- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gungey

gungey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I really like the look of the X1, but purchasing it hinges on being able to use Remote Desktop properly. As this isn't something I can try in store, I'd love to get some feedback from existing users :lol:

The iPhone can do RDP ok and I've tested that out already - but the higher resolution of the X1 should mean it is much easier.

Does anyone know of any videos that show RDP on the X1 so I can see how it works? I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right direction :D

gothier

gothier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Xda Phone
No video, but I use RDP nearly every day with a Windows 2003 server to do some things when everybody has left the office. No problems here but I miss the zoom feature of the iPhone.

artesea

artesea

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II
  • Twitter:@artesea

I really like the look of the X1, but purchasing it hinges on being able to use Remote Desktop properly. As this isn't something I can try in store, I'd love to get some feedback from existing users :lol:

The iPhone can do RDP ok and I've tested that out already - but the higher resolution of the X1 should mean it is much easier.

Does anyone know of any videos that show RDP on the X1 so I can see how it works? I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right direction :D

Running UltraVNC on my my WinXP Home machine, got RealVNC viewer on my X1. Amazing.

Edited by artesea, 02 November 2008 - 10:38 AM.

gungey

gungey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the replies!

No video, but I use RDP nearly every day with a Windows 2003 server to do some things when everybody has left the office. No problems here but I miss the zoom feature of the iPhone.

Would you say it's better than RDP on the iPhone? :lol:

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis
Or Logmein

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

gothier

gothier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Xda Phone

Thanks for the replies!
Would you say it's better than RDP on the iPhone? :lol:

The finger scolling and zooming was great but I don´t realy need it for my work.
What realy helps me is the hardware keyboard. So the answer is "YES" for me.
But RDP offers more features and a better "point of view".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users