- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jahd5000

jahd5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi! Im about to get a Xperia and, as many of you knwo, it has a WVGA screen.
I was wondering, how can you get to play -FULLSCREEN- any video there (movies....) if most movies come in a native 4:3 resolution, and so do coverters, (VGA, xqvga...)
I was thinking, maybe if you can just convert a movie and crop the black horizontal bars that make the movie be in landscape, or is there any DVD to PPC(vga, mp4 whatever) coverter that can work with/to that resolution....

Hope answers from Xperia users who already managed to watch movies in their devices happily XD

zenkinz

zenkinz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:motoq

Hi! Im about to get a Xperia and, as many of you knwo, it has a WVGA screen.
I was wondering, how can you get to play -FULLSCREEN- any video there (movies....) if most movies come in a native 4:3 resolution, and so do coverters, (VGA, xqvga...)
I was thinking, maybe if you can just convert a movie and crop the black horizontal bars that make the movie be in landscape, or is there any DVD to PPC(vga, mp4 whatever) coverter that can work with/to that resolution....

Hope answers from Xperia users who already managed to watch movies in their devices happily XD

well, not exactly wide screen playback, but I'm happy camper

artesea

artesea

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II
  • Twitter:@artesea
I've been using CorePlayer to watch the .avi files I have of TV and Film.
As almost all the TV shows are in 16:9 it looks amazing running on the phone using all the pixels available.
Some of the movies are a bit wider than 16:9 so there are still some black bars at the top and bottom, but then I like it that way.

melkenglas

melkenglas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey

After waiting a friking year I got it! I am so happy.

But I need to adress a problem of wich I hope some can help me.

Via the WLAN > opera > I go to youtube try to play a vid...But nothing happings except the notification can not make a connection to network.

Tried Explorer same story downloaded flaslite 3 nothing there.

I can internet so it must me so settings I am missing?

Help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users