RotationService - Version 1.7.4

Guest qbus

Guest Magpie2000k

HELLLLLLPPPP

am I going mad guys.

I have edited the 00config.001 file

when I recompress the file with winrar it makes a rar file that is smaller than the origional CAB. however the unpacked size is the same.

I rename the rar file .CAB and still same. what am I doing wrong guys just wanted to add MobileSell.exe in so thought I had this cracked

Guest Michael122w
HELLLLLLPPPP

am I going mad guys.

I have edited the 00config.001 file

when I recompress the file with winrar it makes a rar file that is smaller than the origional CAB. however the unpacked size is the same.

I rename the rar file .CAB and still same. what am I doing wrong guys just wanted to add MobileSell.exe in so thought I had this cracked

Hi magpie -

I think you are making this more complex than it is. Just install the (orig) .CAB. Then navigate to the \Program Files\Rotation Service directory on your phone and edit a file in that directory called config.xml - a little easier thatn hacking cab files!

Michael

Guest Magpie2000k
Hi magpie -

I think you are making this more complex than it is. Just install the (orig) .CAB. Then navigate to the \Program Files\Rotation Service directory on your phone and edit a file in that directory called config.xml - a little easier thatn hacking cab files!

Michael

Cheers mate thanks a lot

thought I was going mad

Hi, man! Thx again for your great work!

one thing I want to mention here is that once a full-screen program which is not compatible to be rotated is lauched, the rotationservice always goes wrong.

Is there any code improvement can be made that can the rotationservice just automatically ignore those full-screen program, or should we set it ourselves?

Hi, man! Thx again for your great work!

one thing I want to mention here is that once a full-screen program which is not compatible to be rotated is lauched, the rotationservice always goes wrong.

Is there any code improvement can be made that can the rotationservice just automatically ignore those full-screen program, or should we set it ourselves?

As a temporary solution you can add this program to blacklist.

BTW - What is this program and what do you mean by "always goes wrong"?

As a temporary solution you can add this program to blacklist.

BTW - What is this program and what do you mean by "always goes wrong"?

Sorry for my poor English.

The pocketbreeze which can have other today plugin built in always goes wrong with the rotationservice.

so I simply remove the today model in the xml.

Guest Michael122w

Hi Qbus! Latest release is really sweet - I have found it to be extremely stable. I was using it to toggle between Samsung Today 1 and 2 B) no crashes and just super control over rotation. Great work.

Looking forward to the next version.

Hi Qbus! Latest release is really sweet - I have found it to be extremely stable. I was using it to toggle between Samsung Today 1 and 2 B) no crashes and just super control over rotation. Great work.

Looking forward to the next version.

I've updated the attachment in first post to newest 1.0.5 version. This one does not introduce any new features (except small control application), just fixes some small bugs which I've catched while using it by myself B).

Edited by qbus

Guest doenormaal

Got a problem with my Widgets since i use RotationService.

When is start my Omnia, i get an error. Samsung widget isnt compatible with other Today items. I only use the widgets, dont have other items selected on Today.

Error came since first soft reset after installing RotationService.

Anyone got the same error?

Got a problem with my Widgets since i use RotationService.

When is start my Omnia, i get an error. Samsung widget isnt compatible with other Today items. I only use the widgets, dont have other items selected on Today.

Error came since first soft reset after installing RotationService.

Anyone got the same error?

This is becouse of RotationService is trying to enable/disable today plugins and Samsung Widget has to be as the one and only today addon enabled.

Try to edit config.xml and remove lines XXX from sections (and restart application after that).

Guest 3shirts

This is a great app. I use Manilla so even just having something that stops the main app rotating while allowing all others is great. I now have a list of other apps that I have disabled rotation on and it makes things so much slicker.

Thanks for your great work. I think the only thing that would improve this is a config app.

This is a great app. I use Manilla so even just having something that stops the main app rotating while allowing all others is great. I now have a list of other apps that I have disabled rotation on and it makes things so much slicker.

Thanks for your great work. I think the only thing that would improve this is a config app.

Yeah - I'm planning to implement convinient way of application configuration using normal PocketPC application.

hi love this app, need some help here, need to stop the dial pad screen from rotating and want to know what the program .exe for the dialpad, call screen is thanks

hi love this app, need some help here, need to stop the dial pad screen from rotating and want to know what the program .exe for the dialpad, call screen is thanks

I didn't check if it works but the process for dial pad is called cprog.exe

Guest lfotiou

The last version is very stable. Thanks for your effort. I've been using it with manilla2d an i need the process name for htc album. I can't include it in the white list. Can you please help me?

Guest zagzag99
The last version is very stable. T

Yet very sensitive to xml config... I had a problem with some unix whitespaces.

Caused a NullPointerException

Edited again and it seems to work (touch wood)

Edited by zagzag99

The last version is very stable. Thanks for your effort. I've been using it with manilla2d an i need the process name for htc album. I can't include it in the white list. Can you please help me?

I've updated the first post with instruction how to get the process name.

Yet very sensitive to xml config... I had a problem with some unix whitespaces.

Caused a NullPointerException

Edited again and it seems to work (touch wood)

Yeah - configuration is currently the weakest part of application :rolleyes:.

I'll try to change it to be more user-friendly in the near feature.

Guest errtu111

Hey Qbus,

Thanks for your App, I have been using it for some time, and I find it very useful.

However, lately I found a problem, but, let's start from my config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 

<!-- All  names are CASE-SENSITIVE -->

<RotationService>

<!-- Processes which have auto rotation feature disabled -->

<DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

<Process>Manila2D.exe</Process>

<Process>shell32.exe</Process>

</DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

</RotationService>

Unfortunatelly, when I activate Camera, and move my mobile to horizontal position Camera freezes. So it seems that is not compatible with Camera with such settings? Are they wrong, or is there a Bug?

And of course, I have checked, the reason why camera freezes is RotationService.

Edited by errtu111

Hey Qbus,

Thanks for your App, I have been using it for some time, and I find it very useful.

However, lately I found a problem, but, let's start from my config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 

<!-- All  names are CASE-SENSITIVE -->

<RotationService>

<!-- Processes which have auto rotation feature disabled -->

<DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

<Process>Manila2D.exe</Process>

<Process>shell32.exe</Process>

</DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

</RotationService>

Unfortunatelly, when I activate Camera, and move my mobile to horizontal position Camera freezes. So it seems that is not compatible with Camera with such settings? Are they wrong, or is there a Bug?

And of course, I have checked, the reason why camera freezes is RotationService.

This is probably becouse Camera is designed to work only in Landscape mode (no way to change it).

Try to add "Camera.exe" ("C" uppercased) to and restart service...

Guest errtu111
This is probably becouse Camera is designed to work only in Landscape mode (no way to change it).

Try to add "Camera.exe" ("C" uppercased) to and restart service...

Yes, it worked. Thx for help. Now the app seems to work very good :-)

However, now, I wonder how this app work. Because, normally when RotationService is offline. Camera works fine. And if I have specified only DisableAutoRotationProcesses section, and Camera.exe is not mentioned there it should not be affected anyway in my opinion? So the question is, why camera rotation should be disabled, if normally it is not disabled, and works fine?

Guest FREAKed

if there is no rotation service installed then omnia switches screen rotation automatically when you enter the camera but if you have the prog installed it overrides it by turning the rotation on if Camera.exe process is not in the blacklist