One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.
How to solve "Incorrect software version!"
First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start Settings System tab Your version of Omnia menu. )
My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9
Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1
Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5
What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:
1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.co...re-version-fix/ )
- Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
- With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
- Select 'Preconfiguration'
- Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
- Select 'UK', with the default Operator
- Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
- Run update, and all should be well.
- upload regedit.exe to phone
- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1
3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\
4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)
- open file in editor
- scroll to the end of file
- search up (or from end) for i900XX
- change the second result to i900DX
- save and exit
5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe .
6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).
BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.
BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.
I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).
Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Edited by mik3y, 03 January 2009 - 01:05 PM.