Omnia Bootloader problem

Guest riz.cma

Guest riz.cma

Hi, I recently got my Omnia from Vodafone and had the below ROM versions:

PDA: i900XXHH1/ACHH1

Phone: i900BUHG5

I was having problems of getting the phone freeze and auto call pickup. So i upgraded my ROM to below version:

PDA: i900DXHH3/DXHH3

With this ROM the above problems have gone but now the battery life has significantly decreased and the touch sensitivity has degraded.

Now when i try to update with any ROM version(even with HH3 again) i am unable to do this. Although the phone is connected and activesync 4.5 installed along with Samsung XP Modem drivers but no application recognizes its bootloader(I get an error in XP that the USB device has malfunctioned and windows is unable to recognise it). I have tried almost every updater and even tried the GrandPrix updater as well. But the update process is always "Waiting for the device" even i reset the phone and instead of stopping at Samsung Omnia logo the phone boots normally.

What can i do? Anyone out there please help. I hope I will be able to update my phone again with your help. Cheers

Guest pdaphonemaster

I was having problems of getting the phone freeze and auto call pickup. So i upgraded my ROM to below version:

With this ROM the above problems have gone but now the battery life has significantly decreased and the touch sensitivity has degraded.

Now when i try to update with any ROM version(even with HH3 again) i am unable to do this. Although the phone is connected and activesync 4.5 installed along with Samsung XP Modem drivers but no application recognizes its bootloader(I get an error in XP that the USB device has malfunctioned and windows is unable to recognise it). I have tried almost every updater and even tried the GrandPrix updater as well. But the update process is always "Waiting for the device" even i reset the phone and instead of stopping at Samsung Omnia logo the phone boots normally.

What can i do? Anyone out there please help. I hope I will be able to update my phone again with your help. Cheers

It sounds like your problem lies with your PC. The USB stack is either corrupted or full. Alternatively, there might be a physical damage to your USB port.

If you have access to another pC, I suggest you use it to flash to another ROM. HJ1 version is stable with good battery life.

Guest riz.cma
It sounds like your problem lies with your PC. The USB stack is either corrupted or full. Alternatively, there might be a physical damage to your USB port.

If you have access to another pC, I suggest you use it to flash to another ROM. HJ1 version is stable with good battery life.

Hi, I have tried it on at least three PC's using XP on two and Vista on another but got the same error. So it doesn't seem to be the PC issue but an issue with the phone where no ROM updater is able to access the bootloader.

Edited by riz.cma

Guest fireflamer

where can i download samsung xp modem driver?

Guest bmn4711

I have exactly the same problem, I flashed my omnia into DJHJ9/LTE02 and I cant update it, windows don't recognizes my phone. If it is a bootloader error could I fix it?? Thanks