UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

WE NEED URGENT ASSISTANT FROM THE MASTER!

we have the cdma version of the i900, but the GPS is locked!!

does anyone know how to unlock it???

ALSO

we need roms!! B)

HELP!! B)

ALSO

we need roms!! B)

HELP!! B)

screen shots?

Guest FireMedic92
screen shots?

That's the problem, they REMOVED the External GPS icon from the system menu. The Intermediate GPS port doesn't connect to the internal GPS (0 satellites found). Verizon did it so 'no unauthorized apps could potential corrupt their customers' phones' or some nonsense likse that. They just wanna charge $10/mth for they Verizon Navigator crap. My BT GPS works great but we don't wanna carry them around with us everywhere we go B)

PLEEEEEEEASE HELP US VERIZON i910 GUYS!

also, we are able to now get the GPS settings icon to appear in settings B)

it just apparently is not giving us a GPS satelite lock.

starting to get nervous that the receiver chip is actually not present on the device B)

also, we are able to now get the GPS settings icon to appear in settings B)

it just apparently is not giving us a GPS satelite lock.

starting to get nervous that the receiver chip is actually not present on the device B)

well, i beleive ya, thats why they use VZNav instead built-in chips..... k, here's what im gonna ask u first... on i900 there r 2 diff GPS settings enhanced gps and external gps, which one showed up? what program have u tried to get GPS signal? however, if the chip is not in the device, there is no way can get real GPS signal and if that is every important to u or u guys B) , VZW has 14 days return and $$$$ back policy.

check the registry to see if these settings r there http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...t-xtra-enabled/

Guest Junoman

ALSO

we need roms!! B)

HELP!! B)

You can have plenty of Roms HERE!!

Enjoy.

J.

You can have plenty of Roms HERE!!

Enjoy.

J.

HEAVEN!!

only if someone knows that those ROMS will work on the I910...considering they were based off of the I900...

could someone confirm this?

External GPS shows up in the settings i know so far...

i will have mine tomorrow at 10am est USA and can let u know, the program im going to use and NEED to work (in order for me to keep it) is windows live search.

Edited by aleis

HEAVEN!!

only if someone knows that those ROMS will work on the I910...considering they were based off of the I900...

i will have mine tomorrow at 10am est USA and can let u know, the program im going to use and NEED to work (in order for me to keep it) is windows live search.

seriousely, do NOT download any of those ROMs. it will brick ur phone. since we r not sure wether ur i910 got gps chip or not, what are 3 original settings in the external GPS options and u should be able to see > programs COM 3 > hardware COM9,baud rate 4800 > manage gps automatically.......thats the factory settings i got on my i900. if u r using live search, go to live search setting, u'll see the gps setting is COM 0, tap the left arrow 2 times and set to the GPS intermediate driver.

seriousely, do NOT download any of those ROMs. it will brick ur phone. since we r not sure wether ur i910 got gps chip or not, what are 3 original settings in the external GPS options and u should be able to see > programs COM 3 > hardware COM9,baud rate 4800 > manage gps automatically.......thats the factory settings i got on my i900. if u r using live search, go to live search setting, u'll see the gps setting is COM 0, tap the left arrow 2 times and set to the GPS intermediate driver.

i figured as much on the ROMS but thanks B)

please check tomorrow 11am est 11/28/08 and i will let you know of the settings.

also, do u think that by having the external gps icon that we definitely have the GPS hardware in the phone?

Guest FireMedic92

please check tomorrow 11am est 11/28/08 and i will let you know of the settings.

also, do u think that by having the external gps icon that we definitely have the GPS hardware in the phone?

I'm here with ya' chizzy...hey guys, can we just get the exported WinMo GPS values from the i900 working GPS and if, presumably, the hardware is the same, can't those registry keys just be imported into the i910?? I'm probably thinking of this WAY too simply.

Guest Junoman
HEAVEN!!

I'm not quite sure but not woth you while to take any risk!!

Some topis on GPS are disscussed here and here. Hope this will help.

Cheers'

J.

well, i've got good news for ya....or not B) . it seems to me like the i910 actually has buit-in GPS reciever,

per http://samsungmobileusa.com/Omnia.aspx. however, VZW is very hush about this on thier site, only VZnav was mentioned. dont know why, but when u get ur hands on ur new toy, take a good look under the skin by using some registry tools.

