TomTom Navigator6 -

Guest Kaaeed

Dear All

I have just purchased and installed TT Navigator 6 on my HD.

I am not getting the correct resolution in portrait mode and with Gsen in landscape mode I am getting the screen in triplicate (well 2.5x)!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kaaeed

• 1 month later...
Guest Packmoor Warrior

I purchased TT6 from TomTom to run on my HD and had the same problem as you I think. I have raised an issue with TomTom but as yet they have not responded with a resolution. That said I have found an application, WVGAFIX3, which alters the amount of screen resolution used and this works, you just get about 14mm of the bottom of the screen that will not be used. I set the screen to VGA when using my TomTom and reset to WVGA after I have finished. I like things to work perfectly but this fix doesn’t actually cause me to much irritation.

Guest Omnia_1

Why on earth would you stuff around with old maps and old software when there are real solutions?

TT7 or iGO8 infact anything is more up-to-date than TT6. I have a feeling TT are preparing to release a new version to "officially" support WVGA but until then Im sure there's a fix somewhere around.

Guest pbarclay
Why on earth would you stuff around with old maps and old software when there are real solutions?

TT7 or iGO8 infact anything is more up-to-date than TT6. I have a feeling TT are preparing to release a new version to "officially" support WVGA but until then Im sure there's a fix somewhere around.

I use TT6 with WVGA fix for the reason that I only have legal software on my device. As far as I am aware, TT7 hasn't officially been released for the Pocket PC. It certainly isn't available on the TomTom website or available to purchase from any official shops in the UK.

I only purchased TT6 12 months ago so the maps should be fairly up to date.

Once TomTom release an official upgrade (or, more likely, a discounted new version) that fully supports the Touch HD in all its 800 x 480 glory, I will upgrade. In the meantime, I remain pretty happy with the TT6 in VGA format - so much clearer than the QVGA screen on my old Touch Dual.

Guest Omnia_1
I use TT6 with WVGA fix for the reason that I only have legal software on my device. As far as I am aware, TT7 hasn't officially been released for the Pocket PC. It certainly isn't available on the TomTom website or available to purchase from any official shops in the UK.

I only purchased TT6 12 months ago so the maps should be fairly up to date.

Once TomTom release an official upgrade (or, more likely, a discounted new version) that fully supports the Touch HD in all its 800 x 480 glory, I will upgrade. In the meantime, I remain pretty happy with the TT6 in VGA format - so much clearer than the QVGA screen on my old Touch Dual.

As far as Im aware and can remember :) the highest map build that TT6 can run is high 6 version (correct me if I'm wrong) if I were to use that build and TT6 core I would not be able to get around the city I live in as they are so outdated. I don't see support for TT6 and Touch HD either therefore I would say its no more legal than someone using a preinstalled version TT7 from another device. I'm not condoning illegal software I'm merely being logical and yes as soon as the tt7 is officially avail I will purchase too!

Edited by Omnia_1