first update in uk

Guest WILBUR

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Device update came in this morning - now on TC5 RC8 116470

Must look into numbering schema....my US unit is RC19 and the current US update is RC29...

Hmmm.

M.S

Guest Ghost_1
Must look into numbering schema....my US unit is RC19 and the current US update is RC29...

Hmmm.

M.S

Don't worry too much. I got confused when I noticed the numbering is different for the UK users. After a little research the UK users started with TC5 while the US users started with TC4. No one really sems to know why, but I'm going to take a guess as to the fact that the UK doesn't really use the 1700mhz spectrum that the US uses. So maybe the software and or hardware would reflect this. Although I'm just making the assumption so don't quote me on that. B) The other thing that confuses me is that I wanted a White G1 I was told it would be months before they were released in the use because of a manufacturing/build quality issue. . . so why is it that the UK got the white one and we have yet to still see it in the US? B)

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Don't worry too much. I got confused when I noticed the numbering is different for the UK users. After a little research the UK users started with TC5 while the US users started with TC4. No one really sems to know why, but I'm going to take a guess as to the fact that the UK doesn't really use the 1700mhz spectrum that the US uses. So maybe the software and or hardware would reflect this. Although I'm just making the assumption so don't quote me on that. B) The other thing that confuses me is that I wanted a White G1 I was told it would be months before they were released in the use because of a manufacturing/build quality issue. . . so why is it that the UK got the white one and we have yet to still see it in the US? B)

Yeah I'd heard that about the white g1's as I'm trying to get the $399 deal for a few friends from t-mob USA. Must be a different batch? I'd be interested in the seriel of a white ( or any) Uk G1 as the US models start with 'HT' meaning they are made in Taiwan. I would hazard a guess that maybe the Uk ones that are white start with 'SZ' and are made in China? Can anyone check?

Interestingly my US G1 has updated to TC4-RC30 - while in the UK (but on t-mobile) - which surprised me...

M.S