It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
[teaser]
Posted Image
My my, HTC do have their fingers in a lot of pies ;)

Below are the first images of a device that appears to be called the 'T8290' and is packing WiMAX, destined for the Russian Yota WiMAX network.

We can see the device features:

- WinMo 6.1 Professional
- 3.8" WVGA (800x480) screen
- Inbuilt phone, WiMAX, Bluetooth and WiFi

Amazingly the design seems to be even more minimalist that the Touch HD! :lol: No deets on whether this packs the same 5 Megapixel camera of course, but there is a camera of some description on there. We'll be digging around for more info and will update this post as and when - watch this space! :D

Given HTC's recent announcement that the Touch HD will not be available stateside, could this give a hint as to why? Will we see the T8290 coming to Sprint's 'Xohm' network?

More pics in the full topic for news page readers...

P

[Via nedge2k.com]
[/teaser]

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

FutureDirt

FutureDirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
looks nice!

MadRaven

MadRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:null
On the HTC spec site of the HD there is a model number mentioned also: Model HTC Touch HD™ T8282

So T8290 could be just a variant of the HD made for wimax networks with a different case.

URPREY

URPREY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Nexus
  • Twitter:@BillStebbins
If it's coming to the US on Sprint it might as well not be coming. Sprint is the worst of the big 4 carriers in the US, and this is reflected by the fact that they are losing about 600,000 customers per quarter. After suffering with Sprint for over 10 years, I vowed to NEVER be their customer again. Worst company I have ever dealt with, hands down.

I wish HTC would realize that there are lots of customers in the US who are dying to get their hands on a WM replacement for the iPhone, and want an unlocked GSM phone.

Galaxy Nexus..:..rooted..:..CM9..:..Verizon
Galaxy Note..:..rooted..:..Straight Talk AT&T

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II
Son of a! Another WVGA device is announced so soon after I got my Touch Pro!! Booo!!

Apo11on

Apo11on

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
http://blog.sim-unlo...max-htc-device/

I'm not sure how much of these specs are true, but if they are - there are 2 major problems with the device (1 of them for north american users only):

1) Extremely poor internal memory 512mb (although there is a microSDHC slot)
2) No UMTS 850/1900 - meaning no 3G in USA.

Other than that it looks sexy, especially the 3.8 inch screen, which is bigger than anything on the cell phone market today

whatledog

whatledog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:null
I'm not sure how much of these specs are true, but if they are - there are 2 major problems with the device (1 of them for north american users only):

1) Extremely poor internal memory 512mb (although there is a microSDHC slot)
2) No UMTS 850/1900 - meaning no 3G in USA.

Other than that it looks sexy, especially the 3.8 inch screen, which is bigger than anything on the cell phone market today
[/quote]

Stupid HTC AND ATT :lol:

xiuhan83

xiuhan83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:samsung d900
according to pdadb.net

http://www.pdadb.net...mparer&cmp_id=7

this phone has 8gb internal memory, bigger battery 1500Mah, but less megapixel for the camera 3.2 and no 3.5mm audio output, uses proprietary instead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users