Screen sensivity problem solved!!!!

Guest kordi

Guest Mistergino
so while by logic we would expect that the center values would be equal, instead, by Samsung's default values they arent...Top Stuff!!

it should be so, but i think throu the process of installing the screen and the other components, the default values dont work anymore....

Guest buyukbang

Me too. I tried all, but mistasergio's settings are the best for my Omnia.

have been using mistasergio's numbers and things have been working great!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest msra6la2

Mine is:

(x,y) = (509,507); (161,887); (161,132); (852,132); (852,887)

the first set of (x,y) values can never be equal to each other. Simply because the x plaine and y plaine have different lengths and they are standardised to one measurement. However standardisation does not imply the central value are equal. I worked that one out on my cousin's HTC touch.

The above values are derived from my trials and errors approach I must have done it over 100 times (using my right index finger; the stylus that came with the phone, a pin, a pencil, an ink pen, a "used up" tipex etc....) since I got the phone. I hope it helps :(

Guest msra6la2
Mine is:

(x,y) = (509,507); (161,887); (161,132); (852,132); (852,887)

the first set of (x,y) values can never be equal to each other. Simply because the x plaine and y plaine have different lengths and they are standardised to one measurement. However standardisation does not imply the central value are equal. I worked that one out on my cousin's HTC touch.

The above values are derived from my trials and errors approach I must have done it over 100 times (using my right index finger; the stylus that came with the phone, a pin, a pencil, an ink pen, a "used up" tipex etc....) since I got the phone. I hope it helps :(

Guest Nomad76

My values are: 513,509 159,885 168,107 874,102 875,889

To check my alignment, I used a program called PDAcraft Paint. I peformed an alignment, then drew on the screen with PDAcraft paint to see how well the line matched with where I placed the stylus on the screen. I then realigned and offset where I touched the alignment cross hairs based upon what I saw in the paint program. Basically trial and error until I got good enough. Worked Wonders.

Edited by Nomad76

Guest sweetpiggy

HI,

My experience (on Italy):

after 4/5 Omnia's touchscreen i have this reponse:

there is 2 different hardware: the old hardware... is very bad

the new hardware is AWESOME.

i asked to samsung for change my touchscreen... after 15 days in Assistence Service, my Omnia have the SUPER-TOUCH.

it is fantastic.... i don't need any 'regedit trick' :(

if you want it.... ask to Samsung!B)

sorry form my badbadbadbad english. :P

Guest smilepak
HI,

My experience (on Italy):

after 4/5 Omnia's touchscreen i have this reponse:

there is 2 different hardware: the old hardware... is very bad

the new hardware is AWESOME.

i asked to samsung for change my touchscreen... after 15 days in Assistence Service, my Omnia have the SUPER-TOUCH.

it is fantastic.... i don't need any 'regedit trick' :(

if you want it.... ask to Samsung!B)

sorry form my badbadbadbad english. :P

That must be the differences between the original i900 released globally almost a year earlier vs Verizon i910 released a couple of months ago.

No matter how much they tweak it, I still think the sensor on the iphone and BB Storm is stil better.

Guest daskalos

Iphone touchscreen is different from Omnia...Iphone''s using capatitve touchscreen, that's why its responsive, Omnia and most devices uses resistive screens...A capatitive screen is more responsive (coz it only requires a light touch of skin) but resistive screens have high accuracy and usability (eg. you can use it with stylus,fingers,pen etc. while resistive can only be used with fingers).

So there's really no need to compare Iphone and Omnia touchscreen, coz hardware wise they are completely different... so no matter how many tweaks purge Omnia, it will never be as responsive as Iphone...

It's better to discuss the pros and cons of a resistive and a capatitive touchscreens or just compare Omnia with othe devices that also uses Resistive touchscreens...

Guest d1mitrov

lol i did it but there is no way you can actually say if it works better...i think we are just telling ourselves that it is lol.

anyways if you decide to do it use a mechanical pencil, works pretty good.

Guest new2city
lol i did it but there is no way you can actually say if it works better...i think we are just telling ourselves that it is lol.

anyways if you decide to do it use a mechanical pencil, works pretty good.

My wife, just bought a touch pro and it is a hell of a lot better. must be software!!!

I haven't check lately but anyone got the 3rd party(not HTCs) touchflo working on their omnia?

Guest sweetpiggy
Iphone touchscreen is different from Omnia...Iphone''s using capatitve touchscreen, that's why its responsive, Omnia and most devices uses resistive screens...A capatitive screen is more responsive (coz it only requires a light touch of skin) but resistive screens have high accuracy and usability (eg. you can use it with stylus,fingers,pen etc. while resistive can only be used with fingers).

So there's really no need to compare Iphone and Omnia touchscreen, coz hardware wise they are completely different... so no matter how many tweaks purge Omnia, it will never be as responsive as Iphone...

It's better to discuss the pros and cons of a resistive and a capatitive touchscreens or just compare Omnia with othe devices that also uses Resistive touchscreens...

yes... i agree.

iphone have different hardware... isn't possible to campare it with Omnia/diamond/HD/BB strom etc...

with new touchpanel i don't need any capatitive screen :( B)

Edited by sweetpiggy

Guest Michael122w

I just bought a new screen protector and it has made a huge difference. I have to admit my first one was really cheap - well the cheapest I could get on ebay. The new ones were a little more expensive (scratch resistant and thinner) but it has massively improved my screen responsiveness.

