1) Outlook Notes do not sync to device Notes - You can configure ActiveSync 4.5 for Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista) to optionally sync Notes. Though there are no errors during synchronization, no notes sync to or from the device.
2) No email notification in standby - if you configure a sound alert (not on by default) for new Email (either Exchange/POP/IMAP/Hotmail), no alert fires if the device is in standby. It does work if the device is on. SMS and reminders work fine. Strangely, LED flashing does work as a new email notification in standby.
3) Long hold END key to lock does not work if PIN security enabled - if you have an unlock PIN configured (required by many companies for Exchange sync), holding down the END key to lock the device flickers the screen off and back on, but does not lock. The only workaround is to use the today Device Lock option, map a key to lock (with something like AE Buttons Plus), or have a shortcut on the today screen with something like SPB Mobile Shell or Pocket Plus.
1) Battery indicator only works in 10% increments. If you use a battery monitoring program like the battery bar of SPB Pocket Plus or SPB Mobile shell, the battery increments only go in 10% degrees. Even the built-in power program does this, so I think it is a problem with how the device driver reports power and now a fault of SPB.
2) Battery life is less than I would expect. I am primarily a data user and sync mail as it arrives. This appears to have a much bigger effect than what I saw on the BlackJack II. The Epix has an 1800 mAh battery, bigger than the BJII, so I would expect it to last longer than it does.