Please dont shout at me but......

Guest jamzi

This is probably a ridiculously simple question but i've searched and searched and im baffled!

How do you know which rom your omnia is running?!

I know im going to regret asking this but i really am struggling here!

Regards

Jamzi

This is probably a ridiculously simple question but i've searched and searched and im baffled!

How do you know which rom your omnia is running?!

I know im going to regret asking this but i really am struggling here!

Regards

Jamzi

Go to settings > system > version

Guest finaldestiny

ARGGGHHHH HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT MANN!! YOU JUST TOTALLY WASTED A THREAD THERE. USE THE SEARCH NEXT TIME!!! ROAR!! LoL

Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

Edited by finaldestiny

Ok so mines says i900xxhg5. So far after a few days of using the phone i havent noticed any major issues so was wondering if there is a newer better firmware worth upgrading to or should i just stick with this one for the time being?

Regards

Jamzi

Guest samjuan
Ok so mines says i900xxhg5. So far after a few days of using the phone i havent noticed any major issues so was wondering if there is a newer better firmware worth upgrading to or should i just stick with this one for the time being?

Regards

Jamzi

Don't try to fix what's already working, if you like it and don't find any issues in it, don't upgrade...

however, if you are experienced enough in upgrading and in windows mobile, you can go ahead at your own risk, knowing that for any reason you could just brick your phone dead!!!

or it is always advisable to upgrade in your samsung service center...

Ive got quite a bit of experience of upgrading roms with my tytn 2 and touch diamond, but from what ive read upgrading an omnia rom doesnt seem as straight forward as what im used to. would that be correct?

Jamzi

Guest samjuan
Ive got quite a bit of experience of upgrading roms with my tytn 2 and touch diamond, but from what ive read upgrading an omnia rom doesnt seem as straight forward as what im used to. would that be correct?

Jamzi

on the contrary, it is very straight forward "especially the ones Secany uploads, which are Samsung official onces" however you still have the possibility of bricking your phone, since it is not supported by Samsung.

So it is your choice, read more in the various rom posts and you will get all the answers you want.

cheers