Guest xPosTech
I just bought a new screen protector and it has made a huge difference. I have to admit my first one was really cheap - well the cheapest I could get on ebay. The new ones were a little more expensive (scratch resistant and thinner) but it has massively improved my screen responsiveness.

Well what kind did you buy?

The invisible Shield I ordered has been shipped. I'm having second thoughts using adhesive on a screen protector, even though it's warranted for life. :( I'm gonna assume the warranty covers the protector, not the screen. B)

Thoughts? Anybody using the invisiShield screen protector? Did it improve the responsiveness?

Ted

I'm having second thoughts using adhesive on a screen protector, even though it's warranted for life. :( I'm gonna assume the warranty covers the protector, not the screen. B)

It's not an adhesive but some sort of lubricant that evaporates and helps you to place the shield on and take out all the bubles.

I use invisible shield for my back and my brother uses one on his whole phone and i like it. It's sturdy and it'seasy to place. But i don't like it on my screen because it's too rubbery. I use martin fields for that.

Guest Michael122w
Well what kind did you buy?

The invisible Shield I ordered has been shipped. I'm having second thoughts using adhesive on a screen protector, even though it's warranted for life. :( I'm gonna assume the warranty covers the protector, not the screen. B)

Thoughts? Anybody using the invisiShield screen protector? Did it improve the responsiveness?

Ted

I will find a linke to the ebay item.

I found invisiShield to be really bad on the screen - I removed it really quickly. The extra "grip" provided by the invisiShield feels terrible and caused my finger to stutter accross the scree. It was good on the back of the phone - but became badly discoloured after a few months and looked terrible (I have a while Omnia). So invisShield is gone from my phone :P

Guest xPosTech

Thanks to you both. That eases my reservations a little. I have also heard that the rubbery feel to the screen will wear off after a period of time.

It took over a year for my VX8600 to start showing signs of wear. Hopefully the Shield will prevent even this.

Thanks again.

Ted

Guest msra6la2
yes... i agree.

iphone have different hardware... isn't possible to campare it with Omnia/diamond/HD/BB strom etc...

with new touchpanel i don't need any capatitive screen :( B)

What hardware have they changed? cos I wanna change mine too, it's quite s*** at the moment

Guest sweetpiggy
What hardware have they changed? cos I wanna change mine too, it's quite s*** at the moment

the touch screen hardware.

when my omnia came back from samsung assistence it had a new touch screen; this new work very well, it's perfect reponse to touch :( .

p.s. i have a invisible shield too, there is no big problema whit reponse of touch... there is only some 'grip increase', after some days, this isn't a problem.

bye

sorry for my english:D

edit:

there is a video with comparation of new and old hardware:

LINK

if i can't post a youtube link.... apologise.... mod, delete it. bye

Edited by sweetpiggy

Guest 3shirts
the touch screen hardware.

when my omnia came back from samsung assistence it had a new touch screen; this new work very well, it's perfect reponse to touch :( .

p.s. i have a invisible shield too, there is no big problema whit reponse of touch... there is only some 'grip increase', after some days, this isn't a problem.

bye

sorry for my english:D

edit:

there is a video with comparation of new and old hardware:

LINK

if i can't post a youtube link.... apologise.... mod, delete it. bye

How did you convince them to replace it? What did you say was the problem

Guest sweetpiggy
How did you convince them to replace it? What did you say was the problem

i say them:

screen sensitivity of my Omnia is veryveryvery bad;

i have to do many pressure on the touchscreen, this pressure cause: color changement of LCD at my pressure.

is better if you have the last official ROM and any screenprotector, because, Samsung could say: 'you have to update your rom; the problem is your screenprotection; you have to do Hard reset.....'

sorry for my english, i write this in italian too, if anyone can... traduce it 'better' than me.

ITALIAN

'Ho detto: il touchscreen del mio Omnia è davvero pessimo: per far recepire il comando è necessaria una forte pressione o l'uso dell'unghia; questa pressione provoca uno 'sfarfallamento' dei cristalli liquidi che, nel punto premuto assumono le colorazioni dell'arcobaleno :(.

tutto questo non mi sembra normale, ho provato altri Omnia e non ho riscontrato questo problema. Ho messo l'ultima rom ufficiale e fatto ripetuti hardreset e la situazione non è migliorata.

bye bye

Guest sid0101

So I guess I'll be reviving this thread.

For those that have changed the Click and UpDown registry change - have you experimented with the values? Does increasing or decreasing make sensitivity better?

IMHO - I think lowering the values for each makes the sensitivity better.

Guest lantony
I will find a linke to the ebay item.

I found invisiShield to be really bad on the screen - I removed it really quickly. The extra "grip" provided by the invisiShield feels terrible and caused my finger to stutter accross the scree. It was good on the back of the phone - but became badly discoloured after a few months and looked terrible (I have a while Omnia). So invisShield is gone from my phone :(

Hi there, could you please tell me the name of the protector you bought? I have Invisible shield on my omnia because everybody said it's the best, but i really don't like the grip sensation. Sometimes is really difficult to move the finger on the screen for the gestures.

Is the one you bought scretch proof too?

Thanks !

Guest sweetpiggy
Hi there, could you please tell me the name of the protector you bought? I have Invisible shield on my omnia because everybody said it's the best, but i really don't like the grip sensation. Sometimes is really difficult to move the finger on the screen for the gestures.

Is the one you bought scretch proof too?

Thanks !

hi lantony :(

wellcome :P

you don't like I.S.?!:D

A.C. B)