• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

georgie.charles

georgie.charles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario
My (replacement) Vario III makes an annoying noise when you open or close the keyboard (and thus switch to or from landscape mode), whether on purpose or accidentally. I had assumed you could switch this off somewhere in Sounds/Notifications, but can't find it in the list of notifications. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Thanks

hotphil

hotphil

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Twitter:@_phil_kingston
In Start>Settings you should have a Sliding Sound item...? It has to be the most pointless annoying thing ever. Especially coupled with the worst sound they could find for that action.

georgie.charles

georgie.charles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

In Start>Settings you should have a Sliding Sound item...? It has to be the most pointless annoying thing ever. Especially coupled with the worst sound they could find for that action.

No such setting unfortunately. If it was that simple....

andrewkeith5

andrewkeith5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Devices:Vario III, Nokia 5300
hmm....well it should be that simple ;P

if it helps, you could try and find a file manager that'll let you delete things from the windows folder, and delete the in_0, out_0, in_1, etc....sounds from the \Windows folder....i think these are those stupid sounds

Aston University 2008/9 - Marketing - WOO :D

HTC Kaiser (T-Mo MDA V3 branded) - TLR 6.1 ROM, 2GB MicroSD, iGo 8 on a 515MB MicroSD, T-Mobile FlexT 25 + Web 'n' Walk Standard
Acer Aspire Gemstone Blue 6920G - Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz, 3GB PC2-6400, 200GB HDD, ATi Radeon HD3650 512MB, Dolby Virtual Surround + True5.1 Output, Blu-Ray, HDMI, Fingerprint Recognition, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, Office 2007 Pro Plus with Onenote 2007

I know what I'm doing, I'm just not doing it :)

georgie.charles

georgie.charles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

hmm....well it should be that simple ;P

if it helps, you could try and find a file manager that'll let you delete things from the windows folder, and delete the in_0, out_0, in_1, etc....sounds from the \Windows folder....i think these are those stupid sounds

That sounds potentially helpful. I can't find those files in the \Windows folder, perhaps they're in a sub-folder? But if anyone can explain where they are and how to get rid of them, I'd be most grateful.

pdtp

pdtp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Devices:Cingular Tilt

No such setting unfortunately. If it was that simple....

if you dont have that setting you will need to edit the registry,

HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound

change SlidingSoundEffect from 1 to 0

otherwise get a new rom with that setting

-PDTP
Cingular Tilt (HTC Kaiser)
2gig Micro SD
CID unlocked
Dutty's 2k8 Rom [DualTouch v2 & v3 Final Rom]
Previous:
SPV original
SPV E200