Manila2D i900 ROM based on DXHK2

Guest ECG

Guest donnykim

I have just good Internet Connection. I did have problem with msn but then it was auto detection setting for internet, when I didn't choose for auto detect i could use my messenger.

So far 2 times crashes during scrolling M2D at media section but other than that really fast

Sorry everybody, but some italian users reported big (and I mean BIG) problems with Internet connection with this ROM.

Any issue on your devices?

I'm really tempted to flash K2 (i'm now using J3 italian), but I wouldn't want to loose Manila ...

can you point me to this place where Italian users report big problems please...

thanks in advance..

oh, do you mean any HK2 ROM, or this particular PV06 ROM? your post is a little misleading. This ROM has Manila and so does PaSSoA's DXHK1/M2D04 ROM, so you do have options with Manila and newer ROMs.

J3 is old.

Ho avuto qualche problemi in effetti con questa ROM e con altre 2 ROM DXHK2 ..che pero ho risolto cambiando qualche impostazione in "connection"

Praticamente ,essendo con la TIM,invece di parametrare la mia connessione WAP su "My Work Network" ho dovuto farlo su "My Wap Network" . perche una volta messo i parametri quest'ultimi scomparivano proprio.. pero cosi ho risolto .. :rolleyes:

Checkout another alternative cooked i900 ROM with Manila2D interface.

Note sure whether FlashLite3.1 is included.

XIP ported for Touch HD : CE OS 5.2.20757 Build 20757.1.4.0

Original Site : http://www.pdaviet.net/showthread.php?t=40635

Translated : http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...sl=vi&tl=en

Here is release notes in English if anyone cares.

Version V06, WM6.1 is integrated Manila2D especially for Omnia i900, features:

_Developed and edited from V05, based on ROM: i900DXHK2

_Edited some basic registries, ex. removes security issue when insall CAB files, fixes some known errors from V05

_PORT XIP and SYS are the main change, thus there is no different about the interface nor features in this version.

_Replaced XIP and SYS fully from original HTC Touch HD ROM with code:

CE OS 5.2.20757 Build 20757.1.4.0

_Note (Vietnamese users): All ROMs from PDAVIET are well integrated Vietnamese fonts system, therefore use this ROM as you please without installing any other fonts (

Edited by Anh Vo

Guest Hileotech
can you point me to this place where Italian users report big problems please...

thanks in advance..

oh, do you mean any HK2 ROM, or this particular PV06 ROM? your post is a little misleading. This ROM has Manila and so does PaSSoA's DXHK1/M2D04 ROM, so you do have options with Manila and newer ROMs.

J3 is old.

Sorry for being a bit misleading.

Here is the link to Telefonino.net Forum: http://forum.telefonino.net/showthread.php...739&page=17. See post #329 on: some user(s) found it impossible to connect via web/wap and WiFi...

Tell me if you need more infos: I would really like to flash this ROM!

Oh... and of course I am (better: they are) talking about THIS PV06 ROM

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hileotech

Guest Shadowy

Here is the link to Telefonino.net Forum: http://forum.telefonino.net/showthread.php...739&page=17. See post #329 on: some user(s) found it impossible to connect via web/wap and WiFi...

I flashed to this rom yesterday and haven't had any problems connecting to the web via gprs or wifi.

I'm an Italian user and I confirm that connections work great! You just have to set connection parameters manually.

Edited by Fa79

Guest shokka9

We will see, i am about to flash it.

I really like the idea that this ROM uses a more stable version of windows.

The flash lite problem (or lack of 3.1) isnt an issue, just install it. But the GPS could be a problem.

For some reason, people expereince different outcomes.

I am just backing up my phone.

let you know in a bit.

Oh, bobobird, didn't realise you didn't like M2D, because thats all the Omnia does that is like HTC. The windows version is nothing to do with HTC (albeit it came from there).

This ROM is designed specifically for Omnia (vietnamese users), but we (english users) wil be ok.

Laterz.

Guest shokka9

flashed ok, just customising it to my requirements.

Seems HTC album doesn't work as it should. Will fix and see if ok.

Seems ok the ROM seems stable. Just installing my apps, my M2D skin, tweaks etc, then i will give it proper testing.

PaSSoA's verison seems a lot better from the off, but this WM build is what intrigues me.

Update coming soon.........

Guest shokka9

bad news for me anyway...

tried to install the black Tegic keypad from xxxholics site, no good. It asked to restart Omnia, fine, then would not load up the Omnia, booting seems ok, but kept displaying the last screen i was in before reboot. No buttons would work, therefore hard reset via buttons would not work.

