Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

here is my phone version :

mcr032.jpg

Change the phone to Singapore (see step 1) - backup all your data, including My Storage ... THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING!!!.

Change the version in the phone's registry from MCR03 to DZHH1 (you said in a previous post that you want to flash to DZHJ1).

Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

Hex edit UPDATE.exe - change i900DX to i900DT.

Install Samsung Modem.

Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe.

Change back to your country. (see step 1).

Also, before flashing, read the forum to learn more about the process - this may kill your phone.

Edited by mik3y

PDA: i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE: i900DXHJ1

Thanks

If you want to flash from DXHJ1 to MSHJ1 all you have to do is to follow what i did ... if still get "already the latest version " change the phone version to MSHH1 and try again.

I assume that you've done all the steps since you get "already the latest version".

Guest sumitescp

I have DTHJ9 from secany's rom research thread I changed reg to XXHG1 and HEX edited the second result from the bottom from XX to DT. BTW i am trying the latest UK rom any chance you can guide me? Something wrong mate.

Guest sumitescp

Even better I dont even need to change the rom to UK. But can you guide me how to get 3UK settings on the phone. Because I am owner of HTC TOUCH DIAMOND, PRO and HD they all auto pick up the priovider settings NOT THE OMNIA. I used to HAVE the offcial vodafone rom but it did not pickup that is why I upgraded. I actually like the omnia but it seems like i will have to sell it if i cant find the settings. I have tried manually but I have NO idea what I am doing. SORRY FOR BIGGGG POST

After hours of searching trough the internet i managed to figure out how to flash any ROM from Samsung official website http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.

How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu. )

My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9

Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1

Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5

What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:

1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from DXHJ1 to XXHG1 - to be inferior to XXHJ1, otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)

- open file in editor

- scroll to the end of file

- search up (or from end) for i900XX

- change the second result to i900DX

- save and exit

5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe B) .

6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).

BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.

BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.

I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).

Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The file for the UK official ROM is now called 'i900MSHJ1_updater_xp'. I could not find the values to change using Hex Editor. Could you help me out please.

i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1; PHONE:i900DXHJ1

The file for the UK official ROM is now called 'i900MSHJ1_updater_xp'. I could not find the values to change using Hex Editor. Could you help me out please.

i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1; PHONE:i900DXHJ1

Yes, open the file, leave it open and browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop. B)

Yes, open the file, leave it open and browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop. B)

There is no IXP000.TMP folder in my system. Is it because I saved the updater file directly into a folder?.

There is no IXP000.TMP folder in my system. Is it because I saved the updater file directly into a folder?.

Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files B)

Guest David Cher

does it mean by doing the below mentioned steps i will be able to use the official rom to update my phone from now on ?

Change the phone to Singapore (see step 1) - backup all your data, including My Storage ... THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING!!!.

Change the version in the phone's registry from MCR03 to DZHH1 (you said in a previous post that you want to flash to DZHJ1).

Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

Hex edit UPDATE.exe - change i900DX to i900DT.

Install Samsung Modem.

Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe.

Change back to your country. (see step 1).

Also, before flashing, read the forum to learn more about the process - this may kill your phone.

Guest jimy king

I have this version on my phone

version.gif

and wish to change to i900ACHJ2 but can't seem to do it. I have changed the region to uk and singapore but still no joy . Could you give me any pointers.

also tried it on

post-452215-1227614322_thumb.jpg

JIm

Edited by jimy king

Guest Dan1986

Hi there,

I currently have the following firmware: PDA: i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 Phone: i900DXHJ1. I am trying to upgrade to the Vodafone branded firmware (ACHJ2) but it keeps saying incorrect software version. I have followed the steps above but with no luck. Can someone please advise on what other steps I can take? Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi there,

I currently have the following firmware: PDA: i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 Phone: i900DXHJ1. I am trying to upgrade to the Vodafone branded firmware (ACHJ2) but it keeps saying incorrect software version. I have followed the steps above but with no luck. Can someone please advise on what other steps I can take? Thanks for your help in advance.

