Custom ROM: DZIA2-ECH01B11 xxxHOLiC Edition

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Guest iTnkD4iAm

This is a customized Omnia ROM package. Certain applications were removed to free up space, other packages were replaced with a newer version potentially improving performance and modified a few giving it a xxxHOLiC-look.

This ROM package requires Windows XP to update your Omnia.

Changelog:

Current Version: ech01-b11 with User Customization

Base ROM Version: DZIA2

Removed:

• Adobe Flash Lite 2.1 (1)
  • Arcsoft Mobile Video Editor
  • Arcsoft Streaming Player
  • Dice Simulator (2D6)
  • Google Launcher
  • Google Maps
  • Install Games
  • Microsoft Windows Update
  • Microsoft Windows Live
  • Opera 9.5
  • PlumSIP 6
  • Samsung Connected Home
  • Samsung Digital Frame
  • Samsung Favorite Settings
  • Samsung PodCasts
  • Samsung RSSReader
  • Samsung Task Switcher
  • Samsung Today 1 Plugin
  • Samsung Today Online Widgets Plugin
  • Samsung Touch Player
  • SharePix
  • Solitaire & Bubblebreaker
  • TecAce PhotoSlides
  • Transcriber Input Method
  • Tegic XT9 Samsung Input Method - This covers the Samsung Keyboard, Keypad & Phonepad.
  • Certain MP3's, images & themes

Modified/Added:
    • Used an earlier version of the Enchaned GPS program allowing updates via WIFI.
    • Update for Windows Mobile for PC (KB949168) integrated
    • Microsoft .NETCF 2.0 replaced with .NETCF 3.5 (2)
    • Microsoft SQLCE 3.0 replaced with SQLCE 3.5 (2)
    • The task switcher was replaced with the task manager in the shortcut buttons.
    • The photoslides was replaced with the media album in the shortcut buttons.
    • Altered the Samsung Today 2 plugin and its icons for independent use. It's now possible for this plugin to co-exist with the default Samsung Today 2.
    • xxxHOLiC Theme, Windows Media Player xxxHOLiC Skin, Power on/off animation/sound (3)
    • Hid Customer Feedback & Error Reporting in the Control Panel
    • [email protected]'s User Customization included
      Security policy (101a) has been altered to allow for UC to install the other applications. To learn more about UC, click here.

Samsung Launcher:

The Samsung Launcher has been modified to look for certain shortcuts to run certain programs. This would allow the user to install similar applications and still use the Samsung Launcher to run these preferred programs. These shortcuts must be placed in the \windows folder.

[*] DigitalFrame: DigitalFrame.lnk

[*] File Explorer: FExplore.lnk - this was the Internet Explorer button

[*] Internet Browser button: Netbrw.lnk

[*] Multimedia Player: MdPlayer.lnk

[*] PhotoSlides: PhotoSlides.lnk

[*] PodCasts button: PodCasts.lnk

[*] RSSReader button: RSSReader.lnk

[*] Settings button: FavoriteSettings.lnk - this originally launches the Favorite Settings application

Screen Shots:

s01oz0.jpg

Modified Samsung Today 2 Plugin

s01di3.jpg

Samsung Volume Control, Enhanced-GPS Panel and Samsung Online Widget(4)

s02za3.gif

The Version, Memory & About Screens

s04jn9.jpg

Opera 9.5 b15529 running Adobe Flash Lite 3.1(4)

s004yt7.jpg

Black Skin for the Tegic XT9 Samsung Keypad, Keyboard and Phonepad(4)

Known Issues And Other Notes:

(1) It would seem that the Samsung Widgets specifically requires Adobe Flash Lite 2.1. Install this version if you plan on using the widgets.

(2) Certain programs may require specific versions of Microsoft SQLCE/.NETCF and thus may not work with this release. If your program is not working, please post in the discussion thread the name and the version to determine whether to revert to the original version that came with the firmware.

(3) The included xxxHolic Theme 1 although set to display black shade, Windows Mobile will automatically turn it to a gray shade. For an explanation on why Windows Mobile do this, click here.

(4) Samsung Online Widget, Opera 9.5, Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 and Tegic XT9 are available as a separate download.

For the latest update, installation and download instructions, click here.

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest bobobird

Excellent - another chef joins the ranks. Excellent.

Thanks.

First impressions, nice specs but as 1Mack says, leave out the personal stuff and u might have something that people will like and use.

It is like all those flavours of XP that drift from the generic - who uses those ? Nobody!

But since you took the time and made the effort, I will certainly try it out.

Edited by bobobird

Guest pappaman

Hi,

Great work! Always good to have another ROM-chef in here.

I've got a little question, how dit you manage to customize the launcher to execute the lnk files?

I tried a quick scan through the regestry but could not find anything.

Also tried reshack on launcher.exe, launcher.exe.T1.skin and Launcher.exe.0409.mui

Found nothing... I realy would like to replace photo-slider and touchplayer with something else from this menu.

(The dirty way would be to replace the exe files with my alternatives though I haven't tried that one)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Looks cool man and great stats but I am not into the xxxholic <_< can you do Afro Samurai instead B) B)

I'll eventually make some other themes in the near future once I've trimmed down the ROM to my liking B)

I've got a little question, how dit you manage to customize the launcher to execute the lnk files?

I tried a quick scan through the regestry but could not find anything.

