Gisbourne

Gisbourne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
I have an Alu/Leather case on the way from Proporta:

http://www.proporta....t...&t_mode=des

I had a HTC leather case for my last phone, but in the past I've had problems with the catches/fasteners failing, so thought I would give these guys a try. They also have a neat car docking system, but have already got the HTC one...

Regards,

Guy

rookie_aus

rookie_aus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC TOUCH HD
I've got mine from ADVERTISING SPAM.com

I ordered the aluminum black and a screen protector on the night of Feb 19 and it arrived this morning.

:(

moonwharfpoet

moonwharfpoet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:HTC TOUCH HD
I've just bought a cheap ebay silicon case, as I want something that I can just chuck on my Touch HD asap (getting the phone tomorrow afternoon, can't wait...I currently have the HTC p6500 and its a brick!) The chances are I will invest in a Krussell at a later date, as I ride a motorbike and have previously clipped my phones onto the Krussell Clip on my handlebars...great for tomtom!

I guess screen protectors are a must with the touch HD? Looking at the screen so lovely & shiny I don't really fancy getting it mucked up. Is it easily scratched?

Tom :(

Edited by moonwharfpoet, 24 February 2009 - 02:18 PM.

StGeorge

StGeorge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to use a silicon case in conjunction with a Brodit holder without removing the case?

Cheers

Previous Devices: HTC Touch Dual, Palm Treo 750v, SPV M3100, SPV C500...
Laptop / Netbook: Dell XPS M1210 & Samsung NC10 in blue with 2GB upgrade.

Happy Dave

Happy Dave

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@72dg

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a silicon case in conjunction with a Brodit holder without removing the case?

Cheers

no you definitely can't, its a good tight fit without anything on the phone

RickDawson

RickDawson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario III
I'm going to buy a brodit holder to replace the one I had for my Vario 3/TyTn2 and use the existing pro-clip

I could do with a case that is easy to slide the phone out when opened.

I'd rather have a rigid leather case, but not the proporta one.

I like the suede/alcantra one HTC supply with it, but I find the screen can easily get pressed.

any suggestions / recommendations for one?

Edited by RickDawson, 06 June 2009 - 10:29 AM.

Rick Dawson
www.RichardDawson.co.uk - My Blog
uk.YouTube.com/user/DJRickDawson - My YouTube Mixes

Happy Dave

Happy Dave

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

I'm going to buy a brodit holder to replace the one I had for my Vario 3/TyTn2 and use the existing pro-clip

I could do with a case that is easy to slide the phone out when opened.

I'd rather have a rigid leather case, but not the proporta one.

I like the suede/alcantra one HTC supply with it, but I find the screen can easily get pressed.

any suggestions / recommendations for one?

I've got this Beyza one which is nice but I currently prefer the new HTC Leather one, its the best one I bought so far and I've got a few. Links below:
Beyza:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...t...93:1|294:50

HTC
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...D...93:1|294:50

RickDawson

RickDawson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario III
does anyone know how easy it is to take the HD out of the HTC case?

Rick Dawson
www.RichardDawson.co.uk - My Blog
uk.YouTube.com/user/DJRickDawson - My YouTube Mixes

Happy Dave

Happy Dave

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

does anyone know how easy it is to take the HD out of the HTC case?

it just slides out the side, those 'claws' just hold it in place. Its just like a slip case, but rigid. Phones out the case in an instant and its OK using the phone in the case. Its very safe in the case, no chance of it slipping out - the only negative i can think of for it is that it doesn't have a camera cut out on the back

Edited by Happy Dave, 08 June 2009 - 08:45 PM.

pbarclay

pbarclay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

it just slides out the side, those 'claws' just hold it in place. Its just like a slip case, but rigid. Phones out the case in an instant and its OK using the phone in the case. Its very safe in the case, no chance of it slipping out - the only negative i can think of for it is that it doesn't have a camera cut out on the back

I have a Brodit Car Holder and a Piel Frama case for my Touch HD. The combination ideal: the Touch HD slides out of the Piel Frama very easily to slip into the Brodit Car Holder whilst the PF has a camera cut out at the back. Piel Frama cases are expensive but are built to last. I bought one in 2003 for a Loox 720 and it still looks almost new despite being in daily use for over 6 years!

zimboox

zimboox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:m3100, TYTN II
Piel Frama - brilliant! Had one for each HTC device I've owned over the years, they do great car mounts as well. Very well protected against drops and knocks, your heart doesn't stop when you miss your pocket and drop it on the ground. They are expensive, but there are some deals on ebay. http://www.pielframa...tc_touch_hd.htm

By the way, the iGo auto power adapter and A53 tip seem to be able to keep up with the battery drain from using Tomtom really well.

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310 with latest Rom
the ADVERTISING SPAM version 2 for the HTC touch HD is a great case.... I found it a little loose though but in conjunction with a rubber slip case it makes it less likely to slip out... only trouble is front camera hole and back light sensor are obscured when using both cases to gether... but stiill a great case... stick your driving licence card in the front to help give additional screen protection too

http://www.ADVERTISI...oducts_id=16283

or you could try this one

http://www.ADVERTISI...oducts_id=12402

Edited by conan_troutman, 26 July 2009 - 04:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users