Official J1 Rom

Guest Zyxx

Hi,

Did anyone tried updating the official J1 update from samsung site without modem drivers? They remove it from the site and instructions, so I guess it isn't necessary anymore.

I am afraid to flash my omnia, because here we don't have any support(SC) because its imported!

I'am afraid drivers could cause incompatibility if the new update has the drivers inside.

Also, read in another post that the new updater flashes 5 files and wait 2 minutos to finish, is it an attempt to reduce bricks?

Thanks in advance!

Hi.

The new updater is actually one similar to the old updater, only wrapped in a self-extracting installer along with the modem driver. You can open the downloaded exe file with some archiving program (7-zip, winzip, winrar, etc) and see for yourself. I guess the driver is now being installed automatically when you start the updater.

As I'm in the same situation with the lack of support centers (it's not sold here yet), I installed the driver manually anyway before flashing, and everything went rather smoothly (I got a little worried when the phone turned off after the eboot phase and didn't turn on automatically. The updater told me to start the phone manually, and it worked).

So far I only flashed it once.

Edited by liads