►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Hi,

i also tried tomtom 7 on omnia with the registry change and deleting the two files. it did start to get gps fix in a minute or two.

But the same problem as mentioned in post 1. sometimes it works repeatedly but sometimes it wont.

u need to turn of and on the phone before it works. there is something bothering it. has someone been able to figure out ?

Why don't you use GPSProxy? I managed to change te ini-file of it so it will automatically open TomTom after it is started. I made a shortcut in SamsungToday 1 of GPSProxy so I will only have to press that shortcut and everything will start. So after I pressed that shortcut I have to wait 10 seconds max to navigate. Sattelites are found almost immediately. (2-3 seconds)

Good Luck!

Guest Junoman
Why don't you use GPSProxy? I managed to change te ini-file of it so it will automatically open TomTom after it is started. I made a shortcut in SamsungToday 1 of GPSProxy so I will only have to press that shortcut and everything will start. So after I pressed that shortcut I have to wait 10 seconds max to navigate. Sattelites are found almost immediately. (2-3 seconds)

Good Luck!

This is an alternative solution only!!! :rolleyes:

TomTom should work indipendantly and it designed do so. The problem is, the released versions are not compatible with Samsung omnia since it is mainly designed for HTC phones. You may notice that Samsung i900 omnia is not listed in TomTom's compatible phone list. We will have to wait and see how the next official version form TomTom.

There are number thrid party GPS enhance software availble to date. But these softwares consume/drain the battery lot.

J.

There are number thrid party GPS enhance software availble to date. But these softwares consume/drain the battery lot.

J.

Doesn't matter to me, I just use a carcharger. I tried IGO8 but it drove me nuts by their wrong sentences and the appearance of 3d is very lame. Also TT has a compass that I fiend very handy.

Guest savedid

Good Luck!

Thanks for guiding. i will try. but i still look forward to having it fixed.

as i said TT works fine and gets the fix in seconds. only problem is after 2, 3 or 4 times, it wont work n u have to soft reset.

someone genious could get that fixed i hope.

Guest gravityz

agreed

some igo8 voices are useless

i am from the netherlands and they made a voice called gonnieva which is perfect and sounds normal with normal sentences

igo8 also has a compass but i never use it.

3d is not high res because probably a lot of devices can not handle the power needed to animate this.

i think it is all a matter of taste

stick with tt if you ike it

hopefully there will be a solution for ther build in gps on the omnia

Doesn't matter to me, I just use a carcharger. I tried IGO8 but it drove me nuts by their wrong sentences and the appearance of 3d is very lame. Also TT has a compass that I fiend very handy.

Guest Junoman
agreed

some igo8 voices are useless

i am from the netherlands and they made a voice called gonnieva which is perfect and sounds normal with normal sentences

igo8 also has a compass but i never use it.

3d is not high res because probably a lot of devices can not handle the power needed to animate this.

i think it is all a matter of taste

stick with tt if you ike it

hopefully there will be a solution for ther build in gps on the omnia

Hopefully yes!!! I'm looking forward to it.

I agree with your comments. I have get used and more familiar with TT rather iGO8. But iGO is not bad navigater though.

I have both installed if in case.

Cheers'

J.

Guest savedid
Hi,

i also tried tomtom 7 on omnia with the registry change and deleting the two files. it did start to get gps fix in a minute or two.

But the same problem as mentioned in post 1. sometimes it works repeatedly but sometimes it wont.

u need to turn of and on the phone before it works. there is something bothering it. has someone been able to figure out ?

i belive someone would figure it out as we hav got so many geinous guys here?

• 5 months later...
Guest Junoman

TomTom Navigater 7 for WM is out!!

Browse here tTomTom official web. But you can't find Omnia on their compatibility list!!! ;) Shame really!! :D

Whether this is due to the poor GPD reception of omnia??? :o

Dilemaa???? :)

J.

• 4 months later...
Guest Junoman

NAVIGATOR 7 for Windows

• ERA MDA Vario IV
  • HTC P3470
  • HTC Touch Cruise
  • HTC Touch Cruise II
  • HTC Touch Diamond 2
  • HTC Touch HD
  • HTC Touch Pro
  • HTC Touch Pro 2
  • HTC TyTN II
  • O2 XDA Diamond Pro
  • O2 XDA Guide
  • O2 XDA Orbit 2
  • Orange HTC Touch Pro
  • Orange P4550
  • Samsung i900 Omnia
  • SFR HTC Touch HD
  • SFR HTC Touch Pro
  • Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
  • Swisscom HTC Touch Pro
  • Swisscom HTC Touch Pro 2
  • Swisscom XPA1615
  • T-Mobile MDA Vario III
  • T-Mobile MDA Vario IV
  • Vodafone HTC Touch Pro
  • Vodafone XPA1615

At last they have come with solution to our poor i900 omnia!!!

I found this reply from our Dude Secany in this threat! :D :D . I know most of us prefer TomTom navigator rather other ones. Therefore I hope he will help us soon! It will be great help for this coomunity. Looking forward to!! :)

Come on Secany, can't wait now!! :D

I'm using Tomtom 7 #9196 with Omnia, internal GPS, no addition software :D

Not as exciting as I first thought, the compatibility list only stretches to HTC devices...nothing new then :D

• 1 month later...
Guest leon0000

why don't you try GPS Mod Driver? It works for me, fix all problems for tomtom. Also, if you use Agps and select "only download when connect wifi", then everyday morning when you update weather information through wifi, it also download newest xtra file, it makes your I900 fix satellites less than 20 sec every time.

Guest Junoman

GPS Mod Driver (more info click here)

First I came to know this GPS Mod Driver nearly one and half months ago, but I could experiment it with the absence of my omnia. I got my omnia back into my hand (few ago) after sending to Samsung repair centre!! It works like a charm..!

GPS Mod driver helps to improve poor GPS reception of omnia. The credit should goes to original innovater and the latest version of this GPS Mod Driver found on this link.

Cheers

J.

Thank you very much for this too!

why don't you try GPS Mod Driver? It works for me, fix all problems for tomtom. Also, if you use Agps and select "only download when connect wifi", then everyday morning when you update weather information through wifi, it also download newest xtra file, it makes your I900 fix satellites less than 20 sec every time.

• 1 month later...
Guest Heintraag

Running TomTom 7.19 and with this registry fix is works! I chose the built-in gps in TomTom and under 10 seconds it has a perfect steady fix on at least 6 - 8 sats. Thanks!!

Guest ascot17
Running TomTom 7.19 and with this registry fix is works! I chose the built-in gps in TomTom and under 10 seconds it has a perfect steady fix on at least 6 - 8 sats. Thanks!!

+ 1 !!

I just tried these settings and when I run Garmin XT it crashes the phone immediately. Am I missing something?

Same thing here!! :D

UPDATE

I think I found the solution.

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0 <-shouldn't be 0 I put 5 myself and Garmin XT works like a charm now

THANK YOU A LOT JUNOMAN, MY NAVIGATION WORKS IN SECONDS EVEN INDOORS NOW WHICH WAS UNTHINKABLE BEFORE

Edited by Zarko

Guest slovenec88

UPDATE

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0 <-shouldn't be 0 I put 5 myself and Garmin XT works like a charm now

THANK YOU A LOT JUNOMAN, MY NAVIGATION WORKS IN SECONDS EVEN INDOORS NOW WHICH WAS UNTHINKABLE BEFORE

Thanks! Garmin crashes with 0..

Guest tingchung_chin

UPDATE

Great!!! working now :D