Omnia ROM with TouchFLo 3D

Guest LGDP

Hi all,

First I would like to say "Great Job !!!" to all who are devoted to this site and continually providing OMNIA users with the best updated software and tips for our phones !

I would like to know as now TouchFLo 3D has been released for QVGA devices (see xda thread) if there was any way/plan to release a new ROM with it?

I have currently ThrottleLauncher and am pretty happy with it but am looking forwards to this.

Thanks in advance...

can it have 3d with no graphics card?

What do you mean? ON XDA they already have successfully installed it on QVGA devices without special graphic cards...

Is this what you mean?

d3d9m runs in software by default. Also, the omnia does have a graphics accelerator, it doesn't do T&L but hardware T&L on some chips is slower than software implementations.

There are software drivers for opengl ES hanging around. I don't know of any that make use of the Omnias built in accelerator (on the PXA312), but they function.

Having said that, it will likely be slow compared with the diamond and touch pro which have ati chipsets (good 3d, 2d is not as good as the omnia)

• 5 months later...
Guest adnet

It's strange that TFL3D requires hardware acceleration for few simple animations. SPB 3.0 has a carousel running smooth, so I guess that TFL3D could be done on Omnia with some hacks - maybe not exact the same as on HTC, but close.

Guest Broda

The SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 works well on OMnia, but works different and betther on HTC devices

In the attached picture, you see SPB Mobile Shell running on some HTC device, and you can see a full carroseul (3 Images in front and 2 in the back)

On samsung Omnia, in the same screen, you will see only the 3 pictures in the front line. The 2 in the back you can not see it

post-497062-1240966955_thumb.png

Edited by Broda

Guest charklos2099
The SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 works well on OMnia, but works different and betther on HTC devices

In the attached picture, you see SPB Mobile Shell running on some HTC device, and you can see a full carroseul (3 Images in front and 2 in the back)

On samsung Omnia, in the same screen, you will see only the 3 pictures in the front line. The 2 in the back you can not see it

Thats quite the observation! And absolutely correct. :D

Guest WAIKIKI728
:D

Sooooo....is impossible to get touch flo 3d in Omnia or is there any hope?¿?i would give 50 euros to the person who get it work...I know it´s difficult...and i see the comunity of the htc is much bigger than us but maybe someone fo us can get it...

Guest WoZZeR999
Sooooo....is impossible to get touch flo 3d in Omnia or is there any hope?¿?i would give 50 euros to the person who get it work...I know it´s difficult...and i see the comunity of the htc is much bigger than us but maybe someone fo us can get it...

If you can find someone two write an optimized Intel Xscale software renderer for OpenGL ES, or a OpenGL ES D3D wrapper, then it would be possible. Until we could have a decent performance, it's not even really looking into.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

It's quite an observation, yes, but I really truly believe it's not actually right. I remember myself amazed on those background "panels" while rotating when I first installed SPB Mobile Shell 3. I was impressed how they even thought about that, like compiz on Linux.

But, the build I did install was release, I don't know it for sure about pre-release builds that leaked everywhere like rain.

I now have 6.5 installed and don't really think I need SPB, but I'm pretty positive I saw them.

(By the way, I know that the existence of those background images prove nothing towards Omnia running full TF3D...)

Guest Broda

In the Settings of the SPB Mobile Shell in HTC devices you have an option to use or not 3D Accelaration

In Omnia, do not have this option, because Omnia do not have 3D Accelaration :D

• 1 month later...
:D Omnia does have, 3D Acceleration mate.

????????????

omnia doesnt have hardware acceleration for 3D rendering. it uses software rendering for 3D not acceleration!! and this makes it extremely slow.

read in some posts before, u will see some people tried running TF3D, and the best they are getting is 5fps.

and read in the whole forum,, it says everywhere that omnia doesnt have 3D hardware acceleration.

• 1 month later...

This kind of makes me look a little closer at my next choice of smartphone from Verizon.

I went for the Omnia over their current HTC devices simply because of the display gains. I'd rather have minimal keys on a touch screen as opposed to the four main keys and their little rotational device in the middle.

The Touch Pro 2 looks like its form factored more like the Omnia.

Just sad that the Omnia's TouchWiz isn't something preferred to pretty much any UI. If they took an approach like HTC and went to completely revolutionize mobile UI's, they might have competetion. I'd rather have TF3D on my phone with the option to revert to Titanium or even wm6.1, than have TouchWiz with the option to revert to m2d (though I'm sure the Omnia II will have hardware acceleration).

This is probably more what we should be looking at. Chances of running TF3D by the time Omnia goes obsolete are slim to none, anyway. We're obviously not concentrating our efforts on it.

Guest Antonioffaxii

JUst to throw in my 2 cents worth, I believe that SPB Shell would be using vectors to create the carousel on the Omnia, instead of real 3d. This would be why it runs so smoothly, it all uses mathematical stuff to find where the slide would be instead of a 3d animation and multiple 3d objects.