Death of my TYTNII

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

hi folks!

i managed to drop my kaiser today (happened a few times before, if i'm honest!), but this time, the battery cover and battery came loose. on reconstructing the bits, my phone will now not turn on at all. B)

sometimes the little green light to the left of the earpiece comes on, but i get nothing from the screen.

i can load it into bootloader, it would seem, by pressing the camera button and power button together, but then it just stays on the tricolor screen and does NOTHING.

anyone have any bright ideas on how to fix this? is it properly knackered and requiring an orangecare replacement? would't necessarily be a bad thing, but i have updated the ROM so should ideally change this back to original before sending back to orange (but can't obviously), and is huge faff reinstalling all my apps and changing the licenses (though sashimi should help with this this time B))

Also looking at the new Touch HD - saw one in orange shop today (AFTER the breakage!) and it is lovely! but i think i have become rather attached to my keyboard now...? they only want 175GBP + VAT for early upgrade and i might be able to get close to that for a new kaiser on ebay...

please help!!

Edited by dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

my new touch HD should be with me on wednesday morning! it cost me 150GBP upgrade fee and 49.99 for the phone. (the orange.co.uk website are currently showing the phone as 129.99 on my plan... but others are doing far better deals)

my shiney, wrapped kaiser will be on ebay shortly...

thanks for the advice.

dr_nick

Edited by dr_nick