i900 MONAHANS repair info

Guest secany

I dont't think that this forum is poor, I think that is a fantastic forum for omnia...and I hope that Secany will give us soon a solution for MONAHANS problem...

I hope... B)

Guest beppe Omnia i900
I dont't think that this forum is poor, I think that is a fantastic forum for omnia...and I hope that Secany will give us soon a solution for MONAHANS problem...

I hope... B)

sasu ci sentiamo su telefonino.net qua non ce trippa per gatti...cmq io l'ho portato in assistenza. da lunedi scorso..vediamo come va'...

@beppe Omnia i900:

If you can't read, then simple STFU ! I am waiting for anyone have information, not to ask WHEN , WHY, HOW, bla bla bla.....

I really know your situation. What I can do is waiting for your answer. And give my best regards to you!! Thank you!

Guest beppe Omnia i900
@beppe Omnia i900:

If you can't read, then simple STFU ! I am waiting for anyone have information, not to ask WHEN , WHY, HOW, bla bla bla.....

have a good night........

Guest SLIPLOCK

Hi to all.

correct me if i am wrong, but according secany's post, the phone goes dead when pda boot and phone boot mismatch.

So can we imagine a patch (a kind of software to run in omnia) to prevent all problem of flashing, and who could enable compatibility between different /pda/phone bootloader.

(or maybe a way for flash bootloader first (directly on phone) and after update firmware without any problem).

i don't know if it is possible or not, it is just an idea...

WBR

Hello All,

My phone as well has the Monahans issue, but at this moment i am more interested on a vital information i have on the internal memory of 16gb than the phone, is there any way to connect to "My storage" so i can get this info?

the 16 GB memory is sticked on the shield on the PCB. It can be removed/replaced without any solderign required. Just be careful on the small memory connector.

But if the phone was damaged by flashing, the internal memory was formated before flashing. So there are low chanses to get your data back.

Regarding dead Omnia repairing, i can repair any boot problem on Omnia: PDA boot problem (monhans) or phone boot problem.

The bad news is that you must send the phone to me to be repaired, and is not free.

BTW... i am the autor of this software: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=644731

omnia.JPG

Edited by elco27

the 16 GB memory is sticked on the shield on the PCB. It can be removed/replaced without any solderign required. Just be careful on the small memory connector.

But if the phone was damaged by flashing, the internal memory was formated before flashing. So there are low chanses to get your data back.

Regarding dead Omnia repairing, i can repair any boot problem on Omnia: PDA boot problem (monhans) or phone boot problem.

The bad news is that you must send the phone to me to be repaired, and is not free.

BTW... i am the autor of this software: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=644731

omnia.JPG

At least there is a solution but you didn't tell the price.

My omnia is good now and flashed to k1 but would like to know if something happens. B)

• 2 weeks later...
o

Ahmedleopard, I'm here to contribute and help people, if you don't like what I do, please leave the thread! Thank you.

Pay attention to H-Jtag forum, it seems that someone have successfully connected to ARM926ES-J...

Here is link: http://www.hjtag.com/forum/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D3

Secany, can you provide pinout of Jtag connector of i900?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ahmedleopard

Solution is already Available but not Free As M.r ELCO Said &I Approve that he Can fix it &Other one his nick is SPT Team on forum ELCO POSTED

&I dont think it will be available soon if samsung didn't GAVE us sm TRICK for BOOting the phone

hi, all.....have had my i900 over 7 months now. been flashing like crazy without any problems. but, today, i was trying to flash a custom ROM from the ROM section here on Modaco, the phone dead...... PDA failed.....now when i turn the phone on, the screen shows black with a white colored phone symbol. tried hard reset, but still the same. can someone plz tell me that if my phone is as good as the MONAHAN, or i can save it by some kind method? thanks a lot

Guest Kings Lee
hi, all.....have had my i900 over 7 months now. been flashing like crazy without any problems. but, today, i was trying to flash a custom ROM from the ROM section here on Modaco, the phone dead...... PDA failed.....now when i turn the phone on, the screen shows black with a white colored phone symbol. tried hard reset, but still the same. can someone plz tell me that if my phone is as good as the MONAHAN, or i can save it by some kind method? thanks a lot

I came across this personally. The phone part just failed to flash once, and the whole process stopped. I get my guts out and reset my Omnia, the a black screen with white phone icon and a yellow triangle black exclamination mark is what is being left on the screen.

Then I try to flash it with another ROM, it went all well so far.

Likely if you start a a flasher (a new ROM updater exe file), then soft reset your Omnia, you can flash without problem.

Perhaps you should try another ROM other than the one which failed in this case.

Your problem is not as severe as the MONAHAN problem yet.

I came across this personally. The phone part just failed to flash once, and the whole process stopped. I get my guts out and reset my Omnia, the a black screen with white phone icon and a yellow triangle black exclamination mark is what is being left on the screen.

Then I try to flash it with another ROM, it went all well so far.

Likely if you start a a flasher (a new ROM updater exe file), then soft reset your Omnia, you can flash without problem.

Perhaps you should try another ROM other than the one which failed in this case.

Your problem is not as severe as the MONAHAN problem yet.

it worked! thank u so much, thought i bricked it. :)

• 3 weeks later...