, in return, have asked Santa to be particularly kind to you this year :)

Do I have to use ActiveSync?
I don't own a PC, I only have an apple laptop?!?! :rolleyes:

Gorskar

Gorskar

Pyromaniac

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
If using an Apple Mac with a Windows mobile smartphone then its well worth investing in either sync mate or Missing Sync

Sync Mate has a free (less functional) version, so best to try that first!

Not sure if you can browse the device if its connected without one of these programs ( I don't have a mac). If not then you can always copy cab files to the device over bluetooth if your laptop has that built in I would assume...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
James.
Current Device: HTC Desire (2.2)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

jorem

jorem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:i600
Thanks for the coool links and cab's :rolleyes:
All saved and will try them later on

kudo's

here is my contribution

This one works great:
MY MOBILER - FREEWARE

* View your mobile screen on your desktop.
* Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.
* Copy/Cut/Paste text between mobile and desktop.
* Capture mobile screen.
* Drag and drop files to your mobile.
* Support ActiveSync / IP Connection
* Support Mobile Explorer (File Browse)
http://www.mymobiler.com/

http://financemanila...apps-and-games/

Edited by jorem, 04 January 2009 - 12:43 AM.

gravedohl

gravedohl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:X1
thanks Paul, nice thread, just got it, so enough to try :rolleyes:

zyexx

zyexx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1
Thanks Paul...great post

jorge999

jorge999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yoshin,

Briefly, you extract the .CAB file if necessary, copy it to your phone using Activesync, then find and run the .CAB file on you phone using File Explorer or some other file manager of your choice. That will install whatever app/game the .CAB file is for.

If you need more help than that, just ask.

I am having trouble installing some of these cabs and especially the one I was really after - the Diamond keyboard. I get the error message 'The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permission'

Anyone help please? I have searched the forums and tried some of the suggested methods but not one has worked for me so far. Can anyone suggest a foolproof way of unlocking the system permissions?

Edited by jorge999, 03 February 2009 - 05:39 PM.

Thor_victor

Thor_victor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Sonyericsson Xperia
To the noobs or the "New people", its ok if you ask something dumb, but PLEASE please read the whole thread before ask, 90% of the times your question has been asked few post away, thanks.

PD Im new to this forum too, and new to Xperia, great site thanks alot!

johanvanzyl_tiny

johanvanzyl_tiny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I have a very disappointing problem – especially after feeling like you have just received the ultimate device! – I have installed a few SE panels as well as the HTC Keyboard and TF3D (TF3D_HD.CAB).

Now when I press the X Panel key, it have a tendency to hang to the extent that the power button does not switch off the phone – I have to remove the battery – and then learned about the soft reset!

Can anyone give me advice and tell me why this is happening and what I can do?

devilsblood

devilsblood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
A while ago u had a nice little tool where i could turn off a message that would appear once i sent a txt, telling me the message has been sent. could u point me towards this tool again please B)

thx

xboss

xboss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:SPV M500

Hi
A while ago u had a nice little tool where i could turn off a message that would appear once i sent a txt, telling me the message has been sent. could u point me towards this tool again please :excl:

thx

Try the XperiaTweak app

http://www.cliffords.nu/

David Strange

David Strange

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Wine and food.
  • Devices:Xperia X1, Toshiba TG01
  • Twitter:@elitistreview
A couple of things. For YouTube you want to download this player: http://norti.hu/xperia/youtube_x1.zip and then the Xperia YouTube panel: http://norti.hu/xper...be_panel_x1.cab The panel goes a bit flakey when you open up the keyboard and switch to landscape, but it plays Youtube videos better than anything else I've seen on the Xperia.

Xperia Tweek from here: http://www.cliffords.nu/ will allow you to adjust various default settings on your Xperia. A must have. It'll allow you to set a specific panel as the default start screen. The panel I cannot recommend highly enough is the free one from SPB. It is the main interface I use for operating my phone. Just great and free: http://www.spbsoftwa...csson_xperia_x1

Finally Xtrakt, a game which looks just great on the Xperia. Free and fun: http://www.freewarep...oad-xtrakt.html

I love my Xperia X1, it is a freaking marvellous phone.

David.

galvheim

galvheim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:XPERIA X1
Would also strongly reccomend to search for : SRS_WOW_HD 121.CAB - After installing it, you'll find it in the Settings Directory. This little piece of software will really enhance your sound and speakers in what seems to be in a very intelligent way. Try it or not. Sorry for not giving any link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users