Changing from vga (640x480) to 320x240 ?

Guest hotlips69

Guest hotlips69

As the topic title says, is there any way to change from vga (640x480) to 320x240 via any settings/preferences/registry hacks etc.. anywhere on the phone? confused.gif

I have some important software which only runs in 320x240 and currently occupies a fraction of the screen and the font is very small!

If I could find a way to change the resolution, my software would fill the whole screen as its supposed to and all will be good. rolleyes.gif

Anyone?

Guest Neil5459

The short answer is 'no' B)

The device screen is physically mapped to whatever its native resolution might be; most software will be able to scale the images/text/graphics to suit the screen resolution, but a few programs use bitmapped images which match the image to specific screen pixels. It sounds as it this is what your program is doing- if so I don't believe there is anything you can do to fix it, apart from ask thedeveloper if a VGA version or skin is available.

Guest hotlips69

I've been reading about a program called Real VGA which looks like it MAY do what I want.

Has anyone actually tried this on this phone (or maybe can try it for me) ?

Guest Neil5459

It isn't likely to work, as it is designed to enable vectored screens to show more information by altering the pixel block size.

Programs which are bitmapped, such as the one you wish to use will still only show in a small square, though with RealVGA this is likely to be 25% of it's current size if it displays at all B)

The small screen size of the Diamond/Touch Pro renders RealVGA a little useless, though it works well on larger screen devices.

I think your only option, if the program is central to your needs, is to revert to a QVGA device.