Tell me what changes you've made ...

Hello fresh noobie here. I've got a couple questions and would appreciate if someone can help....

I'm reading this with profound interest, especially since Verizon just announced (11/26) that they'll carry i900 this Xmas.Does that mean in the future when I'm in the US i can just use US official ROM for US 3G to work, and switch to singapore/UK official ROM when i'm in Europe?

Is the phone supported by Samsung after I flash it with an "official" ROM?

Ahhh can you help me?

I just cant update it.

Want to update to DXHJ1, my current version is:

i900XCHG5/DZHH1 (changed the custom)

i900XXHG5

I have changed the country to Philliphines and tried a lot of custom versions but its just giving me "Already newest version"

Any suggestion?

Ahhh can you help me?

I just cant update it.

Want to update to DXHJ1, my current version is:

i900XCHG5/DZHH1 (changed the custom)

i900XXHG5

I have changed the country to Philliphines and tried a lot of custom versions but its just giving me "Already newest version"

Any suggestion?

Yes, first change to Philippines (or skip if you've done it already) ... second change phone version, using reg edit, to DXHH1. Hex edit UPDATE.exe, and change i900XC to i900DX.

Read all warnings, flashing may kill your phone ...

Tell me if you succeed B).

Yes, first change to Philippines (or skip if you've done it already) ... second change phone version, using reg edit, to DXHH1. Hex edit UPDATE.exe, and change i900XC to i900DX.

Read all warnings, flashing may kill your phone ...

Tell me if you succeed B) .

I'm trying to update to DXHJ1, the update already comes with i900DX in the edit...

Already tried custom DXHH1, also tried hex editing the update.exe to i900XC... still nothing =(

I'm trying to update to DXHJ1, the update already comes with i900DX in the edit...

Already tried custom DXHH1, also tried hex editing the update.exe to i900XC... still nothing =(

Ok, hex edit UPDATE.exe and change i900DX to i900XC ... using reg edit change phone version to DXHG1 or DXHF1 ...

Guest bongola
It should be easy for you, first change the phone to UK (THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING!!!).

Second Change the version in the phone's registry (from ACHJ2 to XXHG1, XXHH1 or MSHH1)

Go to Samsung Website and take the UK version - enter MSHH1 to access the download page.

Install Samsung Modem and execute the UK firmware.

Hi mik3y,

10x for replay, but I don't know how to change the phone to UK.

1. Before my post I was flashed my phone to current version (ACHJ2).

This version I was downloaded from official Samsung website.

Only this version was worked for my phone. Just I started "i900ACHJ2_updater_xp.EXE" and that's all. Flash completed successfully, but with new Voda ROM. All another version get "Incorrect software version".

Whether I have a problem if I try to change Voda ROM with NOVoda ROM??? and which is the best ROM version?

Thanks in advance

Hi mik3y,

10x for replay, but I don't know how to change the phone to UK.

1. Before my post I was flashed my phone to current version (ACHJ2).

This version I was downloaded from official Samsung website.

Only this version was worked for my phone. Just I started "i900ACHJ2_updater_xp.EXE" and that's all. Flash completed successfully, but with new Voda ROM. All another version get "Incorrect software version".

Whether I have a problem if I try to change Voda ROM with NOVoda ROM??? and which is the best ROM version?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Read my first post and follow all the steps, changing the phone to UK is also there ...

I can't tell you witch is the best ROM ... I'm using DXHJ1, and in my opinion, is the best from all I've tested ...

Guest bongola
Hi

Read my first post and follow all the steps, changing the phone to UK is also there ...

I can't tell you witch is the best ROM ... I'm using DXHJ1, and in my opinion, is the best from all I've tested ...

Sorry but this don't work on my phone:1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

Will be a problem if you skip this step?

Many thanks for the support. B)

Sorry but this don't work on my phone:1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

Will be a problem if you skip this step?

Many thanks for the support. B)

Yes, you'll get incorrect version ... What happens when you try to dial *#1546792*#?