HKLM>system>currentcontrolset>GPS intermediate driver, open up driver folder and there are some datas in there. let me know, when u have them.

Guest d3adpix3l
well, i've got good news for ya....or not B) . it seems to me like the i910 actually has buit-in GPS reciever,

per http://samsungmobileusa.com/Omnia.aspx. however, VZW is very hush about this on thier site, only VZnav was mentioned. dont know why, but when u get ur hands on ur new toy, take a good look under the skin by using some registry tools.

HKLM>system>currentcontrolset>GPS intermediate driver, open up driver folder and there are some datas in there. let me know, when u have them.

What do you suggest for registry editing? I have Sktools which I believe has a registry editor.

Guest phantomguy1

I am getting mine tomorrow morning too... bad news is Im getting it where I work so I wont be able to "play" with it fully until I get off of work. I cant wait to see if the programs all work that Ive downloaded onto my mem card. I will come back to this forum tomorrow to check any updates!

ok, today i received the phone and immediately got to the gps. i loaded gpstoggle, http://www.baf.cc/gpstoggle and windows live search.

i also made the gps icon appear in settings.

when i tried to connect with windows live search it said "Connecting to GPS..." then "Getting GPS position"

i remember when we were trying to unlock the XV6800 htc we would get "Connecting to GPS" then an error saying that the GPS receiver could not be located.

once they release the new radio with GPS in windows live search we got "Connecting to GPS..." then "Getting GPS position" then the red arrow would appear showing your GPS location.

the i910 just doesnt get a lock or connect to any satelites.

i did notice a few registry differences on the omnia, it has almost everything as the xv6800 in gps intermediate driver except this one GPSID???.DLL file (my mom wanted the XV6800 so she has it now....).

i will post tomorrow with that info but if the above info can help any of you geniuses here PLEASE HELP US!

Guest kendubya

Been lurking for a day or so. Great to find a source for tweaking in that I should be getting my omnia from vzw on wednesday. I'll be hapy to test stuff and report back. I've got til 1/15 (special holiday return extension) to see if this will be the device for me. VZW crapped out the Touch Pro. It doesnt seem they did much to gimp this device out, thought the front camera would have been nice.

Guest mrrowdyman

Keep rocking the research! I'll have my omnia from Verizon on Tuesday and can't stand the thought of paying an extra $10 / month for hardware that I already bought.

Guest bwonish

For those of us that found this post after finding the new roms on another post first, can someone post a working verizon ROM that i can use to take my phone back to factory settings (along with a way to upload the new rom - it is getting close to christmas, so hopefully it won't hurt to ask)?

Edited by bwonish

Guest mobidutch
Been lurking for a day or so. Great to find a source for tweaking in that I should be getting my omnia from vzw on wednesday. I'll be hapy to test stuff and report back. I've got til 1/15 (special holiday return extension) to see if this will be the device for me. VZW crapped out the Touch Pro. It doesnt seem they did much to gimp this device out, thought the front camera would have been nice.

Front camera is of little use on CDMA devices, as CDMA networks can't carry voice and data simultaneously. But agreed...VZW left this phone relatively "untouched" compared to the Touch Pro. A little more RAM would have been nice though.

Edited by mobidutch

OK, so re: the GPS problem, install this - http://www.modaco.com/content/smartphone-s...-on-smartphone/ - (yes it's for Smartphone but it'll work), leave the hardware port as nothing and choose a program port of COM4.

Reboot, then try the GPS...

P

thanks dude! B)

i`ll load in about 2hours and can report back then....

i`ll be sneaking around at work this morning i can feel it! B)

Guest hatchback19

Hi,

Im new to the boards but finding quite a bit of usefull information! I'm in the US and just recieved my Omnia several days ago from Verizon also. I'm on the same quest to unlock the GPS. If you have any luck let me know, I tried it with the GPSID program but iGuidance (the program im using) and GoogleMapsGPS couldn't find the GPS signal so I'm at an impass as of now. I'm still searching also.

i too have downloaded it and installed it. i get the same "seeking GPS satellites (0)..." as i did before.

the GPSID settings are:

Program Port:

COM8 (and i tried COM4)

Hardware Port:

(none)

Baud Rate:

Manage auto: checked

...please help... this is the best phone ever, but GPS would be nice

Edited by 696M24