Here is a download location for Omnia CDMA driver

Guest miles_muso

Guest miles_muso

Hi All,

Whilst flashing my Omnia with a new ROM, I suffered the annoying COM Port creation error. I needed to point WindowsXP to the correct CDMA driver, but I could not find it ANYWHERE.

Eventually, I found a download that works, which is from an older bit of Samsung Software called PC Studio 3.

Please download from here and run the installer.

When WindowsXP asks you for the driver, choose the 'Include this location' option and point it towards:

C:\ProgramFiles\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\USB Drivers\1

Amazingly, this includes the correct driver and your ROM installation should then run smoothly.

BTW, Some driver-tracker software I have told me that the current release of this driver is 4.34 but I couldn't find this anywhere (even the tracker app didn't have a download location.) If someone finds this, please let me know. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miles_muso
I thought i had just bricked my phone but i think you saved me.

Hey! Nice to know that I've helped someone (and I'm just a newbie!!)

How come it says NOWHERE that i need this yet i do?

As the french say: cést la vie B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest picky-picasso

Thanks. Here's another newb you've helped.

pp

Hey! Nice to know that I've helped someone (and I'm just a newbie!!)

As the french say: cést la vie B)

Guest alphatech
Hi All,

Whilst flashing my Omnia with a new ROM, I suffered the annoying COM Port creation error. I needed to point WindowsXP to the correct CDMA driver, but I could not find it ANYWHERE.

Eventually, I found a download that works, which is from an older bit of Samsung Software called PC Studio 3.

When WindowsXP asks you for the driver, choose the 'Include this location' option and point it towards:

Amazingly, this includes the correct driver and your ROM installation should then run smoothly.

BTW, Some driver-tracker software I have told me that the current release of this driver is 4.34 but I couldn't find this anywhere (even the tracker app didn't have a download location.) If someone finds this, please let me know. Thanks

Looking High & Low for this driver during the upgrade...

Thank you very much ! You saved me also B) !

Guest miles_muso
Is this is the driver that we should run before we start the updater .exe program ?

Does this apply even for the new roms posted lately ?

Thanks

You should download this driver and install it on your XP PC BEFORE you run the ROM Updater program. During the update process (often called 'flashing' a ROM), the updater will try to open your phone's COM port to upload the phone part of the ROM. Without this driver, the COM port will not be accessible and your phone will not properly update.

Sometimes, the updater will not find this driver the first time, so just do a soft reset on your phone and flash the ROM again. All should then be well.

There are lots of guides to flashing a ROM on this forum and also on the rather brilliant XPA Developers forum.

You should always read through the relevent forum posts regarding which ROM is the best one to flash for your needs, and also whether updated ROMs are available. Try looking at the threads here as a start.

Happy flashing! B)

Guest phantomguy1

again... so what does this actually do? does this mean I can flash the rom with an i900 rom and then get this driver to restore the phone service?

Guest miles_muso
a question here. when upgrading the rom it erases everything on the "device" and doesnt do anything to the 16gb storage and sim rite?
Yes, you're correct. Your storage and SIM remain untouched (however, making a backup of your storage data is always a good idea, just in case the unthinkable happens and you 'brick' your phone.)

again... so what does this actually do? does this mean I can flash the rom with an i900 rom and then get this driver to restore the phone service?
This driver does not restore the phone service as such, it merely allows the UPDATER.EXE program to open a COM port on your phone so that the phone service can be uploaded from the ROM image that UPDATER is running. The ROM image usually contains a phone service as well as the operating system, plus any specific programs or interfaces that have been added.

PLEASE NOTE that I am not an expert on these matters - I merely included a link to the driver as it took me ages to find it myself and I wanted to be helpful to others. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE browse this forum for Custom ROM information BEFORE flashing a new ROM to your phone. There are many people a lot more knowledgeable than myself who regularly write on this forum. Whilst I am flattered to be asked questions, I cannot guarantee that my answers are 100% correct. I would suggest that you don't post any more questions for me - all the information you need (and much, much more) can be found on this forum.

Happy Hunting.

• 1 month later...
Guest xpthstos
Hi All,

thanksssssssssss

Guest robinhood1701
Hi All,

Am looking at an Omnia,

and have noticed the probs that can happen during updating an Omnia,

This seems to work OK, several people seem to be successful,

So i assume you originally tried with the supplied disk, and got this prob?

Did you try with the latest software, downloaded from Samsung?

Seems funny that Samsung have not noticed this?

You said - "a new ROM" was this a official Samsung ROM or custom build?

Great Work BTW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate to bring this back from the dead but I have exhausted all things :) I have now installed the drivers but still the updater locks at 60% and UMDL says cant open COM ports still. Windows does not give me the option to select download location. Someone please help me :( i am without a phone right now

I have a i910 if that helps

Edited by krinen

Guest necosino
I hate to bring this back from the dead but I have exhausted all things :) I have now installed the drivers but still the updater locks at 60% and UMDL says cant open COM ports still. Windows does not give me the option to select download location. Someone please help me :( i am without a phone right now

I have a i910 if that helps

If UMDL can at least start the update, then you have the drivers already installed.

Just follow my guide here, using method 2.

If UMDL can at least start the update, then you have the drivers already installed.

Just follow my guide here, using method 2.

Hello everyone I have tried this and still nothing, my phone is pretty much a brick, when I try to upload any stock rom via UMDL it says "device does not support DPRAM download" I have tried UMDL SPST ect.... I have installed the drivers and necosino and myself spent quite a while trying different things nothing worked :)

Any more ideas?