I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but I noticed (bongolo seemed to have a similar problem).
I have a vodafone omnia but would like to get rid of all the vodafone branding and get back all the things they have removed.
I am new to flashing. The only thing that I have done is use the samsung official upgrader on their website to get the latest version but it is still vodafone.
I was wondering if there is any simple way of doing this and upgrading to to the official samsung version but not vodafone branded?
If so how do I go about doing this?
My current version details are:
Let me know if I should be providing any further information.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Ps: would changing to a debranded version affect my warranty with samsung?)
I don't know any other way to do this ... BACKUP FIRST (Including My Storage)!!!
Install Samsung modem driver!!!
To change to DXHJ1 you should:
1. Go to Samsung website, chose Philippines and download the firmware.
2. Change the phone to Philippines (see step 1) - after reboot don't enter SIM pin or discard the message to change to your local operator.
3. Change the version in the phone's registry to DXHH1 (see step 2).
4. Extract UPDATE.EXE (see step 3).
5. Hex edit UPDATE.EXE ... search for i900DX and change it to i900XX
6. Update the phone.
7. Change back to your country.
Flashing may kill your phone ...
Let me know if you succeed or if you have any questions/problems