dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
There's some confusion here that I'd like to help with:
  • The files in question (animation gifs and sounds) are stored in the device ROM. They are not in Storage Memory.
  • Because of #1, it does not save any space to "overwrite" any of these files with a different one, with the same name. When you do that, what happens is the new file consumes some real Storage Memory, just as if you'd given it a different name, and the filesystem updates internal FS pointers to point to the file in SM.
  • This is why (#1) when you try and delete any of these files, reboot, and looks in \Windows they are still there. They can't be deleted -- they're in ROM.
  • Again because of #1, it is why some people can't find them; depending on the File Browser you are using, you have to tell it in settings to show files in ROM. I use Resco Explorer, and I have to do exactly this to see these files. I have to do this to see other files, like PowerCalc.exe. In fact, turning on ROM files loads \Windows with a bazillion files and makes it cumbersome to browse, so I leave this option off unless I have a specific need to see these files. I don't know if it is even possible to view the ROM files in the stock WM6 File Browser.
Bottom line: Replacing these images and/or sounds will use up some space, no matter what. Registry hack, or overwrite. If the registry hack works when pointed to a file in My Storage or on an external storage card, that would seem to be the way to go. I haven't tried it.

g4g0

g4g0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i900 WM6.5
  • Twitter:@h47b37d
How do you point to another file in another directory? I'm using the Windows7 startup anim but it's too slow, I'm thinking perhaps it's because the file is on the \Windows directory. Maybe it will improve if I use a file on My Doc's or somewhere else

beefee

beefee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

To Change Branded Startup and Shutdown animated images .
Since i dont whant to change the names of files or delete them i go trought registy

Monifications :

Find the fallow values

Registy  :

HKLM / System / State / Samsung / Phone / Ani
Change 6_All_Ani_Off
Of your service provider (my was portuguese TMN ) - Shutdown_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweroff.gif (Samsung default)
Change 6_All_Ani_On
Of your service provider (my was Portuguese TMN )- Startup_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweron.gif (Samsung Default )

In my case the default samsung animations are in windows folder , so you dont have to delete the olders and upload the new ones

RESUME REGISTY

HKLM / System / State / Samsung / Phone / Ani

6_All_Ani_Off - value - Ani_Poweroff.gif
6_All_Ani_On - value - Ani_Poweron.gif

thanks man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users