(Minor Update: 08 Nov 08) Custom "Lite" (LTE02) ROM on DTHJ9 with FlashLite3.1 & UC

Guest PaSSoA

Guest black-DraGon

thx PaSSaO,

ive try to work throug that rough lesson ^^

but i have one more =) sry,

im almost done with my rom but now my problem is that the opera browser disapeare from the start menu... i dont delete anything from opera... but it is gone from menu...

i think the problem is that my rom is german and strangly it is english after flashing... i mean the systemfolders are all english and not german... any idea?

Guest Ozone66

Hello, and thank you for the time you spend trimming these heavy OSs ... just one tiny thing you might easily be able to adjust in your next version or at least give a clue on how to enable the feature ... since you removed all the widgets, I can't drag the clock to my background anymore, and even with the option "display clock in taskbar for all programs", the darn clock does not appear on the taskbar when you have no apps started ... this was pretty handy and I hate to have to start an app just to see the time displayed ...

O.

Hi people, here's the second version of a "Lite" version.

Edit: I have updated the ROM to include a few fixes, such as Office and there was a problem with the Preconfiguration and UC and also problems with some taskswitchers. Overall, I find the ROM more responsive as I think I had a bad build for the original LTE02.

I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

Also added an option to Donate directly to me, thanks Paul for allowing me to use your app.

Changes are about the same as LTE01 but apps have been optimised so it takes less space and of course it's on the latest HJ9 ROM thanks to secany... keep up the good work dude B)

Other changes:

- SilverInbox included as it seems to be working now.

- Windows Live removed. For Messenger, you can get the CAB here

- ASPlayer(StreamingPlayer) removed, so install your favourite streaming player like coreplayer or tcpmp to view certain streams.

- TouchPlayer removed, so windows media will open files. You can find the CAB here.

- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? B)

- Fixed UC... hopefully. (please test and let me know)

- Optimised Office Apps.

As usual, thanks to all who have supported me and I apologise if I'm unable to answer all PM's, I will try to when I have the time. As you know the Omnia community is small and HTC seem to get all the "goodies", so thanks again to all contributors that make our, already brilliant, Samsung Omnia better.

LTE02 - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots

LTE01.jpgLTE001.jpgLTE02_000.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Hi people, as popularly requested, here's my DTHJ6 base ROM without Manilla 2D installed.

Removed apps:

- DigitalFrame

- FlashLite2

- GoogleLauncher

- NetCF2.0

- PhotoSlides

- Podcasts

- RssReader

- Samsung Today 1

- Samsung Today 2

- Samsung Widget

- Samsung Main Menu / Launcher

- Shozu

- SliverInbox

- TaskSwitcher

- Welcome Center

Added:

- NetCF3.5

- Working FlashLite3.1

- HTCSensor .dlls'

- A few registry tweaks on security policies

Did not remove Opera as it would be too much work, besides the Beta versions do not work with FL3.1. Cab files for Today screens and other apps can be found in Dr.Dot's post or at xda-dev.

Note: UC was not cooked in properly, so please manually run SDAutorun.exe to initiate. Sorry...

Enjoy! And as usual, please report back on any bugs and use this ROM at your own risk B)

LTE01 - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots

LTE01.jpgLTE002.jpgLTE02.jpg

LTE03.jpgLTE04.jpgLTE05.jpg

Guest Barthlon
Hello, and thank you for the time you spend trimming these heavy OSs ... just one tiny thing you might easily be able to adjust in your next version or at least give a clue on how to enable the feature ... since you removed all the widgets, I can't drag the clock to my background anymore, and even with the option "display clock in taskbar for all programs", the darn clock does not appear on the taskbar when you have no apps started ... this was pretty handy and I hate to have to start an app just to see the time displayed ...

O.

you can easily get a clock and date on your today screen by going to settings>today>tab items>selecting "date"

and i also dislike the fact that it shows in almost every screen except for your today screen B)

Guest kensong
As for LTE03, it might need to wait a while, I concur that it'll better to wait for DXHK2 and furthermore I'll be out of town in a few days time, so have quite a bit of work to finish before I leave.

Thanks PaSSoA. It will be worth the wait. Just glad you intend to update the lite version with DXHK2.

Guest rahman2k7
Here's the Taskswitcher, tried installing it myself and it works fine. But remember, it's dangerous when driving :rolleyes:

Hey, thanks for the task switcher.cab file, but I've got a problem, when i try to install it i get error message unsuccessful as it does not have sufficient system permission.

Guest jakeeaton

Hi,

I accidentally changed the colour of the toolbars in settings. How do I get the upper and lower toolbars to be flat black again? Under 'Today', Themes...I've only got 'black+white' theme....

How do I get both the upper and lower bars to be just a flat black colour?

Hi,

I accidentally changed the colour of the toolbars in settings. How do I get the upper and lower toolbars to be flat black again? Under 'Today', Themes...I've only got 'black+white' theme....

How do I get both the upper and lower bars to be just a flat black colour?

go to setting>personal>theme> and choose the color u like for those two bars.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hi everyone,

I've been using LTE02 for a while happily and just came to a bump today...

I tried to capture a video with the omnia and it all went ok, until the end at least, where it said that it cannot read the file (the video). When I open resco explorer I can see the file there (an .mp4, as it should be) but neither WMP nor CorePlayer (1.2.5) can read the file.

I honestly don't know if it was just like that from the beginning or not, I just hit it today.

Now, I wonder if it's a problem with my device or a codec/etc issue with the ROM. Anybody else have faced such thing? (I could just look around the thread but could not find much of help (or I really looked around, but not read correctly. If it's the latter, sorry in advance)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ali (Snake eater)

Hi guys i am so rookie with this world

1_i want to know what is different between the original rom of omnia and this one

2_what are the risk's of instilling

3_ how eazy it is from 1 to 10

4_ can i go back to original rom if i feel not comfortable with it

5_ can it work on omnia came from iraq and with 8 GB memory ( SGH-I900) is the one i am talkin a bout

thank you a lot you for this great place it is like haven of professional people

• 2 weeks later...
Guest d1mitrov

Does anybody live in the Tampa/St Petersburg Florida area that might be willing to help me out with this?I want to try it but i really dont feel comfortable doing it on my own. Please let me know. Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest laguna33p

It was frustrating having the windows and samsung interface together so this rom has essentially got rid of the latter...its like having my xda orbit back but on the more powerful omnia. Thanks and excellent work.

Edited by laguna33p

• 2 months later...
Guest laguna33p

Im using this ROM but have an unusual problem in that phone stops charging with the samsung branded car charger after iGo8 has been on for about 10mins. Charging starts immediately again after a soft-rest. Anyone else had this problem?

• 3 months later...
Guest Nickooo

Hmmmm.

Im a tad confused with how to get this onto my Omnia. :)

I tried to use the program (I turn phone off, plug it in, turn it on) and the result was this:

"timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found."

Any ideas guys?