CamerAware now available for Omnia, X1 and Touch HD

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1225919469_thumb.gif
CamerAware, my speed camera alerting software for Windows Mobile, has now been updated to add support for WVGA and WQVGA devices, which include the Samsung Omnia, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and Touch HD.

The update - which is of course free to all existing registered users - can be downloaded as a PC installer or as a CAB file for device installation.

The free version allows you to plot your routes online as well as viewing your GPS speed, heading etc. and making a little bit of cash recording Navizon points and the full version with lifetime camera database costs £19.99.

To find out more, check out the CamerAware 'Getting Started' post!

:lol:

P

Guest dr_nick

is this update available through cameraware's update facility and apptodate?

from within cameraware, i have the "you are running latest version" prompt...

nice to see this still in development (a piece of software i continue to regularly use :lol:

Edit: apptodate currently dowloading... (a piece of software i use less often as i don't remember...)

Edited by dr_nick

Guest cooper8888

nice to see this still in development (a piece of software i continue to regularly use :lol:

Edit: apptodate currently dowloading... (a piece of software i use less often as i don't remember...)

Thanks for the software will try it out.

Guest Kevlarski
post-1-1225919469_thumb.gif
CamerAware, my speed camera alerting software for Windows Mobile, has now been updated to add support for WVGA and WQVGA devices, which include the Samsung Omnia, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and Touch HD.

The update - which is of course free to all existing registered users - can be downloaded as a PC installer or as a CAB file for device installation.

The free version allows you to plot your routes online as well as viewing your GPS speed, heading etc. and making a little bit of cash recording Navizon points and the full version with lifetime camera database costs £19.99.

To find out more, check out the CamerAware 'Getting Started' post!

:lol:

P

The changes have caused problems with the current speed display on my Touch Diamond :D (See attached images)

post-53274-1226088623_thumb.jpg

post-53274-1226088641_thumb.jpg

post-53274-1226088655_thumb.jpg

Guest tsutton

Mine works fine - it found the new version and is being downlioaded/installed via it.

What was the previous version number? (assuming you remember)

Still ApptoDate saved the day. B)

Guest yorkshiretaff

Sorry Paul but the other problem I experienced, as well as the display issue, was AppToDate being removed (or at least the icon in "programs") . The above cab addresses the display (tried today 11-11-08) but the AppToDate icon still disappears. Any chance you could publish the AppToDate cab for a reinstall and the correct version number of Cameraware for a quick comparison please?

And thanks for saving me 6 points and a bundle of cash from various roadworks cameras in Yorkshire and North Wales this weekend; a great app!! B)

YT

Guest Paul (MVP)
Sorry Paul but the other problem I experienced, as well as the display issue, was AppToDate being removed (or at least the icon in "programs") . The above cab addresses the display (tried today 11-11-08) but the AppToDate icon still disappears. Any chance you could publish the AppToDate cab for a reinstall and the correct version number of Cameraware for a quick comparison please?

And thanks for saving me 6 points and a bundle of cash from various roadworks cameras in Yorkshire and North Wales this weekend; a great app!! B)

YT

I'll double check the attributes of the ATD link in the CAB file... it should only overwrite if it doesn't exist, but clearly that's not the case! B)

P

Guest Kevlarski

I have just downloaded the new version using App to Date and I did not get the problem with the icon disappearing. I think I did when I did the last update (with the display error) and a soft reset brought the icon back (however I can't remember fully as I've done quite a bit of modifying in the last few days). I'll let you know if the display is fixed after my journey home tonight.

Thanks for the quick response B)

EDIT: It's fixed, thanks B)

Edited by Kevlarski

Guest lee_marshall

Hi Paul,

I have had problems with CamerAware and other non-standard applications accessing GPRS/3G on my Vodafone Xperia X1. All standard applications work fine and indeed CamerAware works ok via Wifi or Activesync connections. Do you know why this would be?

If I cannot get it sorted today I am going to have to send it back to Voda as their tech support cannot help either.

Thanks

Lee

Guest lee_marshall

Hi Paul,

That article did not give the correct info unfortunately.

However I did get similar (but correct) info from another forum here XperiaX1.net

I have now unlocked and replaced my modem details and everything seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for you time.

Guest mrkknofler

hi paul .... i install cameraware on omnia as well ,,but it cant find any satelite and any message , and its not crash .. only a screen with buttons and no number , every option are working but nothing in screen ..

gps port is on com3

gps hardware port is com9

baud rate 4800

what is wrong on my device ?

thanx

• 1 month later...

Paul

I have a problem

Just received my touch HD and been using cameraware on my M3100 for last couple of years so wanted to transfer it.

I keep getting an error on installation that goes along the lines

"error on installation application doesnt have system permissions"

Im using the cab file from this thread and tried PC installer - both give me the same error.

ps any chance you could forward my serial and activation codes via PM as I cant find them from emails

regards

jon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.