►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄
Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:10 AM
Hi Folks, I had been following this thread for some time however I am confused. I installed the GPSMod driver 3.4.3 onto my I8000 and installed the registry setting recommended by jh787. I encountered the following problem/observations:
Firstly I must mention that my Garmin XT have much better trackig response than before using default settings and drivers.
1) GPSMod driver is automatically installed to COM2, default driver is COM7.
2) I have to goto System/GPS/Connection setting to change the program com port to COM2 (I supposed so because the GPSmod Driver is assigned to COM2). Only then can I select COM2 for Garmin XT.
3) However I did noticed I have an new option of selecting GPS Intermediate Driver (not under serial port selection in Garmin XT). There were other threads or forums that said using GPS Intermediate Driver is a better option and also Garmin tends to bounce back to default COM7 if COM2 is selected.
4) My Nogarder (*#1472365#) cannot load any satellite maps and posn info anymore, just blank screen although the menu options are still there. No body seems to mention having this problem in the threads....I wondered where went wrong. I have no issue viewing satellites on Nogarder before the GPS Mod Driver installation.
5) I don't think I noticed have the GPS Intermediate Driver in my registry before install GPS Mod Driver 3.4.3--> Can any verify if this is the case?
Can anyone advise what is the best setup (fast satellite fixing and tracking) to use Garmin XT from the above? What is the difference between GPS Intermediate driver and GPS mod Driver 3.4.3?
I'm sorry I sounded mis-leading. The GPS intermediate driver or GPS Mod driver 3.4.3 worked very well for me. Except for GPS Mod Driver, Garmin XT keep switching back to default COM9 for GPS. Using GPS intermediate driver is fine.
I wanted to know which is the best configure for my garmin xt. GPS intermediate driver or GPS mod driver?
Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:16 PM
I bought i8000 ~year ago and with your help I have got also TomTom 7.910 working on it.
So I just registered to say THANK YOU.
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this topic is a advice for XTRA data.
I have also NoData installed as I don't have any data plan and don't want any data transfer to happen.
But still it's possible to get XTRA data updated everytime you connect to PC/ ActiveSync with USB cable (Bluetooth is a pain in the ass but it's another problem).
(My WinMo is not in English so this is guessed translation from Finnish)
Goto Settings - Network setting - GPS - XTRA
all selection should be greyish
Select Take XTRA-server in use
and also Load XTRA-data automatically
select When PC has ActiveSync-connection
as well Take SNTP-server in use
and press load XTRA-data
Under this you'll see the date to refresh
I don't even need to deselect these settings, NoData seems to do it, I just press OK and if I go to XTRA page again, "Take XTRA-server in use" is again unselected.
Very simple to do when loading e.g. photos to PC...
Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:48 PM
sorry but i am confused , which post contain the latest GPS parameter
Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:44 PM
So i tried this trick to fix that problem, but after that tweak i cant see any difference
As a result the main problem with weak GPS is still remaining...
Edited by hersos, 19 December 2011 - 07:44 PM.
Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:12 AM
The phone part is JJ1 and the others I can't say now, but I think they are JG5.
After flashing, the GPS is working fine.
It's not needed to change registry keys and neither use GPS Mod.
Easy and efficient !!!
Modded GPS driver for i90X and i78X series.(not for i8000 and i9000!!!) to work with most of gps software.
-no portsplitter needed;
-tomtom fix (option)
Edited by testando123, 23 December 2012 - 01:14 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users