X1 Rattle - anyone else go this?

Guest Chris Moore

Guest Chris Moore

Hi,

If I hold my X1 with the keyboard closes and gently shake it there is a slight rattle sound like a screw loose near the speaker at the top of the unit.

I am convinced that sometimes the sound quality is a bit shaky so it could be related.

Does anyone else have this behaviour or is mine broken?

thanks,

Chris.

A few moments ago, shortly after I closed my X1, it produced a rather disturbing SNAP kind of noise. I had just put it down on my desk, and was not holding the handset at the time. I definitely did not apply force sliding it shut, and neither has it been dropped since I got it.

Now when I gently shake it, it makes the same kind of rattling noise described here, somewhere from around the speaker area. B)

It's difficult to say if it was there before, but it's certainly there now and I'm not too happy about that. B)

----

meptik

Edited by meptik

Guest Jelster

This is a little disconcerting. Many of the issues reported appear firmware related but a rattle in the phone is going to drive me nuts, especially when I'm likely to import mine so I can't easily just send it back if it develops this problem.

Anyone feel like offering some counter claims of no rattling? Is there a commonality of the phones that have the issue? Vendor, operator, first release?

Guest Cymruan

got mine form mobiles.co.uk on orange, and mine is fine, no rattle or distortion at all

Ok, I spoke too soon, this weekend, I got the Snap, and I now have the added rattle functionality.

Edited by Cymruan

Guest mkent_barbados

bought mine at the Sony Ericsson store in Kensington, London on the weekend and it does have the rattle up by the earpiece; but it doesn't have any distorted sound; very clear in calls. Doesn't bother me really as not usually shaking the phone while holding it to my ear, but wouldn't mind know what it was caused by either!

i got mine from vodafone UK online and had it sent back becuase it had the same rattling noise behind the earpiece, and my 2nd new replacement has the same rattle too. After reading other forums this is apparently completly normal and strangly enough only happens when the phone is at a vertical angle but shake it side to side horizontaly it disappears..?????

Guest sinet2020

Hi Guys,

I too have the rattle. I am convinced it is the camera lens. Because it is an auto focus lens, I think it is suspended and controlled by an electromagnet and this allows the lens to rattle about!

Could all be wrong but hey lol

Simon

Guest johnchan
got mine form mobiles.co.uk on orange, and mine is fine, no rattle or distortion at all

Ok, I spoke too soon, this weekend, I got the Snap, and I now have the added rattle functionality.

OMG you made me really LOL about the "I got the Snap" and "added rattle functionality" B) B) B) B) :(

Sorry you got the rattle function now, but the way you phrased it... B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnchan
OMG you made me really LOL about the "I got the Snap" and "added rattle functionality" :rolleyes: :) :( :D B)

Sorry you got the rattle function now, but the way you phrased it... :(

btw... today... i got the rattle.

WTF!?

Has anyone taken it back to Sony shop or something for repair/warranty? What did you say and what did they say?

Guest johnchan

cavalier666, you're RIGHT! Holding down the optical joystick gets rid of the loudest rattle.

There still is a very small tiny rattle coming from the other "top" part of the phone... its much smaller and higher pitched... sounds much smaller...

I have the rattle, too. Holding down the optical joystick does NOT help at all...

I will bring my X1 to the nearest T-Mobile store and ask them about it.

But, hey, who knows? Maybe it's a feature... :rolleyes: