New Customized Omnia Menu

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Got tired of the Omnias Menu old look (dull white background,dull icons,brown menu bar etc.) so I customized it (took me hours)

Before:

20081105_001901_0006_108.jpg

20081105_001913_0007_108.jpg

20081105_002012_0012_108.jpg

Now, here's my Omnia menu looks like:

20081104_235806_0000_108.jpg

20081104_235828_0001_108.jpg

20081104_235850_0002_108.jpg

20081104_235914_0003_108.jpg

Works in landscape mode too...

If you want to try my customized Omnia Menu:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

(For the file see post # 3)

NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks :lol:

Edited by daskalos

i`m very happy. thanks! :lol: :D

i follow the steps:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

Edited by nvally

Here's the file

Unzip, edit properties (make it read-only,hidden,system file) and transfer to /Windows

When i paste the new file to windows directory i get warning that the destination file

is in ROM and i can damage my system . Did You got this warning too ?

Edited by vlodek

Guest ivanxxx

Very Nice Work Man!

Here is an important question for you daskalos about really customisable menu:

I want to add my own program icons with more pages on main samsung menu rather than to shortcut menu.. Could we also customize main menu through our own choices?

:lol: :D ;)

Edited by ivanxxx

Guest daskalos

Very Nice Work Man!

Here is an important question for you daskalos about really customisable menu:

I want to add my own program icons with more pages on main samsung menu rather than to shortcut menu.. Could we also customize main menu through our own choices?

:lol: :D ;)

[/quote

Actually this is just an experiment that turned out pretty successful...Im just a newbie (although been hacking with pda stuff for a while) and customizing it is somewhat easy (although time consuming...especially in making fades and icon sizes...took me 2 hours).

But adding your own programs in the main menu rather than in the shortcut edit is a little bit tricky...because you have to hack the .dll

files and other dependencies to add new program icons and make their link work...also changing fonts and font colors and sizes depends on it...

That's why I want to create a black themed Omnia menu but cannot, because making a black background will make some link names invisible,'coz they're already black... If someone knows how to chage font colors please do tell me...

Anyway, some time soon, i'll be posting a step by step guide on how to change backgrounds,icons and color bars for a new Omnia menu look....

Guest pdaphonemaster

Thanks. This is a great looking menu.

I installed it and it works great. However, It takes up approx. 3meg of memory space.

But since the original file in in Rom it is not overwritten when you copy the new file across. When you deleted the new file, the original is ressurected automatically and the lost mem space is recovered. So, I can always go back to the original when needed.

Great work!

Guest ivanxxx
[/quote

Actually this is just an experiment that turned out pretty successful...Im just a newbie (although been hacking with pda stuff for a while) and customizing it is somewhat easy (although time consuming...especially in making fades and icon sizes...took me 2 hours).

But adding your own programs in the main menu rather than in the shortcut edit is a little bit tricky...because you have to hack the .dll

files and other dependencies to add new program icons and make their link work...also changing fonts and font colors and sizes depends on it...

That's why I want to create a black themed Omnia menu but cannot, because making a black background will make some link names invisible,'coz they're already black... If someone knows how to chage font colors please do tell me...

Anyway, some time soon, i'll be posting a step by step guide on how to change backgrounds,icons and color bars for a new Omnia menu look....

Thank you for your reply daskalos, I appreciate your work, your experiment is just a good step for what I need -totally customizable menus- I think people will try to hack dll's through that way and so I hope it will be real, soon..Your work is a good milestone for it.

Guest daskalos
hi i canna find the launcher exe t1 skin file anywhere in windows i am using resco explorer any ideas

Open Resco Explorer, Menu / Options / General / Browser.... Uncheck all boxes....the file is hidden, unchecking the boxes will let you see and find "Launcher.exe.T1.skin".... :lol:

Open Resco Explorer, Menu / Options / General / Browser.... Uncheck all boxes....the file is hidden, unchecking the boxes will let you see and find "Launcher.exe.T1.skin".... :lol:

Why it is saying that it is ROM file ? In windows there is a copy of this file or

the ROM file is used ?

Guest daskalos
Why it is saying that it is ROM file ? In windows there is a copy of this file or

the ROM file is used ?

e

'Cause it is REALLY a ROM file....In the event that you delete the file accidentally or in purpose, the system detects the missing file and generates it again(from the ROM). When you overwrite the launcher with my launcher, it will just overwrite the same file in the windows folder, not the actual copy in the ROM... :lol:

Guest gazulatrix

Hi, i've downloaded the new menu (which looks great by the way), but the icons don't match up with the words! Is there something i haven't done or is it my rom version (HH1)? Many thanks