rom 3.10 for Ubiquio 503g

Guest DiogoF

Hi

I noticed in youtube and other blog that exists a rom 3.10 for 503g...in the videos the girl says that it really improves the use and speed of the 503g.

I tried to find this 3.10 release and I can´t find it anywhere...Paul do you know anything about this and where to find this rom to download?

I already asked this too in the expansys "support" forum...it´s really unbelievable that expansys is still selling 503g and doesn´t get a download link for this or other files that could help users and could fix many issues.

Thanks

Diogo

Hi

I noticed in youtube and other blog that exists a rom 3.10 for 503g...in the videos the girl says that it really improves the use and speed of the 503g.

I tried to find this 3.10 release and I can´t find it anywhere...Paul do you know anything about this and where to find this rom to download?

I already asked this too in the expansys "support" forum...it´s really unbelievable that expansys is still selling 503g and doesn´t get a download link for this or other files that could help users and could fix many issues.

Thanks

Diogo

I too would be interested in it if some kind soul could guide us through the mysterious ways of the Internet.

I too have seen lulugirl's video on youtube.

I, for one, like to extend the life of my equipment to the limit, even more so in these tough times of recession and it makes ecological sense!

I've also discovered (maybe not news to anybody but me) that this pda/phone is manufactured by Techfaith under the name Perai-H or Perai-850. But I cannot find a rom for that one either.

Guest mactron

Here is the ROM http://sharebee.com/a4adfebb. You have to Download the 3.05 Updater and than replace the Flash.XDL . But be sure to have ROM 3.05 on your 503g or YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!

I got the ROM over the expansys site. IT'S NOT OFFICIAL AND UNSUPPORTED BY EXPANSYS.

Edited by mactron

• 5 weeks later...
Here is the ROM http://sharebee.com/a4adfebb. You have to Download the 3.05 Updater and than replace the Flash.XDL . But be sure to have ROM 3.05 on your 503g or YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!

I got the ROM over the expansys site. IT'S NOT OFFICIAL AND UNSUPPORTED BY EXPANSYS.

Anyone else tried installing this on their 503G? What are the advantages of this over the 3.05 version?

found a list of changes here. Think I'll give it a go! I'll also copy & paste them below:

1. Voice dial can be activated by pressing the BT headset button

2. Auto answer feature when the BT headset is connected has now been added

3. Removed function that WIFI will turn automatically by push mail where there is no GPRS available

4. Default input indication to "abc" in idle and call screens

5. 4GB SD card support as well as all the SD card fixes are included

6. Optimised WIFI power management

7. Camera Settings can be saved except environment & effect options

8. Fixed some radio bugs for Europe

9. "LED setting of new email doesn't take effect in sound & Notificaitons" fixed

10. Fixed the problem of deep sleep issue. This is a bug present in all 503Gs but very few have noticed it. With your current rom, it can be replicated as follows:

a. Enable sms sent notification

b. send an sms and as soon as you press sent press the power button to put the phone to sleep.

c. wait until you hear a beep and try to bring the phone out of sleep by pressing the power button. You will notice that the phone will not waik up unless you keep the power pressed for 5-6 seconds.

This bug also affects the ability to use repeading alarms programs such as phone alarm.

Edited by dwl99

Guest arby88

hello!!

please, what is the procedure for install the files of the new rom?

thank you in advance!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this. I had given up on this already and thinking of selling my 503g but this post has given me some hope.

I've downloaded and installed this new ROM but for my kind of use, this did not give me any noticeable improvement. Maybe I was expecting too much of it. Thought the new ROM would have freed up more memory for our use or give us a better bluetooth profile but, alas, no luck there.

Well, I am trying to figure how we decontruct ROMs for the Ubiquio 503g the way they do for the HTCs over at xda-developers.

Thanks for all the help given on sites like this.

Best regards,

Wovens