Only soft reset would work, the phone would not connect via Active Sync, but i managed to get an updater to see it, so i had to flash again with PaSSoA's ROM.

start again then....

Don't think this ROM likes Tegic very much. I won't try that again anyway. Will wait for PaSSoA's HK3 or HL2 ROM...

We can only try can't we. I am sure this ROM was a good one, but i need my customisations.

Laterz.

Just watch out for this kind of freezing.

Guest Shadowy

Strange to see these reports of problems, I've been using this rom for 4 days with no problems at all. The only tiny niggle was that samsung clock didn't appear in the program list, but the program hasn't been removd from Windows so that was easily solved.

Guest shokka9

Strange to see these reports of problems, I've been using this rom for 4 days with no problems at all. The only tiny niggle was that samsung clock didn't appear in the program list, but the program hasn't been removd from Windows so that was easily solved.

To clarify, I didn't expereience any issues with the ROM for the short time i was using.

My problem arose when i tried to install Tegic Keypads, see my earlier post. It resulted in a frozen Omnia, that would not recognize any key presses. The only thing that would work was soft reset, and that kept bringing me back to frozen screen.

Ended up flashing it to another ROM.

Seems a very nice ROM, just won't work with my preferences.

Guest Simon Lo

this is a good rom, but i find i cannot brose website by Opera/ IE, even cannot download map by Google map...even by WIFI, 3G, Active Sync.

But some programms do able to download data from the Internet, eg,: Resco update, QGPS, Weather update....

can anyone tell me what's wrong??

And i have find below forum about fixing the problem, please have a look, does it mean i should Hard reset ALL the device including my storage??

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...sl=vi&tl=en

Edited by Simon Lo

Guest Hileotech
this is a good rom, but i find i cannot brose website by Opera/ IE, even cannot download map by Google map...even by WIFI, 3G, Active Sync.

But some programms do able to download data from the Internet, eg,: Resco update, QGPS, Weather update....

can anyone tell me what's wrong??

And i have find below forum about fixing the problem, please have a look, does it mean i should Hard reset ALL the device including my storage??

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...sl=vi&tl=en

I think you should check the settings for your internet connection: as it's a Vietnamite ROM, it cannot recognize automatically your country/operator settings as "official" (or "official-based") ROM's of your Country / Zone do. For instance, should I install this ROM, I would have to set one by one web, wap, mms, sms etc settings for Vodafone Italy.

As far as hard reset + HDD format: I think it's always a good thing to perform both operations before AND after flashing a new ROM. Otherways there might be problems (and some reported them) if you should ever want to format mass storage with the new ROM (I think ROM's "write" some kind of unique ID file in mass storage: if they don't find this set of bytes they kind of hang up...).

I think you should check the settings for your internet connection: as it's a Vietnamite ROM, it cannot recognize automatically your country/operator settings as "official" (or "official-based") ROM's of your Country / Zone do. For instance, should I install this ROM, I would have to set one by one web, wap, mms, sms etc settings for Vodafone Italy.

As far as hard reset + HDD format: I think it's always a good thing to perform both operations before AND after flashing a new ROM. Otherways there might be problems (and some reported them) if you should ever want to format mass storage with the new ROM (I think ROM's "write" some kind of unique ID file in mass storage: if they don't find this set of bytes they kind of hang up...).

Hi, my internet connection(wap) is workign fine, but i can't update weather using wap connection. Weather only update when my phone is connected to the pc. Any idea?

Thanks

Guest scoiattolo
Hi, my internet connection(wap) is workign fine, but i can't update weather using wap connection. Weather only update when my phone is connected to the pc. Any idea?

Thanks

Depends on your provider. Wap accesses internet not directly but via a proxy and some protocols and/or sites may be disabled by your provider.

In my case (Vodafone) I can update without any problem Manila Weather but with some others doesn't work

Depends on your provider. Wap accesses internet not directly but via a proxy and some protocols and/or sites may be disabled by your provider.

In my case (Vodafone) I can update without any problem Manila Weather but with some others doesn't work

Hi, I got Vodafone too with wap connection. Maybe you could help me to solve my problems. Could you please tell me your settings?

It's strage that only weather is not working on my phone.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I got Vodafone too with wap connection. Maybe you could help me to solve my problems. Could you please tell me your settings?

It's strage that only weather is not working on my phone.

Thanks a lot!

Nobody can help me?

Thanks for your sugestions