Exchange Server 2003 Synchronisation?

Guest TreColl

Guest TreColl

I setup my Kaiser (6.1) to sync wirelessly with my works exchange server last night. I have notice that it tries to CONSTANTLY sync using whatever connection is possible.

Is there someway I can change how often it connects to the exchange server, and possbily what connections its allowed to use?

Guest hotphil

If you are connecting via ActiveSync (and it sounds like you are), go to Programs>Activesync on the phone. In there one of the options is to set the schedule. During scheduled hours it will maintain a "constant" connection so that you get mails delivered almost instantly. I think there is still a bug that if you have your schedule set to Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00 for example, it will still check (and wake you up!) at 08:00 on Saturday and Sunday.

If you only wanted to check mails at timed intervals, delete the Activesync setup for that server and set the connection up manually in the Messaging app.

Guest jimbouk

The main advantage of syncing with a server 2003, is the direct push.

As Phil says, go to activesync on your device and select menu, schedule. Set it to "as items arrive" for peak hours and manual for off peak ghours, then click the link to peak hours below and set them to when you want direct push.

Guest hotphil

Yep, manual will be on press of Send/Receive. Also I believe (and there's a setting somewhere for it if you wish to turn it off) if you compose a message and hit Send, a Send/receive will be initiated.