Three to double network

Guest huwwatkins

Guest humph12345

Good news for me if they do, lots more work.

They could double the capacity of their network by using there second carrier, only problem they have is the equipment in the south won't do second carrier.

Also they are at present reducing their sites by sharing with T-mobile.

So were does this announcement leave that. All very strange.

If they go for this and do it in 2 years, they will be the first, by a long way.

Guest humph12345
I thought they were mast sharing for areas they did not presently cover rather than reduce their own masts?

Not what I am seeing on the ground, sites a few hundred yards apart are being combined in the T-mobile cabin. Only problem is the kit is going in, but can't be put on air, because they are waiting on BT links.

• 1 month later...
Guest huwwatkins

Looking at the new coverage maps they are making good on this - specially the 2009/10 ones. I am really suprised how much coverage is coming to my area (west wales coast)

• 1 year later...
Guest humph12345
Looking at the new coverage maps they are making good on this - specially the 2009/10 ones. I am really suprised how much coverage is coming to my area (west wales coast)

They are doing this by putting equipment in existing T-mobile sites.

The only problem with this is that the T-mobile customers in the area will see a halving of their capacity.

3 are doubling their network but at the expense of T-mobile customers and it will get much worse when they start combining T-mobile and Orange.

Bad times ahead for customers of all three networks.