The program references are in Launcher.exe however before you can hex edit, you'd need to remove the digital signature of the file. Also, you may need to sign it again (or alter the security policies in the registry but I haven't had much success w/ that) If you're running Dr Dot's or PaSSoA's with altered security policies and you've been able to remove the digital signature and make it run then you're good to go :(

nice one ....but the black font will not be nice with the background

That's not much of an issue since you'd be relying more on the look of the icon rather than the text label that goes with it and the first 2 pages of the launcher is fixed. It would be an issue if the launcher was more customizable (add/alter icon locations, more pages) or if you have a very long list of installed programs that you select in the shortcuts page B) Alternative look for the launcher are available here: Customized Omnia Menu

I will definetly flash this to my girlfirend i900 if she has one B)

hehehe I can imagine my g/f making a request making a theme for her :(

Here's a teaser for the next build release:

s009ny9.gif

I'm still in the process of testing whether the programs I've ripped can be run from \My Storage\ and unfortunately there's already one 5MB app that just won't run properly from \My Storage\ (or I'm missing some dependent files)

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest arunachalam
I'll eventually make some other themes in the near future once I've trimmed down the ROM to my liking B)

The program references are in Launcher.exe however before you can hex edit, you'd need to remove the digital signature of the file. Also, you may need to sign it again (or alter the security policies in the registry but I haven't had much success w/ that) If you're running Dr Dot's or PaSSoA's with altered security policies and you've been able to remove the digital signature and make it run then you're good to go B)

That's not much of an issue since you'd be relying more on the look of the icon rather than the text label that goes with it and the first 2 pages of the launcher is fixed. It would be an issue if the launcher was more customizable (add/alter icon locations, more pages) or if you have a very long list of installed programs that you select in the shortcuts page B) Alternative look for the launcher are available here: Customized Omnia Menu

hehehe I can imagine my g/f making a request making a theme for her B)

Here's a teaser for the next build release:

s009ny9.gif

I'm still in the process of testing whether the programs I've ripped can be run from \My Storage\ and unfortunately there's already one 5MB app that just won't run properly from \My Storage\ (or I'm missing some dependent files)

Hello, 

your new rom is good.screen rotation excellent.pl remove touch player,give colour skins for opera.and add omnia clock.touch player is useless for some mp4 files.wm player will play all including rmv except flv,and also we have tcpmp.and pl change the theme with good photos or good graphics

Thank you.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Hello,

your new rom is good.screen rotation excellent.pl remove touch player,give colour skins for opera.and add omnia clock.touch player is useless for some mp4 files.wm player will play all including rmv except flv,and also we have tcpmp.and pl change the theme with good photos or good graphics

Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback B) As for the omnia clock, unless you're referring to the widget clock or unless there's a different clock program post-DXHJ1 firmware I'm not quite sure what omnia clock you're referring to as I haven't removed any clock program B) As for the theme, I'm trying to minimize it's integration to the ROM, what looks good for one person doesn't necessary apply to everyone. With all the space that's available, I'll just let the person add his/her personal touch B)

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Good job, iTn.... B)

please let me know why add" windows remot control" ,is it safety for us? you know, the remote control service in winxp is hide risk ...

I use it to connect to my comp B) And It's not dangerous to the omnia as it can only go one-way so to speak. I've removed it in the next build release in favor of using User Customization to install my preferred apps B)

Guest conqueror
Thanks for the feedback B) As for the omnia clock, unless you're referring to the widget clock or unless there's a different clock program post-DXHJ1 firmware I'm not quite sure what omnia clock you're referring to as I haven't removed any clock program B) As for the theme, I'm trying to minimize it's integration to the ROM, what looks good for one person doesn't necessary apply to everyone. With all the space that's available, I'll just let the person add his/her personal touch B)

I beleive he meant this ones

post-246075-1226618875_thumb.png

post-246075-1226618894_thumb.png

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Ah. The clock is still there but somehow the shortcut is missing from the programs list B) Clicking on the clock display on the today 2 plugin brings up that clock. Looks like there's a provxml that's not being run. Thanks for pointing it out B)

Good idea; what is the way of put a picture of my girlfriend on Main Menu.

This should help you out: Customized Omnia Menu

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest arunachalam

I meant about this clock only.thank you conqueror and iTnKD414M.someremoved images and app parts available in previous Rom.This new rom Iam going to download.Paul mvp posted new rom with ie 6.the download is in progress.

Guest conqueror
Ah. The clock is still there but somehow the shortcut is missing from the programs list B) Clicking on the clock display on the today 2 plugin brings up that clock. Looks like there's a provxml that's not being run. Thanks for pointing it out B)

This should help you out: Customized Omnia Menu

Thanks; I've tried the customized Omnia Menu and it worked well.

May I ask you about how to change the opening theme and music. I understand that yoi've made it and you like it.

This ROM is very tasty indeed guys. Very fast B) and no hangs on any of my apps after about 3 hours of use. Had to go back to J9 B) but it is very nice. Lots of space. I only installed SK TOOLS, WISE BAR LITE and an Active Sync Kill app to the phone memory and everything else to the storage card. All my SK tweaks worked great to make it even faster too.

Guest gillestuur

Downloading now for flashing.. Curious.. B) Will M2D be the past?

p.s. Are you sure this one is better then the HJ9?

Edited by gillestuur

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Thanks; I've tried the customized Omnia Menu and it worked well.

May I ask you about how to change the opening theme and music. I understand that yoi've made it and you like it.

You're looking for Power(On|Off).wav and Ani_Power(on|off).gif Note that the omnia will only play the gif/wav until it has done whatever it is doing during boot/shutdown and will cut your your animated gif/wav short should should they take longer. If I recall correctly the phone displays the power on sequence for about ~8 seconds and the shutdown sequence for ~5 seconds.

p.s. Are you sure this one is better then the HJ9?

I don't know which one is better. I'm just comfortable in using the ROM that's meant for my country B)

Guest iTnkD4iAm
the theme option is not working in settings

can u plz look in dear

other wise the rom rocks

Thanks for pointing that out B) Looks like I've been overzealous in removing what I thought were unused images B) Here's a hotfix to restore them: echThemesHotfix.cab